Value of: Parayko

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
Biggest issue for the Oilers defence was/is the right side, and the fact that neither Barrie's nor Bouchard's pairings could be counted on for any form of defensive minutes. Last year Bouchard did take on some defensive responsibility, but he benefited from playing with a steady partner in Keith; this year he was paired with the corpse of Ryan Murray or a rookie in Niemo or Broberg, and the results were less than ideal.

Though he's played his best hockey since New Years, but that's because the Oil went back to using 7 defenceman, with Vinny Desharnais basically eating all of Barrie and Bouchard's defensive minutes. (and he's done an outstanding job with that role.)

I'd say both Broberg and Boucahrd are highly valued, Broberg may have the inside track at the moment, but it's close.

This is basically what the Oilers need. Someone that they can staple to Nurse and have it as a legit all-situations top pairing.

I'd be loath to include Bouchard in this deal, as Parayko doesn't replace his offence, but I'd have no issue offering up something similar to the proposal Karlsson deals: Barrie and one of Pulju/Foegele/Yams for cap and then the equivalent to 2 or 3 firsts in , Schaefer or 1st round picks. Maybe mix in Ceci if you want someone that can sort of fit Parayko's minutes?
I think 1st 2023, bouchard petrov Bourgault
Plus cap dump to equal money for
Parayko and barbashev

I think that's fair. It also gives you a lnother center/ winger who can move up to any line and play any role

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Parayko and barbashev

I think that's fair. It also gives you a lnother center/ winger who can move up to any line and play any role
I think Lavoie will need to be in the deal if you want Barbashev. Otherwise make it Acciari and bourgault

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Parayko and barbashev

Value in a vacuum ain't bad, though high (I'll guess that you'd want a 1st and Petrov for Barbashev).

I can't see the Oil having interest in Barbashev; Not that he's bad, but they already too many forwards as is. If he was a RHS shot it might be a different story. On that note, I can't see them giving up the top 3 most valuable U25 RHS within the organisation.

If you're targeting Bouchard, I doubt you'll see the Oil give up another highly valued young player. Even if he had a rocky start to the year (which has turned around since the start of 2023), they're still going to value him as the guy with great pedigree, that put up 43 points as a 22 year old without a ton of PP time, and played top 4 min on a team that went to the WCF.

Last edited:
Reactions: TFHockey

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Well, I do watch him, and the criticism he receives is still ridiculous. It's almost like playing more minutes in more difficult situations will result in more total bad observations, but his bad observations are still occur at a lower rate than others on the team.

Faulk doesn't get anywhere near the same type of criticism as Parayko, yet he gives up significantly more high danger chances per 60, and this season, he doesn't have the offensive production to justify the poor numbers.
Faulk sucks too. Trade either one of em and draft Reinbacher lol

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Parayko and barbashev

I don't see how to square this one.

We don't really have any dumps sufficient to get us to $6.5M in salary-in. We can dump Pulju, even Foegele, plus Bouchard... that gets us to about $6.7M, but we need to replace both of Pulju & Foegele in the lineup at league minimum... that would put us about $1.5M over the cap with no-one else to shed.

The rumored Karlson deal has Pulju ($3M) + Barrie ($4.5M) out the door and salary retained by SJ. Here we can't really afford to get rid of Barrie (unless he comes to you) since he is our PP QB and our backup is Bouchard, so it just doesn't work.

Broberg is untouchable to Holland.

So unless you are happy with Barrie (who you'd trade for a 2nd next TDL) + Pulju + a bunch of great futures (Bourgault, First, Petrov, Savoie), I just can't see how we'd make it happen.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
So, I guess the Blues have decided they are rebuilding then. Seems to be the case given all of the rumours about some their players. Don't follow the Blues situation super closely, hence this is both a question and a summary I guess.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I really don't see the Blues trading Parayko any time soon. If they were looking to move him, I would hope Seattle would be in on it.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
I really don't see the Blues trading Parayko any time soon. If they were looking to move him, I would hope Seattle would be in on it.

I don't expect Parayko to be traded, but if he is, Seattle would be a nice tradingpartner I guess. You have more than enough prospect depth and picks to make it interesting.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
We could really use a good defensive RD.

I really haven't got a clue what Parayko's value is at the moment, but I'd guess the Blues want at least a 1st and a good prospect to be part of the deal. I wouldn't be surprised if the Blues tried to have one of Goyette, Evans or (preferably) Nyman to be included in the deal.

Reactions: PerryTurnbullfan

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Look I am only going based on rumors. It's nice to think of building a new young team. Getting bouchard petrov and bourgoult plus a 1st. Would be amazing for blues

I'm just messing with you. Sure it would be nice but I don't think it's very likely.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Yeah I don't think it is. I am still in the mindset that we are getting one more 2023 1st and possibly a 2023 2nd . From barbs and ror
Trade away a few bad long term contracts while you are at it…haha. Shake it up like a good mixed drink.

Lavoie rather than bourgault though….

Punchs Fedora

Nov 10, 2022
If u expect Parayko to be your #3-4, excel defensively and kill penalties. You’re going to be a happy buyer. If you expect Parayko to come in and be an all situations #1-2? You’re going to be frustrated
If there is gas left in the tank, he may be a good solution for the Sabres

Reactions: Blueston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad