Post-Game Talk: Part 2 Comeback for the ages! Bruins win 5-4!

member 96824

Brutal coaching for Toronto. Everyone knows the best way to beat the Bruins is let them lead going into the third

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Originally posted by VeddarRants
Murphy has ZERO credibility. Have you been here for some of his board debacles? This Aaron Ward tweet war just adds to the pile. He is a joke and I wouldn't be off-base when I say many in the inner circle of lockerrooms feel the same way.

People build reputations on this board over the years. You learn who you can trust and who you can't. That same sort of trust building reputation also applies to the so called insiders and reporters. After a few years of reading and following, you can tell who's good at what they do ( ie: reporting ) and who is only around for rumor mill gossip with no merit.

Chara is a good captain, regardless of what Jimmy Murphy thinks. Chara won the leadership award a couple of years ago for league's best captain. You don't garner that kind of reputation with players and media without having leadership qualities.

Is Bergeron just as good a leader as Chara? IMO, yes. Wearing a letter on your chest is just a symbol; the real work gets done on the ice and behind the scenes. Bergeron could be wearing the C right now per Murphy's wishes and nothing would change:Chara would still be the same leader his is right now, as would Bergeron.

bang on. little jimmy is the inquirer version of hockey "reporter". lots of grease, lots of rumors, not much meat on that sandy.

me thinks he's just tired of chara not giving him the time of day, so he comes out with this nonsense. i mean, i'm sure he knows a lot more than aaron ward does, a teammate who sat a few stalls away from Z in the locker room for quite a while :laugh: (and ward was never a guy to mince words, either). i bet little jimmy sent ward a direct message with apologies, hoping that he'll "still tune in to my show".

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
Originally Posted by doubleminor138
Credibility? Please!

Originally Posted by VeddarRants
Murphy has ZERO credibility.

Two points (well, one's a question) and then I'm done:
1) In the end I said "there is no factual evidence I've seen one way or the other" so it's not like I think Murph has anything concrete to offer in this regard;
2) You would take the word of your average poster on this board over Murph? I guess I would add more credence to Murph over your run-of-the-mill poster. Not blindly, mind you, but having to make a hard choice I would probably lean toward Murph.

Last thing: this wasn't about who makes the better captain; it was about whether there was a clause in Chara's contract that stipulated he would be the captain of the team if he signed with the team.

Daniel Plainview

Jan 8, 2012
Dracut MA
This is pretty hilarious, the way he acts out what he's saying with such animation.....then.....completely calm and unassuming

Last edited:

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
2) You would take the word of your average poster on this board over Murph? I guess I would add more credence to Murph over your run-of-the-mill poster. Not blindly, mind you, but having to make a hard choice I would probably lean toward Murph.

i'd say there's a ton of posters where the answer would be yes. jimmy would beat out guys like lucic train though ;)

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Watching highlights from last night on the pregame show...

it's still hard to believe that happened.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Just watched the tape of Jack describing the Bergy goal....talk about a person who loves his job

Was at the game last night and Jack's call captured the insanity of the comeback. I've been going to games for thirty years and have seen better played games but have never, ever been in a crowd like that. It was, and also will be special.

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
Just watched the tape of Jack describing the Bergy goal....talk about a person who loves his job

Was at the game last night and Jack's call captured the insanity of the comeback. I've been going to games for thirty years and have seen better played games but have never, ever been in a crowd like that. It was, and also will be special.

Kate posted that the intermission between the 3rd and OT was a constant sing-a-long. I can totally see that. My energy level was through the roof and I was sitting on my couch.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Kate posted that the intermission between the 3rd and OT was a constant sing-a-long. I can totally see that. My energy level was through the roof and I was sitting on my couch.

Fact. Started with Don't Stop Belivin and ended with Baba O'Reily. I really wish they showed it on TV, it was electrifying.

It rivaled even the most drunk of college bar sing-alongs I've been involved with...and there have been quite a few.

(shocking, I know)

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Watching highlights from last night on the pregame show...

it's still hard to believe that happened.

Yes, it's still hard to believe what happened last night.
The last few years have been quite a roller coaster ride for Bruins fans, both good and bad, happy and sad.
Mama always said "the Bruins are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get".

Last edited:

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
26:38 of Dafoomie's recap.

Mrs. 17 looking good post pregnancy

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Two points (well, one's a question) and then I'm done:

A poster I trust? yes, I would over Murph. Easy.

Jonathan17

Trollface!
Nov 19, 2005
Oakville
The guy from Elias Sports Bureau was on Bob McCown. We all know that the B's are the first team ever to come back from 3 down in the third period of a Game 7, but he had some other stats about how improbable the B's comeback was. I'll try to get all the stats right. They went back through every playoff game ever played and before Horton scored, the Leafs had a 97.4% chance of winning (up by 3 with a little over 10 minutes left. Just before Lucic scored, the Leafs had a 99.99% chance of winning because no team had ever come back from a 2-goal deficit with less than 84 seconds left in the game. After Lucic scored, the Leafs still had a 95% chance of holding on to win (statistically speaking).

And Bergie is the first player in the history of the NHL to score a tying goal in the last minute of a Game 7 and the overtime winner. Rick MacLeish scored in the last minute and overtime in a 1977 game against the Leafs :)laugh:) but that one was in Game 3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad