Confirmed with Link: Pardy and Cracknell Claimed Off Waivers

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Pardy must be that test drive.
As for Cracknell, nuck fans reacting the same like they did with Kassian. He could be a player here (we'll see)

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

My posts are now colored with Maroon infusion.

With a side dish of spicy Kass, and hopefully some leftover Gryba.

Not sure about Pardy and Cracknell but I like how the above players will mesh here and make this a very different lineup.

Ducks are foolish to give up Maroon. What are they thinking?

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Of course there's a wrong time. This is that time. Wins/losses have no effect on how the Oil play the next season. History tells us that...over and over.

What history? Gagner's rookie season? Ever since then, the Oilers have been a mess to close out seasons. I think they were decent down the stretch of one of Renney's seasons.

I want to enjoy Oilers hockey down the stretch. I'm shocked that any Oiler fans care about tanking at this point.
Playing competitive hockey down the stretch is more important for the psyche of the team and also make this a more attractive destination. I couldn't care less if they better their chances for Matthews.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
These moves won't change a whole lot but it's nice to push players further down the lineup that should be playing lower (Nurse)

Honestly I don't think this pushes Nurse down the lineup, but rather gets a new partner for him in Pardy over Clendenning.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Honestly I don't think this pushes Nurse down the lineup, but rather gets a new partner for him in Pardy over Clendenning.
Pardy isn't great but he is a vet Nurse could learn from

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
What history? Gagner's rookie season? Ever since then, the Oilers have been a mess to close out seasons. I think they were decent down the stretch of one of Renney's seasons.

I want to enjoy Oilers hockey down the stretch. I'm shocked that any Oiler fans care about tanking at this point.
Playing competitive hockey down the stretch is more important for the psyche of the team and also make this a more attractive destination. I couldn't care less if they better their chances for Matthews.

He's probably referring to last year, when people thought the RNH/Eberle/Pouliot line was actually good. There was also Eakin's first year, where people held out hope that Mact/Eakins weren't sh** after Scrivens went on a short run and the team tread water for a bit over the final two months.

Not that it matters if the Oilers go on misleading stretch of wins in a bunch of meaningless games anymore. Chia isn't an idiot that is going to decide that the roster can compete based on mirages like his predecessors used to.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Good safe move by the Oilers to snag Pardy.
He's UFA so no pressure for next year.
(He could be signed as a cheap depth option)

Aside from the BELOVED "Pardy Dangle" which will bring you out of your seat this guy is pretty decent. His Dangle and follow up wrap around in Game 2 of the Ducks series last year was legendary.

One thing to note is that generally the Jets PK (which sucks!) was always better when he played. His stats showed that he should have played more than he did.

I hope he gets a chance to play some games for you this year.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
So we've added Kassian... Maroon... Pardy... Cracknell... these guys average 6'3 and 230 pounds. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see Chiarelli's thought process here.

Well considering every interview he has is about getting heavier and playing a heavy game even when nobody asks him about it.... I think we will see a bunch of our softer players being moved out this off season.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Well considering every interview he has is about getting heavier and playing a heavy game even when nobody asks him about it.... I think we will see a bunch of our softer players being moved out this off season.
Why? Maybe the idea is to keep as many of the soft flashy guys (who actually know how to score) as you can, and surround them with cheaper, bigger, more physical players.

If Chiarelli picks the right guys to fill in the roster, and the team has some luck with player development for once, they may be able to get away with only trading one of their so called skill players.

If Kassian and Maroon work out do we really need to add anything else important up front? And even if only one works out, the team still takes a giant step forward at a very low cost. Shrewd work by Chiarelli to grab these two guys up for pennies on the dollar.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Wow - wonder what Vancouver was thinking waiving Cracknell. Sounds like they could have gotten a draft pick for him, if even a late rounder. Literally the first team that has a chance to pick him up does. Wonder how many other teams would have also claimed.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Wow - wonder what Vancouver was thinking waiving Cracknell. Sounds like they could have gotten a draft pick for him, if even a late rounder. Literally the first team that has a chance to pick him up does. Wonder how many other teams would have also claimed.
Benning,:laugh:

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

Tried to slide him thru on waivers to make him AHL eligible while other teams were focused on TDL. I dont think they wanted to lose him via trade or on waivers, it was them trying to sneak him thru

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Benning decided he didn't want any puny 3rd or later picks. :laugh:

Seriously, he had, what, 7 UFA's and didn't move any of them?

Chia found a taker for a goalie that hadn't completed a start since December FFS.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

Chia found a taker for a goalie that hadn't completed a start since December FFS.

And found a taker for a minor league D who couldnt crack the Oilers roster and has been in KHL for 2 years

Edmonton isnt in full sell mode like Vancouver was with 6 ufas and still got 2 5ths, 2 3rds, prospect. Vancouver lost a 5th and gained nothing

Edmonton isnt in buy mode either for playoffs (maybe Vancouver was going for this) and still acquired a better player than Vancouver did

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
And it was Benning :laugh:

Chiarelli should have Bennings number on speed dial now for the future :laugh:

"Jordan Osterle for a 2nd?!? sold! that guy scored the game winner in WJC a few years back"

Although I think the worst thing for Canuck fans is that it doesnt even look like Benning is the worst one. Bob Mac is know saying owners were nixing some deals at TDL. Thats the worst possible outcome because atleast Gillis can be dealt. Those owners will be there for years to come. I also heard reports that it was owners who dictated the Luongo/Schnieder deals and wouldnt let managment rebuild (and wont let them). Thats horrific to hear for them. Every GM that will brought in will be a puppet

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005

It isn't a better chance at Matthews that would concern me at all... it is the devaluation of a pick that we could use to land a Dman.

If we remain status quo, we can use the pick OR Nuge/Ebs/Yak to shore up our D. If we use the latter, we'll have an NHL ready forward in Laine/Pulju to replace them.

If we go on a tear, we'll have some good feelings... not sure how tangible that will be come next Nov when we have our first "panic" losing streak. There has been so much losing/fragility in this squad that I think it is inevitable that we'll play below our potential for at least another 20-30 games AFTER we re-mold our D.... not saying we won't get better, just saying that we'll be jittery for a while. Not sure a few extra wins above .500 in this next stretch will change that.

So... if the pick rises to 5th-10th, we're far less likely to trade it for a decent D. We're also far less likely to get an immediate NHL player with the pick. That means we must trade one of the forwards and we'll get only a D in return (not a D + Laine/Puljo, or a D + retain Nuge/Ebs/Yak)

Pressure

Real Talk
Aug 11, 2005
Edmonton
I had great first impressions from both players.

Adam Pardy was great along the boards and able to push guys off pucks. Does he have a mean streak? because he certainly didn't do the Justin Schultz skate away head down move. A few really nice outlet passes after making a move too. We may have something here.

Cracknell- Very strong. He was cycling the puck and looked to have some chemistry with Lander. I liked it. Hard working too. Exactly what the Oilers need full time.

Let's hope they don't fall of a cliff after these expectations from their debut.

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013

Wow, that's some perspective, I didn't realize Vancouver had so many UFA. They done messed up.:laugh:

204*

Adam Pardy was great along the boards and able to push guys off pucks. Does he have a mean streak? because he certainly didn't do the Justin Schultz skate away head down move. A few really nice outlet passes after making a move too. We may have something here.

yes he does have a mean streak and hes a big guy he was great in winnipeg little to slow and will get beat here and there but a fun player to watch and a great guy. we called him pardy orr hopefully u see why soon !

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

Cracknell- Very strong. He was cycling the puck and looked to have some chemistry with Lander. I liked it. Hard working too. Exactly what the Oilers need full time.

Let's hope they don't fall of a cliff after these expectations from their debut.

I liked Pardy a lot but Cracknell smelled an awful lot like stale lunchbucket to me. Iv'e seen so many Klinkhammer lunkheads here I'm not a fan of this player. never liked Cracknell. Don't think he will be here long. Remainder of the season. Pardy and Maroon are keepers to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad