Value of: Parayko

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
I would think the market will be relatively strong for Parayko. The long deal has kept the AAV pretty reasonable ($6.5M) and teams will value that. I haven't watched him closely enough recently to pin down his actual value, but sterling reputation and pedigree will count for a lot. How much responsibility he should bear for the team's struggles this year is going to be tough to gauge, I think.

Reactions: Blueston

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Doesn't really work for the Leafs, at least, right now at the deadline. It would be something around Rielly (no thanks) or Tavares and futures (who won't waive his NMC). A totally insane suggestion would be something around Marner, Holl, Murray for Kyrou, Parayko, Binnington, with maybe other pieces in there too.

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
Doesn't really work for the Leafs, at least, right now at the deadline. It would be something around Rielly (no thanks) or Tavares and futures (who won't waive his NMC). A totally insane suggestion would be something around Marner, Holl, Murray for Kyrou, Parayko, Binnington, with maybe other pieces in there too.
N9 thanks on marner

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Absolutely love the player, but didn’t some Blues fans say they were nervous about the 8 year deal because Parayko has developed a back issue that may prove chronic? If his drop in play is tied to nagging back pain, that’s some scary term on that contract.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Edmonton should be interested.
1st in 2023, 2nd in another year or equivalent prospect, Cody Ceci, Blues choice of Foegele or Yamamoto. Both Ceci and Yamamoto can be flipped for more picks if needed. Foegele may not be able to be flipped.

Reactions: InTheBox

jjniner

Feb 28, 2016
Edmonton must return Broberg in any deal to move the needle for the Blues.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
If u expect Parayko to be your #3-4, excel defensively and kill penalties. You’re going to be a happy buyer. If you expect Parayko to come in and be an all situations #1-2? You’re going to be frustrated

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If u expect Parayko to be your #3-4, excel defensively and kill penalties. You’re going to be a happy buyer. If you expect Parayko to come in and be an all situations #1-2? You’re going to be frustrated
He can still be the #2 that handles all the tough defensive minutes.

Absolutely love the player, but didn’t some Blues fans say they were nervous about the 8 year deal because Parayko has developed a back issue that may prove chronic? If his drop in play is tied to nagging back pain, that’s some scary term on that contract.
He had a back injury, but none of us know what extent or if it's one that can be chronic.

Reactions: PocketNines

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
The term on his contract is a little scary with back issues, but (if it’s not something doctors expect to be an ongoing issue) he’d be a great fit for Buffalo, I think.

Samuelsson-Dahlin
Power-Parayko

^^looks like a pretty darn good top 4.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yeah he isnt coming cheap....Defenders like him almost never come onto the market

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Parayko is the classic "everyone remembers who he was, forgets who he is" player that GMs think yeah, he's been bad for a while, but I can bring him in here and he'll get back to that high level when in fact WYSIWYG and he's not getting any better, and those GMs eventually lose their jobs and people remember the disastrous trade that netted him. If you remember him from 3-4 years ago and think that's what I'll get take 3-5 games to watch him - or better yet, go watch some Blues games from this season - and realize how he's been playing, and then think about the likelihood that he plays like that for the next 7 years raking in $6.5M per. Then ask yourself what you want to pay for that, and whether you really want to pay a premium for that.

Maybe he slides into that #2 role again because someone else is carrying the attention and he can fly under the radar and go back to what he was, but $6.5M for the next 7 years for a guy who could be a stellar #2 or could be a buyout candidate in 3-4 years because you'd rather play your 5/6 defensemen ahead of him is a high-risk, high-reward proposition.

All that said, if he's available someone is going to bid against themselves and overpay for him. The question is where that price lands and whether / how quickly regret sets in.

Reactions: Crossfire Hurricane

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
why would you keep leddy over parayko?
Because Parayko will bring a bigger return. Team needs to retool to the younger core.

The term on his contract is a little scary with back issues, but (if it’s not something doctors expect to be an ongoing issue) he’d be a great fit for Buffalo, I think.

Samuelsson-Dahlin
Power-Parayko

This is a spot that we've speculated about on the Blues board because of how good a fit we thought it was too. I'm hoping Thompson eventually leads you guys to a Cup, you guys have a really good foundation of a contender, hopefully you get there with a few more pieces.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008

Samuelsson-Dahlin
Power-Parayko

His back issue was 2 years ago. I think he’s fine now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad