Confirmed with Link: Pardy and Cracknell Claimed Off Waivers

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
no i think you want to add players you can stew in the minors guys that will develop for 3 years.

"babying"=top draft picks who have proved themselves among their peers and decide to make the jump straight from junior/overseas.

I'd rather sign veterans.

Sure but it would have to be some veteran to make up for the loss of Mathews.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Sure but it would have to be some veteran to make up for the loss of Mathews.

Probably not. We should not be tanking anymore.

We have a very young team loaded with talent....now the team needs to be insulated and better equipped to beat bigger stronger teams.

Topkatz

Jul 23, 2010
Liking these pickups! Hardworking cheap character guys that this team needs more of.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Hendrix up with CMD and Ebs didn't really work. Maybe they put Yak on the left but might try Cracknell up there. Cracknell - CMD - Ebs

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Have a feeling Cracknell will earn a spot on this team. Seems like a Chia type player.

for next year?
This year he has to do nothing and hes got a spot..
Purcell, Pouliot out... Khaira sent down.

He might even be in our top 6 rest of the season.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Cracknell could make some expensive depth guys become expendable if he plays well enough on the 4th line. Ideally your 4th line runs you around 4M. He could also be waived again next week. Good to try him out

Pardy is the better player to me, but probably simply here for vet support and will spend time as 7th D. IMO probably better than Nurse right now, so send Nurse to AHL to settle him down and runw ith Pardy

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Good pickups. Schultz and Purcell out. Pardy, Cracknell and two 3rds in. Looks good to me.

Cracknell seems to be a player according to my nucks buddy, him and Hendo on a line sounds nice. Or we can have Cracknell, Hendo and Kassian spread out across three lines adding some physicality.

Pardy is a big dude, and if anything adds some toughness to this team which is always good. We got tougher, and hopefully added some workers.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
Canucks fans seem to be pissed at losing Cracknell. Pardy always seems to have been decent whenever we've played against him.

Not too bad at least for two warm bodies to finish the season.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
You guys are going to love Cracknell. Great mentor and a very effective, cheap 4th liner. Class act. He'll be hanging out with the kids.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Heard Pardy on TSN radio. Seemed pumped to be picked up by Oilers. Said he prefers playing right side. Was nice to hear his enthusiasm.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Good that he plays right side. Him and Gryba can battle it out. Winner gets a contract

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
You guys are going to love Cracknell. Great mentor and a very effective, cheap 4th liner. Class act. He'll be hanging out with the kids.

Sounds a bit like Stortini... A pain to deal with on the ice, but a lovable ambassador off the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad