Pick #12:
10.png

12. Mighty Pigs

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Screen-Shot-2014-03-28-at-3.45.02-PM-615x345.png

"So it's the Mighty Pigs who suffer the misfortune of being revealed first in this show. Their pick only drops by one spot, however, so hopefully not too much of a disappointment. We'll reach out to Pigs GM @TheHudlinator to see if he has any thoughts. Huds?"

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
images

"Well, we're struggling a bit with the phone lines this morning, so let's take this opportunity to bring in Bob McKenzie, who is here today to break down the players who are going to be on offer in the prospect draft. Bob, many are saying that this draft is going to be one for the ages. Do you agree?"

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
GettyImages-85982240.0.jpg

"Well, I'd be agreeing with myself, James, so of course. This is going to be a fantastic draft from top to bottom, both in terms of the high-end guys, and the value you can get with later picks. Obviously, at the top of the draft people have been pencilling in Lafreniere for quite a while, but there is a group of players pushing him for that top spot."

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
james-duthie.jpg

"Thanks Bob. I'm sure this draft has GMs very excited as we get to revealing which teams will get to pick in the top 5. On that note, let's bring things back to Bill Daly to reveal the team picking at spot #11."

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
images

"So it will be the Flaming Horseheads who pick at 11 in the prospect draft, with the pick that originally belonged to Gunslingers. Gunslingers do have a pick in the prospect draft that has not been revealed yet, belonging initially to Hamilton Slackberry. So a win there for Gunslingers.

I'm told that we've made contact with @Janks at last. Sorry for the technical difficulties in reaching you, Janks. Welcome to the Draft Lottery Special!"

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
"Thanks for having me everyone - really exciting times for the Swimming Manatees. We're coming with a new direction for the team, so I'm excited to bring all our fans with a refreshing new look in the coming months"

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
"Thanks for having me everyone - really exciting times for the Swimming Manatees. We're coming with a new direction for the team, so I'm excited to bring all our fans with a refreshing new look in the coming months"
duthie1.png

"That's great to hear, Janks. Now, you come into what is certainly a difficult situation with no pick in the upcoming prospect draft. How hard are you cheering against your pick to be selected first overall in this one?"

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
7738847.jpg

"Yeezy, we'll start by looking at the current league situation. Your team seemed to have one foot in the grave when the suspension of the league happened. Did that come as something of a relief to you?"
Not a chance, I feel like we have the greatest team ever assembled in league history, a couple off nights mean nothing. If anything this rests up my team for the long haul.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
duthie1.png

"That's great to hear, Janks. Now, you come into what is certainly a difficult situation with no pick in the upcoming prospect draft. How hard are you cheering against your pick to be selected first overall in this one?"
" You know, I've got to be intellectually honest here. I think the trades in the past put us in a position to be introspective, and to really take a deep dive. So regardless of where our pick lands, I'm happy for that opportunity"

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Not a chance, I feel like we have the greatest team ever assembled in league history, a couple off nights mean nothing. If anything this rests up my team for the long haul.
james-duthie.jpg

*chuckles*

"Your trademark optimism when faced with an impossible situation is truly an inspiration for us all in these dark timelines.

In terms of the draft, when do you expect to see the Good Decisions pick that you own come up? Are you all in for the top spot, or do you take anything as a bonus at this point?"

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
" You know, I've got to be intellectually honest here. I think the trades in the past put us in a position to be introspective, and to really take a deep dive. So regardless of where our pick lands, I'm happy for that opportunity"
James-Duthie-HiRes2.jpg

"That's great to hear. It's going to take a lot of intestinal fortitude to get that team out of its predicament, and you seem like you've got what it takes. Thanks for taking the time today."

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
James-Duthie-HiRes2.jpg

"That's great to hear. It's going to take a lot of intestinal fortitude to get that team out of its predicament, and you seem like you've got what it takes. Thanks for taking the time this today."
"Thanks for having me James - best of luck for the show and hope to chat in the future. I think with hard work, we can accomplish great things."

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
james-duthie.jpg

*chuckles*

"Your trademark optimism when faced with an impossible situation is truly an inspiration for us all in these dark timelines.

In terms of the draft, when do you expect to see the Good Decisions pick that you own come up? Are you all in for the top spot, or do you take anything as a bonus at this point?"
Honestly this is kind of just a freebie for me, would be happy with a top 5 pick. And you know it's always available for trade once the results are in.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Honestly this is kind of just a freebie for me, would be happy with a top 5 pick. And you know it's always available for trade once the results are in.
james-duthie.jpg

"Well, that's a great attitude to have. I'm sure we'll get back in touch with you when the Dusters' logo pops up. Thanks for getting back to us today."

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
7738847.jpg

"Alright, let's keep the momentum rolling and reveal the next pick. It's worth noting that every single revealed pick has fallen from its predicted position so far. Peppering Angus was saddled with the lowest odds in the lottery, but has yet to be revealed. Maybe with this next one, they will be. Bill?"

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
james-duthie.jpg

"Well, I'm sure a fair bit of disappointment for @tfong there, as the Suicide Squad pick drops by one spot to #8. Fong, that was one of two darts that you had to toss at the dart board in this one. Are the nerves increasing now as the reveal continues?"

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Screen-Shot-2014-03-28-at-3.45.02-PM-615x345.png

"Well, it looks like we have to wait on comment from tfong. For now, let's bring in one of the strong candidates for GM of the Year, @DatsyukToZetterberg. DTZ, this was your second year in the league. How were you able to make such a strong improvement this year?"

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Not really, any of those top 10 picks will yield a great player regardless. I mean based on probabilities we've already prepared that they would be late picks, we're not like the Oilers thinking we'll win the lottery. We'll make best use of our scouting resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad