Post-Game Talk: Part 2 Comeback for the ages! Bruins win 5-4!

sirmaxalot

Jun 7, 2010
Toronto
I live in Oshawa, outside of Toronto and just got back in town.

Drove down yesterday 8 and a half hours and caught the game. 4-1 I was leaning on the balcony railing just swinging my towel with a heavy heart.

Witnessed one of the best games to catch as a fan in Bruins playoff history. I'm hoarse from screaming and my hand is sore from the hundreds of high-fives I insisted on after that game. I ended up climbing 5 rows up and high-fived everyone I could reach.

9 hour drive back and I'm still smiling. :)

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
OK, now I'm being creepy, I'm on page 9 of the Leafs 3rd gameday thread reading along with the action with the replay on NESN+

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
bang on. little jimmy is the inquirer version of hockey "reporter". lots of grease, lots of rumors, not much meat on that sandy.

me thinks he's just tired of chara not giving him the time of day, so he comes out with this nonsense. i mean, i'm sure he knows a lot more than aaron ward does, a teammate who sat a few stalls away from Z in the locker room for quite a while :laugh: (and ward was never a guy to mince words, either). i bet little jimmy sent ward a direct message with apologies, hoping that he'll "still tune in to my show".

You have to admit Chara is a bit stoic in the interview department.

Z how did it feel tying that game, then scoring in overtime to win the series?
Z - Uhh, we feel good, you never know in playoff, you play until end.

Z what were the emotions like before overtime?
Z - Uhh, we give 100 %, we're happy we win. Find way to win.

Here's my favorite...

After what he did to plate face, not worried a/b Z in the leadership department. Looked like he was giving it to Lucic after the tying goal a/b something at the bench. Then again, Tuukka said it was so loud his ears actually hurt. So maybe he was just yelling.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Drove down yesterday 8 and a half hours and caught the game. 4-1 I was leaning on the balcony railing just swinging my towel with a heavy heart.

Witnessed one of the best games to catch as a fan in Bruins playoff history. I'm hoarse from screaming and my hand is sore from the hundreds of high-fives I insisted on after that game. I ended up climbing 5 rows up and high-fived everyone I could reach.

Amazing story...so glad you were a part of that!

sirmaxalot

Jun 7, 2010
Toronto
Amazing story...so glad you were a part of that!

My phone was blowing up at 4-1. Working in Toronto with the Blue and White everywhere is pretty tough sometimes and they were relentless.

Boss gave me both days off work and said if I drove him to watch as well he'd cover tix, hotel and gas. Hit the i-90E like a bat out of hell.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Kate wasn't kidding. Just watching the replay on NESN+ and when the camera is on Dale and Gord you can see the crowd behind them...still full. Nobody seemed to leave their seats between the 3rd and OT, and you can see and hear them screaming along with the intermission music.

That atmosphere looks like it was the most amazing thing ever to be a part of. Unbelievable energy in that building. It was so loud on the 4th and 5th goals that the sound gets crackly, and you can tell the guys in the audio booth were in a panic trying to balance it.

And for those that have not read through the Leads GDT, the 3rd thread in particular, please do so. Countless posts about game over, moving on to the next round, and fans of Montreal/Vancouver chiming in to congratulate the Leafs. It's too good to miss.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Just finished watching the NESN + replay.....and was riveted. It's great knowing what to for....Lucic,was a beast during the game and watching it again still had me going WOW!

To echo the thoughts about the intermission before the OT...the set list was Paradise City- Don't Stop Believing- Living on a Prayer- Shipping up to Boston- Baba O'Reilly...the crowd never sat down and the players returned to a pumped-up crowd. Kudos to whomever put together the musiic.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
This is so awesome. You can tell from their natural first reactions how much both Brick and Jack love the Bruins. So freaking cool.

jack gets a lot of crap for some of the things he says (sometimes rightly so), but i personally appreciate the legit passion he calls bruins games with - and brick is just a tremendous color guy. few guys can break down a play/game like him. hockey savant.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I lost two good dogs yesterday. My world was black and desolate; that game saved my sanity.

Thank you Bruins.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your dogs. I have always had dogs for pets since I was a kid, and I know how hard it is to lose man's best friend.
I'm glad the Bruins awesome comeback last night helped lessen your pain a little bit...take care.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Was rocking my bruins sweatshirt today at the bar and bumped into Jeff Gordon. He looks at my sweatshirt and says how about that game last night?

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont

Were you the guy that went with his boss? He wasn't a Toronto fan was he? Damn that would be awkward :laugh:

I lost two good dogs yesterday. My world was black and desolate; that game saved my sanity.

Thank you Bruins.

:( very sorry to hear

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Some Crazy Stats From Game 7

Yesterday Randy Robles of the Elias Sports Bureau was on TSN's Off the Record and he provided some amazing stats that prove just how incredible our Bruins comeback actually was.

2:09 of the 3rd period- Phil Kessel scores to give the Leafs a 3-1 lead ( the odds of Toronto winning the game now rise to 93 % )

5:29 of the 3rd period - Nazem Kadri scores to give Toronto a 4-1 lead ( the odds of Toronto winning rise to 98.4 % )

9:17 of the 3rd period - Boston still losing 3-1 ( the odds of Toronto winning are now 98.7 % )

9:18 of the 3rd period - Nathan Horton scores to make the score 4-2 ( Toronto still has a 96.7 % chance of winning )

18:37 of the 3rd period - Boston still trails by 2 goals ( Toronto's odds of winning are now 99.99 % )

18:38 of the 3rd period - Milan Lucic scores to make it 4-3 ( Toronto still has a 95 % chance of winning )

A couple of other interesting stats that Robles provided:

- Patrice Bergeron is the 1st player in NHL history to score the tying goal during the last minute of regulation and then score the OT winner in a Game 7.

- Cody Franson is only the 3rd Defenseman to ever score 2 Goals in a Game 7. The other 2 were Brad Park ( vs Buffalo in 1983 ) and Nick Lidstrom ( vs Phoenix in 2010 ).

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Was rocking my bruins sweatshirt today at the bar and bumped into Jeff Gordon. He looks at my sweatshirt and says how about that game last night?

From one Nascar fan to another, way cool. For 15 years my hubby and I used to go up there for both races, with our crazy schedules with 3 kids playing hockey those were always our "mom and dad only" weekends. Spent a lot of time up at the Naswa and have had more than a few bears with many a crew and driver up there. Always a good time going to the races, it's a 3 day tailgate party with 100,000+ of your best friends.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I hears Roenick saying something about them last night.

However I am pretty sure Horton tipped in the game tying goal. But nobody cared enough to check who scored and honestly I don't care since the bruins won.

I think the Leafs stopped skating and played not to lose rather than preparing for a hard push by the Bruins.

member 96824

That is pretty cool, never was a fan of him but still cool that you got to talk a little Bruins with him

sirmaxalot

Jun 7, 2010
Toronto
Were you the guy that went with his boss? He wasn't a Toronto fan was he? Damn that would be awkward :laugh:

Haha yea man. He paid for gas, hotel and tickets so long as he didn't have to drive. Only reason he recommended it was because he had to fly to Dallas Tuesday.

Wasn't awkward since he's actually my boss' boss' boss. It was just like going with a buddy that can tell my boss and her boss what to do haha

howaryuh

Mar 28, 2004
Guelph, Ontario
My phone was blowing up at 4-1. Working in Toronto with the Blue and White everywhere is pretty tough sometimes and they were relentless.

Boss gave me both days off work and said if I drove him to watch as well he'd cover tix, hotel and gas. Hit the i-90E like a bat out of hell.
I am so glad someone from the area got to go see the game and witness that game.
Just for fun on Sunday night I checked Ticketmaster and could have purchased two tickets, with the week already scheduled as vacation. But alas, plans were made with reservations and could not be changed. Thankful I got to watch the game though!
The memories should last you a lifetime :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad