Proposal: Parayko for ROR

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
Hard no. Parayko just has too much value to us and to the rest of the league. If you deal him, it has to be for a slam dunk #1C and O'Reilly offensively isn't better than Schenn. Defensively, of course. But our need at 1C has very much been going back to Turgeon has been an offensive C. I don't buy into the offensive-biased mindset that seems rampant on boards like these and especially this board, but we've needed a franchise offensive 1C forever. Stastny was very good defensively and solid offensively. Backes was very good defensively and good offensively. I think ROR is better than Stastny, Backes, and by a little bit Schenn. But it seems like a desperate overpay to move Parayko for another 1A center. That we're gonna move a guy who could concievably get you about as much as some team's franchise player, and maybe (probably) STILL not get the one thing we want. Parayko and paying out 7.5 mil for a good while is a painfully steep price. Not the player or cost I would want. I totally understand Sabres fans wanting an overpay, but if they want an overpay I'd suggest calling Montreal.

Now Dunn and Kyrou, I'd do. Not preferable, but fair value and fills our need. Thomas, no. Thomas is too young, his upside is too high. Robbing Peter to pay Paul situation. We finally have a center to be excited about and we're gonna deal him for a guy that is steady and well-rounded. Ok.....

Very well said.

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
ROR is good but Parayko's value is quite a bit higher considering he could be the #1 RH D on many teams. If we're trading Parayko for a forward it would need to be someone with more value.

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
Now Dunn and Kyrou, I'd do. Not preferable, but fair value and fills our need. Thomas, no. Thomas is too young, his upside is too high. Robbing Peter to pay Paul situation. We finally have a center to be excited about and we're gonna deal him for a guy that is steady and well-rounded. Ok.....

Dunn showed potential of being better than Parayko....no way I'd trade him. Kyrou needs to get some NHL time as well before we consider trading him.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Hold on, not so fast. In what year?

2027. Naturally. :naughty:

I can't really speak about Dunn, as I've never seen him play. However, I have seen Kyrou and Thomas play plenty. And if I were Buffalo, I would ask for Thomas back. Offensively, Kyrou >> Thomas. Defensively, Thomas >> Kyrou. If I were a GM, I would want the player back that is closer to what ROR does, so Thomas would be my ask. Now, would Dunn + Thomas be an overpay? Possibly, but keep in mind that ROR will return roughly what he was acquired for. Zadorov + Grigorenko were highly thought of prospects at the time AND were both 1st round draft picks AND were NHL players. Buffalo even gave a 2nd, so asking for Dunn + one of Thomas and Kyrou is not some insane idea like Blues fans in here seem to think.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
2027. Naturally. :naughty:

I can't really speak about Dunn, as I've never seen him play. However, I have seen Kyrou and Thomas play plenty. And if I were Buffalo, I would ask for Thomas back. Offensively, Kyrou >> Thomas. Defensively, Thomas >> Kyrou. If I were a GM, I would want the player back that is closer to what ROR does, so Thomas would be my ask. Now, would Dunn + Thomas be an overpay? Possibly, but keep in mind that ROR will return roughly what he was acquired for. Zadorov + Grigorenko were highly thought of prospects at the time AND were both 1st round draft picks AND were NHL players. Buffalo even gave a 2nd, so asking for Dunn + one of Thomas and Kyrou is not some insane idea like Blues fans in here seem to think.

Thomas and Dunn are completely off the table. Kyrou, Parayko, Are going to take a vast overpayment to pry away. These four players drasitcally pay positions of need for blues and we can not part with them for someone who is = Schenn. I Like ror alot but i think we just need to stay the course and work with what we got thomas will be ready very soon. Kyrou will be ready very soon. Kostin is 19 and he will have agreat year. Binnington, Husso, Fitzpatrick all had great finishes to their years. Thompson and Blais are at the door with NHL experience. If we could get Steen, Bergy and Barbshev to step it up we could be ok. I just dont want to over pay for a guy. Just go all in on tavares if we get him we do if we dont then we dont.

Internettoughguy314

Oct 20, 2017
I'd include Kyrou in a deal but not Thomas or Dunn. They are too important to the Blues future to include them in a deal for ROR. Thomas could be this season's Barzal. Parayko is a big no too. Only a few young centers in the league I'd trade Parayko for.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Thomas and Dunn are completely off the table. Kyrou, Parayko, Are going to take a vast overpayment to pry away. These four players drasitcally pay positions of need for blues and we can not part with them for someone who is = Schenn. I Like ror alot but i think we just need to stay the course and work with what we got thomas will be ready very soon. Kyrou will be ready very soon. Kostin is 19 and he will have agreat year. Binnington, Husso, Fitzpatrick all had great finishes to their years. Thompson and Blais are at the door with NHL experience. If we could get Steen, Bergy and Barbshev to step it up we could be ok. I just dont want to over pay for a guy. Just go all in on tavares if we get him we do if we dont then we dont.

So basically, the pork chop that the Sabres would want back is off the table, but the fat from those pork chops is available in a trade for a steak. Got it.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
So basically, the pork chop that the Sabres would want back is off the table, but the fat from those pork chops is available in a trade for a steak. Got it.
Thomas was never ever on the table. If you thought that then I am sorry. As for dunn, he is our best young dman on the left side. Edmondson is currently better due to physicality and defense but I feel dunn will surpass him. After that we have gunner jaybo and they are hurt. Kyrou was ohl MVP PLAYER OF THE YEAR. He was scoring at 2ppg average. If parayko is getting traded its for a younger 1c. Those four just are not part of the conversation. Thompson, Kostin, Schamltz, Walman, 1st, Blais, are all good trading chips. I am sorry that you want the ones that are not available. Thats why i just think there is nothing to talk about anymore.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Dunn showed potential of being better than Parayko....no way I'd trade him. Kyrou needs to get some NHL time as well before we consider trading him.

I respectfully disagree about Dunn. And Kyrou has a high upside offensively, but the need at center outweighs the need at wing. Blues fans are getting a little hoard-y in these threads. If we're gonna get an answer at C, it is going to cost something unless Tavares comes here which is far from a lay-up. And as much as none of us want to admit it, the likelihood that all of our prospects reach their ceiling is minimal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad