GDT: PART 2 - ECF G4: (4)Boston Bruins v (1) Pittsburgh Penguins - 6/7/13 8P ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Vghcn6D.gif

Vghcn6D.gif

Vghcn6D.gif

Vghcn6D.gif

Vghcn6D.gif

That is so cool :)

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Yeah, they did. :laugh: Second time I've had to buy someone a Siedenberg jersey. Euro football fans are intrigued by the speed of the game, and can understand the strategy fairly well. Even people who've never watched a game before can see we were getting hosed on calls. That, and why it was hilarious to watch Pens players get in Looch or Thornton's face after whistle took some explaining. Once they saw on my ipad what Lucic does to people who are dumb enough to drop the gloves, they understood why Cooke went into the fetal position.

"Yah, Yah...Lucic vill kill you, you fakah!!"

So, the game within a game took some explaining. Otherwise, they loved it, especially the hitting, and guys bleeding on the bench. As they're used to guys falling down and diving after getting rubbed a little in soccer/euro football.

No idea why western europeans don't fall in love w/ this game. Right up their alley.

The NHL playoffs are quite the recruiting tool. I was walking by a UPS truck idling curbside at the Mall this afternoon and propped up in the windshield was a copy of the latest Sports Illustrated with Rask on the cover and a headline of "Why the NHL has the best playoffs" or something like that. So true.

The last minute of the game was ridiculous. I actually tried to see if I could sit through it. I set out to stay seated. Impossible. Even casual fan next to me was diving around the room as if blocking the crease.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Talking about the NHL Play Offs being a good recruiting tool. Myself and 2 of my others friends have names that begin with A. We call ourselves Triple A. Well 2 of us are Bruins fans. Converted one of them when he went to visit Boston with me and he went to 2 Bruins games in 2012. Now the other is watching the Bruins this play offs. IDK if it's because he feels left out or not but at least he is watching and becoming a fan. :laugh:

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
After Charas glove save on Malkin the puck was going right back to Malkin with time and space and half a net wide open only for James Neal to steal it from him a puch it away from danger thenk you Neal, thank you Iggy for the game winner.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

For the record for everyone who doesn't know that is NOT my dog. By now I hope everyone knows about Ray Charles The Golden Retriever.

My dog has a Bruins outfit she is just too old and fat and can't fit into it.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My Father is already talking flights to Chicago for next week. Unfortunately I don't have a single day of PTO to use...and I don't fly.

My daughter is talking about meeting me in Chicago...I have no PTO and No $$...well I am saving $$ by not having to pay for game 6...hummmm:sarcasm:

mobileusa

Mar 30, 2013
can someone post a pic of the Bruins team at the end with the trophy? My wife wants it for her Facebook page :)

insomniac34

Mar 31, 2010
Congratulations B's fans, your team dismantled us and played one of the most impressive defensive series I have ever seen in my 15 years of watching hockey, against one of the best playoff offenses I have ever seen in my 15 years of watching hockey (through the first two rounds). It was a pleasure as a fan of the game to watch such a clinic of defensive hockey and grit, even if it came at the expense of my own team. Good Series, and good luck in the Finals.

mobileusa

Mar 30, 2013
170143848_slide.jpg

There you go :)

Could someone with the ability to do so shop the Boston Strong ribbon into the picture? Thanks

Sweet! We are the only ones in Mobile, Alabama to fly the Bruins flag. Heck, I even have Bruins stickers on my truck. Proud to be a Bruin redneck!

mobileusa

Mar 30, 2013
kind words from Bylsma, kinda feel sorry for him...but Cindy? not a modest bone in his body. Thank goodness the love affair is over

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
So we had no chance of winning this series according to most pens fans. We were not in the same class as the mighty machine. No way we can keep up with there scoring machine of a team. Well wouldn't you know we couldn't do it. We just could not score 2 pathetic goals. No we scored 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad