GDT: Part 2: ADSF Game 2: McCartney Edition: Boston Bruins vs. Detroit Red Wings, 20 April

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
What is a "flat brim?":help:

I would imagine people who resemble this person.

straight-brim-hat-white-guy.jpg

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
i agree.
mez is alot slower, but he trumps bart in hockey iq and experience by a mile.

In the last 5 years, Mez has 12 playoff games played, Bart 7, and Bart was very good last year with no experience.

Given Boychuk's lack of mobility, I would prefer to see Bart with JB. If you asked Philly fans about Mez's hockey IQ, you might get a different opinion.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
In the last 5 years, Mez has 12 playoff games played, Bart 7, and Bart was very good last year with no experience.

Given Boychuk's lack of mobility, I would prefer to see Bart with JB. If you asked Philly fans about Mez's hockey IQ, you might get a different opinion.

i personally feel better with mez in there. Then again, that could all change in a game.
i just worry with bart in there, just watching bart play, he's a really good skater, but it seems that he doesnt know much about the game. i feel they could call him for a penalty every shift. Plus i dont like how he rims the puck arounds all the time without looking. he panics alot with the puck in the defensive zone.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Bolts fan coming in peace.

I did not like you guys, at all. My hatred of the Bruins is nothing compared to the inner rage I have against MTL now.

I hope you guys grind them to ****ing dust.

That is all.

Enemy of my enemy is my friend.

All it takes is a series with the Habs to realize just how much you hate them.

Most entitled team in the league and the refs are in their pockets (i think the Refs in Bell center are too scared to actually call the game they see and they call the fan boos).

Thanks for the well wishes-Bruins have to get through Detroit first.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

Smith looks like he wanted to get out of there ASAP. The smile on Chara's face would have made me pee my pants if I was Smith. Needs a nice yellow puddle.

Ref to the rescue. I still don't think Smith wanted to fight Chara-I think his goal was to goad Chara into taking a penalty.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

I`m with you, I`ll always take the quicker, more mobile d-man unless he`s a train wreck and Bart isn`t that.

He has taken, IMO, far too much abuse from fans here this year. What he was asked to do, and how he has reacted with TOI has been great

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
This game was one of those exceptionally rare games we don`t see often where Detroit is lured into the game that their opponent wants to play and I doubt we`ll see it again.

The Wings played a very good 2nd period, were the better team in that period, and I expect things to be this way throughout the series, they aren`t a team who will let an opponent own them for a full 60.

The biggest concern is being on the PK so often, and it isn`t because I have concerns about the B`s PK, it`s the fact it completely takes any of the fluidity that I find our troops play best under, when all 4 lines are getting opportunities to stay in the game.

Just as I didn`t get too hysterical and in full blown panic mode after a game 1 loss, nor will I make any exclamations of this one being over after game 2, it`s going to be what most of us thought it would be, a 6, maybe 7 gamer

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Almost have to give kudos to Brendan Smith actually.. I think he was willing to take a massive beating in order to get Chara off the ice for 5 minutes. I think Chara realized the same thing at the last moment and decided against it

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour

I understand your point about Mez vs. Bart, but you just used "IQ" and "Philly fans" in the same sentence.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Almost have to give kudos to Brendan Smith actually.. I think he was willing to take a massive beating in order to get Chara off the ice for 5 minutes. I think Chara realized the same thing at the last moment and decided against it

He caught heat for almost the entire game. I was wondering why they seemed to target him and today it hit me, that maybe he was the only guy leaving himself open for the abuse. There's a reason guys like Abdelkader, Datsyuk and Helm rarely get rocked...they're too quick and shifty.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

willing woulda been his mitts on the ice and him actually grabbing Z (for about a second til Z treated him like a rag doll)....not getting in his face, then continually backing up

Hey, who can blame him:laugh:

Uli Kunkel

Feb 8, 2014
He caught heat for almost the entire game. I was wondering why they seemed to target him and today it hit me, that maybe he was the only guy leaving himself open for the abuse. There's a reason guys like Abdelkader, Datsyuk and Helm rarely get rocked...they're too quick and shifty.

Smith might as well have been batting cleanup in Walpole's cell block D yesterday.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Bolts fan coming in peace.

I did not like you guys, at all. My hatred of the Bruins is nothing compared to the inner rage I have against MTL now.

I hope you guys grind them to ****ing dust.

That is all.

Enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Nothing like playing those swine in the playoffs to discover what a bunch of d-bags they truly are is there?

Welcome to the dark side- have a cookie!!! :yo:

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

willing woulda been his mitts on the ice and him actually grabbing Z (for about a second til Z treated him like a rag doll)....not getting in his face, then continually backing up

Hey, who can blame him:laugh:

I love the part where he's like, "hey Chara, you gonna drop that stick?" {stalling, stalling} Cause Chara's stickwork was what was going to do him in.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
No need to make defensive changes now that Miller is back. Bruins have given up 2 goals with Mez in there.
No changes needed now!

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Curious what they do with Florek if Kelly comes back and Florek is playing well. The kid had 3 shots yesterday, and there's no way I'm taking out someone getting rubber to the net.

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
Couple of pieces that stood out to me yesterday that they need to continue to employ.

1) keep getting a man to the net. It serves to throw off Howard, and it pulls in Detroit players off Bruins.

2) the physical play, and not simply to "get Detroit to play our game." Simply shoving back at the blue line clogs them down and forces the turnovers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad