Jan 30, 2011
giphy.gif
Large sized oof

Reactions: Black Box

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Just so everyone knows, we're kind of at the mercy of what Yahoo does as far as how the rest of the playoffs plays out. The NHL remains outwardly hopeful of continuing towards a Stanley Cup, and if that involves making up regular season games, I would imagine that Yahoo would jump back online for that. In the event that we cannot possibly complete our playoffs, it's not the end of the world. As soon as we have confirmation, we'll announce a keeper deadline, give time for trades, and conduct our off-season as normally as possible.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Can we just open up off-season trades right after the lottery?
Per my last post, we will open trading once it is confirmed that our current season/playoffs are over.

As it happens, Yahoo has posted the following today:

We're continuing to review all options as we look towards finalizing a plan for full-season fantasy basketball, hockey, and baseball. We appreciate your patience during this time, and we'll keep you up to date when final decisions are made soon.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
As expected:

Yahoo will be extending the current week until the NHL resumes their season. Yahoo will be following the lead of the NHL to determine how the season will continue. We will not make any final decisions for Pro, Public, or Private leagues until the NHL makes a decision on their season.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
CFHF-Banner.png

H. Jay Feaster Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of General Management

It's Now Time for Round Two!

The preliminary voting round produced the following:

upload_2020-3-17_21-19-34.png

With everyone having a lot of time on their hands, everyone should be able to vote in the final round to determine the award winner.

The top 5 options are in a poll up top. Please vote for your favourite.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
upload_2020-3-17_17-57-21-png.336973

Rules:
  • Picks are determined using three die rolls. To start with, all die rolls are with a ten-sided die.
  • The table showing what dice rolls lead to what results is attached.
  • In some cases, all three rolls are not required to know the result.
  • In some cases, the previous elimination of certain outcomes will allow the ten-sided die to be switched for a six-sided die. Further to this, often a die roll will be made with only two or three possible outcomes. In these cases, the six-sided die will be used, with numbers grouped together as one result; a more specific explanation will precede the die roll.
  • As mentioned, a video of the lottery is being captured, and will be posted at the end of the reveal.

deputy-nhl-commissioner-bill-daly-speaks-during-the-stanley-cup-as-picture-id654205426

"Hi there everyone! Bill Daly here at the CFHF Fantasy League headquarters. I can assure you that I would opt to self-quarantine after visiting here even if there was no virus. I'm about to head into the back room to oversee proceedings, and am providing you with this timestamp so there are no shenanigans.

James and the gang will be with you as soon as there are results to share!"

Attachments

• DraftLottery.pdf
    281 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
jamesduthie_tradecentre.jpg

"Good morning everyone. This is James Duthie, and it's great to be back hosting the CFHF Fantasy League Draft Lottery Results Reveal Special for a fifth year in a row. I'm here today with Bob McKenzie and Bill Daly, each maintaining a safe distance from myself."

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
james-duthie.jpg

"Bill has just informed me that he left the lottery results in his trunk and has to go down to the parkade to grab them. He's going to need to wash his hands again, so while we wait, let's see if we can get in contact with the league's newest general manager, @Janks . Janks, are you there?"

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
duthie1.png

"Well, we're off to a flying start here. We'll try to get a hold of Janks a little later in the show. For now, I'm hearing we're going to make do with a consistent league kingpin, @Kanye . Can you hear me, Ye?"

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
james-duthie.jpg

"Well, as we wait for what seems like an eternity, I think I hear the sounds of Bill Daly bustling through the door back into the studio, and... yes, he's holding a stack of cards. I think this seems like a good time to switch gears, and I'll turn things over to Bill to reveal which team is going to be picking at spot 12 in both the Prospect Draft and the Main Draft. Bill?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad