Value of: Parayko to DAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Dallas is NOT trying to dump Seguin. They want to build around him. Not sure who the fan of the OP is but this is a waste of a thread. You have dumb St Louis fans who think Parayko is worth Seguin and Heiskanen. Which is strange because Parayko is the least valued of the three.

I think it’s more or less a response to the question what gets it done. We are in a playoff spot now we aren’t dumping assets. We don’t need any depth (Dallas should work on keeping any depth that they have that is producing), what else is there that would actually get someone to even consider trading a guy who has been our best player outside of ROR this season. And also maybe outside of Tarasenko the past 5-10 games.

Reactions: blues hillbilly

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
lindees94

lindees94

parayco93

parayco93
so glad you replied to my post with a bunch of graphs on top of one another

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I think Parayko is overvalued in this thread.
Why because he is intregal to the blues current situation and can not be replaced. We have plenty of offense. If we lose parayko our defense goes to sheet. Seguin is nice but in no way a need. We are better off with what we have.

Last edited:
Reactions: simon IC

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I mean you’re entitled to your own opinion. But I strongly suggest you get an extended view on Parayko over the last month or two. He has been fantastic

I like Parayko a lot. I took him in the first round of my fantasy hockey draft (it's a deep league, we keep 15 players, nobody cares blah blah blah). I'm also quite vocal on HFStars about parts of Lindell's game that I don't like.

It's close call between Parayko and Lindell but the only difference is- I'm not going around asking for the equivalent of Tyler Seguin for Lindell.

I think he is, but regardless they'd make a pretty darn good shutdown pair together.

I can definitely agree with this

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I like Parayko a lot. I took him in the first round of my fantasy hockey draft (it's a deep league, we keep 15 players, nobody cares blah blah blah). I'm also quite vocal on HFStars about parts of Lindell's game that I don't like.

It's close call between Parayko and Lindell but the only difference is- I'm not going around asking for the equivalent of Tyler Seguin for Lindell.

I can definitely agree with this
Beings as the Stars are looking for help up front, curious what Stars fans think it would take to deal Lindell? He is probably the most valuable player y'all have I'd think that isn't clearly untouchable.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Dallas is 2nd best in goals against and 29th best in goals for and they have defensemen that can generate offense so why exactly would they be going after Parayko?

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Eh.... should of went for “Down year tarasenko” .I realize I added no substance to this thread. Appologies
Yeah we got that one too.. a lot. Funny thing is though, he has been on fire last 15 20 games now that he is healed. 4 goals in two games which is exactly why we won both against preds.

blues hillbilly

Nov 28, 2018
Wtf is going on here. Why does Dallas want/need to move Seguin? They have something like 18M in cap space this offseason with the majority of the team already signed.

Not sure why it's hard for people to look and see Dallas as one of the top defensive teams, but worst offensively

So yeah trade your top scorer...

I don't know who or why Seguin was offered and discussed. Ask them. The only reason that would make sense is a dump. And brought out the fact the Stars had extended him.

Concerning the cap statement, I qualified it with depending on what they do. The Stars have been tied to some big names such as breadman. I see the Stars have quite a few FAs to resign so $18M will go quickly. Noticed one Stars fan in another thread say you could handle two big additions. That's fine and good.

But the Blues are not really in any shape to take on Seguin's contract and definitely not for Schenn and Colton.

Reactions: Colt55

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
which is the equivalent of someone looking at a math problem and being upset because it doesn't tell him anything.

sorry i dont have a 50" screen set up in portrait mode to waste my time and compare those ink blot charts to one another

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Actually if you look at the numbers slow the chart it's telling.
Now I'm supposed to ignore the ink blots? Each individual blot took up half my screen for no reason?

Tell me what you can conclude from these unadjusted numbers at the top of these ink blot charts when comparing two defensemen with wildly different zone start ratios.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Is Parayko as good as Seth Jones?
Parayko is a hell of a lot better than Jones was when he was traded. Currently, it’s a lot closer than people think, tho I doubt Parayko will ever have the same impact offensively.

I'm not convinced that Colton Parayko is better than Esa Lindell.
Lindell is great, super underrated. However, Parayko is a clear step above. Lindell just doesn’t have the physical tools and ability to skate the puck out of trouble and generate offense that Parayko does.

Reactions: blues hillbilly

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Now I'm supposed to ignore the ink blots? Each individual blot took up half my screen for no reason?

Tell me what you can conclude from these unadjusted numbers at the top of these ink blot charts when comparing two defensemen with wildly different zone start ratios.

Generally with those charts I think they are good at judging how a player stacks up compared to teammates. However, there is a lot more at play than just one individual when looking at a shot chart.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
sorry i dont have a 50" screen set up in portrait mode to waste my time and compare those ink blot charts to one another
You could just say " I dont understand the charts, help me out". I'm on a phone and they are just fine.

Reactions: Celtic Note

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes

A 4% difference in ZSR doesn't make up for the fact that Lindell allows far more dangerous shots when he's on the ice. The two aren't particularly close defensive zone. The nice part of the charts are that you don't even have to take the numbers into account, you can look at the dangerous areas on the ice and see a difference. But you can also be intentionally dense about it because you don't like what the information tells you, that's fine too.

Reactions: TK 421

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
You could just say " I dont understand the charts, help me out". I'm on a phone and they are just fine.
I understand the ink blots plenty fine and I was using my 13” laptop but if I need to go through the trouble to line them up side by side (i.e, spend more than 5 seconds) to compare the 2 players, im not going to do that.

4 charts on top of each other lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad