Prospect Info: Part 2: Oskar Lindblom -- round 5 #138 overall 2014 NHL Draft [recalled on 2/19]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Everyone has favorites that can't be explained.

Look at Boxcar and Manning.
Curu and AMac.

:sarcasm:

If anything qualifies for extreme favoritism this year, it's your ongoing attempts to pretend that Steve Mason isn't a .905 goalie with almost half the season gone. That's him there in 36th place, below plenty of goalies who are supposed to be terrible.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?agg...=gamesPlayed,gte,12&pos=G&seasonFrom=20162017

Say what you like about Manning and MacDonald, but they are having better seasons this year than they did last year. Meanwhile Mase is choking away millions of dollars in a contract year.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It's all about common sense to me.

As we are constructed, no way do we waste a full year of Lindbloms ELC for this years playoffs. Now, if we, like some on here have suggested:

Traded Sanheim for Shattenkirk
Traded Read and picks for Bozak
Etc....

....then in that case, where it looks like we are making moves FOR THIS PLAYOFFS, then it might make sense.

But I don't see that happening. Might as well get 3 full year of his cheap contract and delay things another year.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Konecny is both a top talent and has been sheltered his rookie season, held out of certain situations and his minutes somewhat limited.

Lindblom is also a top talent, but he's older, bigger, and stronger.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If anything qualifies for extreme favoritism this year, it's your ongoing attempts to pretend that Steve Mason isn't a .905 goalie with almost half the season gone.

Say what you like about Manning and MacDonald, but they are having better seasons this year than they did last year. meanwhile Mase is choking away millions of dollars in a contract year.

I have said he has had a bad year. And yes, it is costing him money. But I also said BEFORE all this that I would re-sign him for 2 years and have no issue with it. Same way I feel today because I feel HF is better than his numbers suggest. I am not over-reacting like you wanting to trade him for Niemi.

As for AMac and Manning, garbage both years.....with this year a sprinkle of a few good games. They are anchors with whoever they play with and the CAUSE of lots of goals against....that are killing Mason's numbers. But you know that...just choose to ignore it.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
I have never seen him play, but what I've heard of Oskar, is that his game would actually be far more suited to a smaller rink where he can use his exceptional board work to carve a role for himself. He could be the Hartnell that the top line has been missing. We haven't really a player since Harts that can mix it up in the corners but still have hands capable of finishing.

For whatever reason, Simmonds has never really played well with Giroux.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
MacDonald actually has by far the best 5 on 5 GA/60 on the defense. Manning has the worst, but it's pretty ridiculous to blame his limited minutes for Mason having a terrible SV% after 30 games, which is half of a normal season for him.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
MacDonald actually has by far the best 5 on 5 GA/60 on the defense. Manning has the worst, but it's pretty ridiculous to blame his limited minutes for Mason having a terrible SV% after 30 games, which is half of a normal season for him.

Oh...I didn't know AMac's mistakes on the PK don't count for him. They count against Mason. Or do you just ignore them like last night?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
That's an intelligent response?
The coach is insane?

Well his strange attachments to certain players are bordering on insanity, yeah.

Thinking Vandevelde belongs in the lineup.
Thinking Bellemare is a 3C.
Keeping Manning in the lineup last year.
Scratching some players and giving others unlimited chances to screw up with no accountability.

They're all very odd choices and none of them can be explained by saying "but but but Hakstols system!"... the system has nothing to do with his usage of players, and that's my point.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Mason is ranked 34th in ES SV%, and 30th in PK SV%. So he's actually doing better 4 on 5 than at 5 on 5.

Therefore, the idea that he has a low overall SV% just because of the Flyers PK, and specifically because of MacDonald, is ludicrous.

His PK SV% in 16-17 is actually significantly higher than it was last season, when MacDonald wasn't on the team for most of it.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
That just shows you can't count on goalies.

Howard was terrible last year, great this year.

Bob was terrible last year, great this year.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If anything qualifies for extreme favoritism this year, it's your ongoing attempts to pretend that Steve Mason isn't a .905 goalie with almost half the season gone. That's him there in 36th place, below plenty of goalies who are supposed to be terrible.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?agg...=gamesPlayed,gte,12&pos=G&seasonFrom=20162017

Say what you like about Manning and MacDonald, but they are having better seasons this year than they did last year. Meanwhile Mase is choking away millions of dollars in a contract year.

This is a misrepresentation.

His save percentage has been above league average since the start of December. The goalie he is RIGHT NOW is better than .905. His save percentage is damaged by the poor start to the season.

Numbers are meaningless without context.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
That GAA. has been slowly coming down and I expect to be in the clear by seasons end lol.

Very optimistic of you, but we're about to go on a streak of playing the Sharks, Ducks, Rags, Bolts, and BJs while being in a bit of a funk in the "don't let them score" department. All with the potential to push you closer and closer to the jello. :naughty:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Lindblom is also a top talent, but he's older, bigger, and stronger.

And coming in cold, without practicing with the team, in the playoffs.
It's one thing to project him as a 3rd line starter next year, but to play significant minutes in this year's playoffs? That's a stretch.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Saying it would be a bit much to toss him straight into the NHL playoffs or on a line with people he's never played with is one thing, but saying it's because Hakstols system is too complex is something else completely.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
And coming in cold, without practicing with the team, in the playoffs.
It's one thing to project him as a 3rd line starter next year, but to play significant minutes in this year's playoffs? That's a stretch.

I was talking about him playing from the start of April when the Flyers would have five games left before the playoffs. If a kid like Bennett can do it coming from Junior, it's not that big of a stretch for Lindblom who has been playing against men for years.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
This is a misrepresentation.

His save percentage has been above league average since the start of December. The goalie he is RIGHT NOW is better than .905. His save percentage is damaged by the poor start to the season.

Numbers are meaningless without context.

I've HAD it with you contextarians. Always considering reality, experience and the eye test when blind obedience to numbers is the current fad... :)

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Just an FYI.

Lindblom still good at hockey, picked up an assist today

Yeh. Just makes something happen every shift.

He has actually been on ice for all three goals for in the first as the lead 3-0, though is only +2.

As he did not get a + on the 2nd as his replacement had already jumped on ice as he was about to get off. And on that goal he got the zone entry, shot, forced a give-away, but did not get assist as did not touch it.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I kind of hate waiting.

Same issue we had with Provorov and Konecny, just waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad