GDT: PART 2 - ECF G4: (4)Boston Bruins v (1) Pittsburgh Penguins - 6/7/13 8P ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
375742_398391106941206_1833740371_n.jpg

...cute...overload...shutting down...can't take it...

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
Rask and Horton have to be priority number 1.

Rask is a given. He's going nowhere.

If Horton decides to go for the money elsewhere instead of competing for a couple more Cups here, than Jagr and Iginla are the best two other options put there.

I can see Chia at the last minute tell Shero he has aquired a player with some marbles in stead of Iggy ...............screw him :handclap:

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I just congratulated you guys, however I think you guys would have gained some respect for Reimer, he played fantastic against you guys, and the "great collapse" was far from his fault.

Carlyle is also the perfect coach for our team, much like Julien is yours.

We were two minutes away from sending you guys packing in a great come back story. (Instead, we had a great come back story)

Take victory with pride, not ignorance.

This is your night, and I congratulate you guys for that, however, don't stomp on others. I'm n
ot saying we would be in the finals, heck, we could have been swept by the Rangers for all we know. If some people believe that, let them, who cares? You guys are on the way to the finals! And if this past series was any indication, on your way to 2nd Stanley Cup in three years.

Once again, congratulations guys, it must be a great feeling, one I wish I could have felt instead of
feeling sick to my stomach. However, don't get cocky, you guys still have one more series to go, against either a very very skilled Chicago Blackhawks team, or a great all round team with arguably the best goalie in the NHL in the LA Kings.

No anger, or "trolling" is meant with this post, just some words to think about I guess.

No arrogance or ignorance here. Hell, I think most Bruins fans like the Leafs. I know I do. Good luck net year, Leafs clearly a team in the rise.

Edit: I thought I was responding to a Leafs fan, my bad.

HockeyGoddess

Mar 1, 2002
Nashua, NH
I just congratulated you guys, however I think you guys would have gained some respect for Reimer, he played fantastic against you guys, and the "great collapse" was far from his fault.

We were two minutes away from sending you guys packing in a great come back story. (Instead, we had a great come back story)

This is your night, and I congratulate you guys for that, however, don't stomp on others. I'm not saying we would be in the finals, heck, we could have been swept by the Rangers for all we know. If some people believe that, let them, who cares? You guys are on the way to the finals! And if this past series was any indication, on your way to 2nd Stanley Cup in three years.

Once again, congratulations guys, it must be a great feeling, one I wish I could have felt instead of feeling sick to my stomach. However, don't get cocky, you guys still have one more series to go, against either a very very skilled Chicago Blackhawks team, or a great all round team with arguably the best goalie in the NHL in the LA Kings.

No anger, or "trolling" is meant with this post, just some words to think about I guess.

Reimer did do a heck of a job against the Bruins. While I was ecstatic that the Bruins pulled off an amazing comeback in that game 7, I felt bad for Toronto fans. I remember how sick I felt in 2010 when the Bruins choked against the Flyers. It was awful.

The Leafs are a young team... I suspect they will be contenders for the foreseeable future.

There's no cockiness in this particular fan... the Hawks or Kings will be a HUGE battle, whichever team the B's end up facing. Thanks for your congrats. :)

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston

This is your night, and I congratulate you guys for that, however, don't stomp on others. I'm not saying we would be in the finals, heck, we could have been swept by the Rangers for all we know. If some people believe that, let them, who cares? You guys are on the way to the finals! And if this past series was any indication, on your way to 2nd Stanley Cup in three years.

Once again, congratulations guys, it must be a great feeling, one I wish I could have felt instead of feeling sick to my stomach. However, don't get cocky, you guys still have one more series to go, against either a very very skilled Chicago Blackhawks team, or a great all round team with arguably the best goalie in the NHL in the LA Kings.

We also had you down 3 games to 1, then went into a 3 game coma. I respect Toronto fans, you guys have had little to cheer for, yet still do. That's what real fans do. On the other hand, look at Pens fans. No Crosby or Malkin, and they'd of beaten Atlanta to Winnipeg long ago. Want to see "cocky", go and look at the Pens forum before this series started. Only reason I'm going to take satisfaction in seeing their faces rubbed in doodoo. Add Cam Neely, Marc Savard, not to mention that complete ****in duffuss Jerome "now I'll never even SMELL a Cup" Iginla.

B's will be underdogs again in the finals. Heard the same thing before w/ the Nucks, the flyers, the Pens. Why I think we have a shot. No one here w/ a brain expects it to be easy.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Didn't say it here, well I kind of did, but I knew it would come from the point.

My wife and 4 terrified Germans staying w/ us can vouch for that.

Why I was so annoyed w/ the time Chara was taking to get his damn shot off.

What a time for houseguests. Maybe they take a liking to Seidenberg at least?

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
:stanley::stanley::stanley::handclap::handclap::laugh::laugh::yo:

OMG :D

I never would have guessed that our boys would sweep the mighty Pens :laugh:

I had a fun night GahdenRinkRat showed up in the first period after leaving Logan Airport from Ireland

I am so proud of our boys !

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Looch !!!!

Tuukka :handclap::handclap:

Nice to see Quaider get the winning goal :handclap: I know he want to pound cooke but this is better ;)

Well B's fans ...Here we go again :D

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Wow. Just an awesome series. One for the ages, that's for sure. Feels so good to sweep that team.

Tuukka Rask earned his place in Bruins lore in this series.

This team plays with so much cohesiveness. It actually MATTERS that they like each other and they're a team on and off the ice. It goes beyond talent.

So proud of this team. Going for Lord Stanley's Cup for the 2nd time in three years!!:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Go Bruins!!

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Just saw Pierre's interview with Bergy. His first question...he asked Bergy what it was like to go up against Crosby. Really? I mean.....REALLY?

Ok, now that it's out of my system, no more posts where I grumble about the pro-Crosby talk or the Pens not giving the B's credit. The Bruins are the beasts of the east and I'm getting trolled by the media.:facepalm:

YNWABoston

Aug 3, 2005
Boston, MA
Reading the Pens board right now is hilarious..between seeing their "off-season blueprint", someone just compared us to the Florida Panthers going against the Colorado Avalanche in the Finals hahaah

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
What a time for houseguests. Maybe they take a liking to Seidenberg at least?

Yeah, they did. :laugh: Second time I've had to buy someone a Siedenberg jersey. Euro football fans are intrigued by the speed of the game, and can understand the strategy fairly well. Even people who've never watched a game before can see we were getting hosed on calls. That, and why it was hilarious to watch Pens players get in Looch or Thornton's face after whistle took some explaining. Once they saw on my ipad what Lucic does to people who are dumb enough to drop the gloves, they understood why Cooke went into the fetal position.

"Yah, Yah...Lucic vill kill you, you fakah!!"

So, the game within a game took some explaining. Otherwise, they loved it, especially the hitting, and guys bleeding on the bench. As they're used to guys falling down and diving after getting rubbed a little in soccer/euro football.

No idea why western europeans don't fall in love w/ this game. Right up their alley.

alarsonusa

Jul 15, 2011
MASS
This is your night, and I congratulate you guys for that, however, don't stomp on others. I'm not saying we would be in the finals, heck, we could have been swept by the Rangers for all we know. If some people believe that, let them, who cares?

You have good and fair points about class over arrogance.

However, when other Leafs fans equate taking the Bruins to the brink with breezing to the Finals there's going to be push back. It diminishes the Bruins' achievements since that series and it's frustrating to take after an entire series of the Penguins, from fans to players, refuse to acknowledge the Bruins at all.

For Leafs fans like you who aren't trying to stir it up, it's too bad to get lumped in. I'm hoping we see lots of Leafs, Sens, and Bruins playoff matchups in years to come. Love watching teams trying to play the right way face off.

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
Gotta say congrats to the Bruins and their fans. Wish it had been the series most expected but the B's controlled from beginning to end and deserve credit. Anybody that says the Pens failed takes away from what the Bruins did. Total respect from this Pen's fan that has been a Pens fan since '67 (first year). Chicago or LA are in for a real series!!!:handclap::handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad