Part 4. We Don't Need An Enforcer. We have Pacioretty and Subban

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Great scrap by Tinordi. Looked strong. Got a few punches in and looked like he just didn't care. :laugh:

I guess he's not gonna go out of his way to initiate a fight, but if it has to happen, he'll be there and do the job.

Slugger

Mar 6, 2013
Fighting is only down because there isn't enforcers anymore. You're still getting the 2 fights a night from guys that can play. Enforcers inflate the fighting %

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
We got Tinordi and Prust, they both can play hockey. Tinordi is going to be scary in a few years, he's already a beast. Pound-for-pound Prust is one of the best fighter in the league. We're not lacking.

If we play an enforcer we'll be worst of and said enforcer will be completely useless in the playoffs.

firewagon77*

Montreal has Daniel Lacroix on the bench if a brawl ever happens he played a combined 927 games in the QMJHL,IHL,BISHL,QSPHL,AHL,and NHL he got 3792 career PIM always remember him with the Flyers.

izzy75

Nov 22, 2010
You people need to stop trolling, I mean enjoying that you were right.

I was wrong. I can admit that. I truly thought teams would come out bullying and hitting Montreal into oblivion. It's a young season, perhaps things will change.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Everyone hopes so.

It's probably the main reasons he, and McCarron, were drafted so high - provide toughness while having ability to play. I think it's fair to even suggest that if either were soft, they would not be Habs picks right now.

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011
Standard.

Thread is over, all the people arguing that x was going to happen if we didn't sign Goonie McGoon have been proven wrong (especially those that were silly enough to predict specific events in specific games), but the second someone happens to run into Price or someone gets facewashed in a scrum, they'll all be back crying and saying 'see told you so, this would never have happened if we had a goon'.

Even though Gallagher is currently running into goalies at a PPG rate and doesn't appear to care who is sitting on the opposition bench...

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Standard.

Thread is over, all the people arguing that x was going to happen if we didn't sign Goonie McGoon have been proven wrong (especially those that were silly enough to predict specific events in specific games), but the second someone happens to run into Price or someone gets facewashed in a scrum, they'll all be back crying and saying 'see told you so, this would never have happened if we had a goon'.

Even though Gallagher is currently running into goalies at a PPG rate and doesn't appear to care who is sitting on the opposition bench...

So now you're criticizing the pro-enforcer crowd for something they haven't done yet. That's just as bad as the pro-enforcer crowd criticizing the Habs for something that hasn't happened yet.

One guy who wanted a goon has admitted he was wrong so far. He gets points for being big enough to own up to it. Don't see a reason to create a disturbance in the Force by anticipating new arguments.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
So now you're criticizing the pro-enforcer crowd for something they haven't done yet. That's just as bad as the pro-enforcer crowd criticizing the Habs for something that hasn't happened yet.

One guy who wanted a goon has admitted he was wrong so far. He gets points for being big enough to own up to it. Don't see a reason to create a disturbance in the Force by anticipating new arguments.

He's showing how silly and predictable that crowd is.

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011
So now you're criticizing the pro-enforcer crowd for something they haven't done yet.

No I'm criticizing them for something they have done multiple times before and will do again in the future.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Standard.

The season is young ...

68*

Man I miss the era of goons in the NHL. I saw a name that I had not seen in years today: Francis Lessard. Plays in the LNAH now.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He's showing how silly and predictable that crowd is.

There is a silly crowd that has emerged from this thread.
The ones who think that removing Goons from rosters will eliminate fighting in The NHL.
What GM isn't happy to have a hockey player(s) who happens to be able to fight?

Absolutely nothing has changed; teams who have hybrid(s) will use them if they feel it is to their advantage.
Hopefully we will see less staged crap but as for the rest of it...
buttons will be pushed.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
There is a silly crowd that has emerged from this thread.
The ones who think that removing Goons from rosters will eliminate fighting in The NHL.

What GM isn't happy to have a hockey player(s) who happens to be able to fight?

Absolutely nothing has changed; teams who have hybrid(s) will use them if they feel it is to their advantage.
Hopefully we will see less staged crap but as for the rest of it...
buttons will be pushed.

There isn't one person that has argued this. Fights have been on the decline for years, but they will never be eliminated.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
There isn't one person that has argued this. Fights have been on the decline for years, but they will never be eliminated.

The anti fighting sentiment was very prevalent in many of the posts I read as were the inferences.
The logic became soo skewed at one point people weren't even able to admit that a goon and an enforcer could just possibly be two different animals.

i haven't seen as much crap flow since I quit my job at the waste-water treatment facility.
Far too many people taking themselves far too seriously for what?

Nothing has or will change and let's hope to god we do have an enforcer because we need one.

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011
The logic became soo skewed at one point people weren't even able to admit that a goon and an enforcer could just possibly be two different animals.

Everyone's prepared to admit that, it just had no relevance to this thread. The discussion topic of the thread was whether the roster should include a player who was only there on the basis of being able/willing to fight, not for any hockey playing use.

You decided to pop in and pretend you were disagreeing with people based on your own definitions of terms when it was obvious that was not how they were defining them.

It's fairly obvious from the posts where you have avoided semantics that you are broadly in agreement with, say, myself and Kriss, but you're still pretending that you disagree.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
The anti fighting sentiment was very prevalent in many of the posts I read as were the inferences.

i haven't seen as much crap flow since I quit my job at the waste-water treatment facility.
Far too many people taking themselves far too seriously for what?

Nothing has or will change and let's hope to god we do have an enforcer because we need one.

So you're arguing about semantics?
Sure, Enforcers and Goons are different. Enforcer is used to enforce something or someone. A goon is just a guy that fights and possibly bullies.
A guy like Prust is an enforcer. A guy like Parros is a goon. So sure, you can say it's about goons. Really, you can say they're falabalullas if you want, it doesn't matter.
It's been clear from the very first thread that people were discussing players that are used for 5 min just to fight. So really call them whatever you want, that's who we were discussing.
If you want to discuss about a guy like Prust, then everybody will agree he's a key player to have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad