Value of: Parayko to Philly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I’d have to agree. I saw a thread the other day calling Gritty generational, and meanwhile I’ve seen a million Parayko threads calling Parayko an overrated second pairing defenseman due to his some advanced stat that is supposed to measure strength of competition or whatever.

I’d imagine if we’re bringing in Gritty, Louie would have to go the other way though.
Actual advanced stats folk recognize Parayko as being really damn good.

Last edited by a moderator:

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Along with some Ted's custard.
Next he'll want a Christmas tree from Ted's lot as a throw in.

119483e6ba9ee91f7656260277a6a5e6.gif

Reactions: stl76 and Starat327

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Actual advanced stats folk recognize Parayko as being really damn good.
It’s mostly Toronto fans like @zeke who are hyper focused on 5v5TOI%QoC and ignore all other evidence to the contrary in order insist on labeling Parayko a 2nd paring dman. As you say, anyone with half a brain can see Parayko is an excellent dman.

FWIW last time I checked Parayko’s 5v5TOI%QoC is top 30 league wide this year. And as I’m sure you know all his other advanced stats are sterling.

With Pietrangelo out, Parayko has been playing top pairing and doing an excellent job so far - so eye test confirms the advanced stats IMO.

Next he'll want a Christmas tree from Ted's lot as a throw in.

119483e6ba9ee91f7656260277a6a5e6.gif
OMG I have some really great childhood memories of picking out trees from the Ted Drewes tree lot. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
It’s mostly Toronto fans like @zeke who are hyper focused on 5v5TOI%QoC and ignore all other evidence to the contrary in order insist on labeling Parayko a 2nd paring dman. As you say, anyone with half a brain can see Parayko is an excellent dman.

FWIW last time I checked Parayko’s 5v5TOI%QoC is top 30 league wide this year. And as I’m sure you know all his other advanced stats are sterling.

With Pietrangelo out, Parayko has been playing top pairing and doing an excellent job so far - so eye test confirms the advanced stats IMO.

OMG I have some really great childhood memories of picking out trees from the Ted Drewes tree lot. :laugh:
Yeah imo only real flaw with Parayko is his average ish offense. His defense is amazing and anyone with a brain cell can see that.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Yeah imo only real flaw with Parayko is his average ish offense. His defense is amazing and anyone with a brain cell can see that.
I'll take a defenseman who is amazing in his own end and can chip in on offense occasionally every single time. Scoring is why we have forwards. Well, scoring is why every other team has forwards. For the Blues, I am not so sure of that.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I'll take a defenseman who is amazing in his own end and can chip in on offense occasionally every single time. Scoring is why we have forwards. Well, scoring is why every other team has forwards. For the Blues, I am not so sure of that.
For sure, I think Parayko is a top 20 dman league wide. He just could become top 10 if he improves his offense. He doesn’t have to though he’s already awesome.

Reactions: 67Blues

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Yeah, the Blues and Flyers don't need shakeup trades lol.

6-0 and 6-1.
Blues need a coaching/staff change. Removing Yeo and keeping the rest of the staff, of whom the defensive coach is in his first year, and Ott is in his second is absolutely a recipe for continuing the disaster that is the Blues team. Get a new coach and staff and then they can address which players will be here next year. Expecting anything different than Yeo hockey is setting you up for disappointment.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Blues need a coaching/staff change. Removing Yeo and keeping the rest of the staff, of whom the defensive coach is in his first year, and Ott is in his second is absolutely a recipe for continuing the disaster that is the Blues team. Get a new coach and staff and then they can address which players will be here next year. Expecting anything different than Yeo hockey is setting you up for disappointment.

I'm a Flyers fan and I can relate. However, I think blaming just the coach is naive, just as it is with the Flyers. We all can't stand Hakstol either, but at what point do the players need to be held accountable?

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
I'm a Flyers fan and I can relate. However, I think blaming just the coach is naive, just as it is with the Flyers. We all can't stand Hakstol either, but at what point do the players need to be held accountable?
Yeo decided to go back and employ a defensive scheme that hasn't worked since the late 90s. The players are confused, miss assignments, and are generally playing as individuals in his scheme and it shows. When they play as a team, they play better, but then if they make a mistake, Berube benches them or sends them to the press box. This team is so mentally fragile, they have lost the game before the drop of the puck. There is zero confidence on this team and it shows. One goal down and the entire bench slumps down and rolls over.

Reactions: Economist

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Yeo decided to go back and employ a defensive scheme that hasn't worked since the late 90s. The players are confused, miss assignments, and are generally playing as individuals in his scheme and it shows. When they play as a team, they play better, but then if they make a mistake, Berube benches them or sends them to the press box. This team is so mentally fragile, they have lost the game before the drop of the puck. There is zero confidence on this team and it shows. One goal down and the entire bench slumps down and rolls over.

It sounds like the blues, and not the Kings, are flyers west now.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Yeah I agree butvtrading your best players for spare parts or a bunch of lesser players is asinine. Not saying you are making those offers but that's what the majority of offers people are asking for. It's getting tiresome. Blues are not trading parayko or petro. Unless an offer that can't be turned down.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
so what would it take? Is he available?
Seriously, go read any one of the 18 threads created by leafs fans in the past 2 weeks trying to trade for him.

Safe to say he is unavailable for anything leafs fans are willing to give up.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Yeah I agree butvtrading your best players for spare parts or a bunch of lesser players is asinine. Not saying you are making those offers but that's what the majority of offers people are asking for. It's getting tiresome. Blues are not trading parayko or petro. Unless an offer that can't be turned down.

Voracek and Gostisbehere are spare parts? :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad