Post-Game Talk: Parade status: Back On- Panthers 3, Sharks 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
As someone who usually is optimistic... I am not feeling good about this team atm.. it's not that we stink... It's just that we're kinda average in everyway besides work ethic imo.

The injuries seem insurmountable..

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
As someone who usually is optimistic... I am not feeling good about this team atm.. it's not that we stink... It's just that we're kinda average in everyway besides work ethic imo.

I feel like the scoring is going to explode once Benny is back, and the D has been good enough to survive. 3-3 is a positive start with 2-0 in the conference. We need to keep above water but I think it will be ok.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

Doing pretty well all things considered. $15mil worth of players injured (Benny, Monty and Ek), middle6 lines not scoring as much as expected, new guys still learning the ropes. Getting through the first 20-30 games with a .500win% would be a huge victory.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Only issue is special teams

Power Play should improve when Montour and Bennett comes back. More Montour than Bennett in that regard

Scoring 5 on 5 should improve with Bennett and Montour. Ekblad will contribute something

PK is hopeless. It's done. Put this shit to bed. Fire whoever ran it last year, this year, and next year

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006

I think we're in an ok position. Need to just keep winning the 'easy' ones like against the Sharks and be competitive against the rest. Expected us to be bubble playoffs by Christmas and we're still tracking to that.

Still say it's 50/50 if we make the playoffs, but if we do we'll be really competitive.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
chrome_5a0CxMzUY5.png

Montour decided to make a new Bennett without all the injuries. :laugh:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Not sure if posted. [In relation to Gad, Ek and Montour]

A new tone of verbage on injury front..

"Near future"....the future technically happens every second of every minute of every hour of every day is what I say down by the bay in the middle of May.

Still expecting Montour by late November and Ekblad just before or after Xmas break.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Mahura looks very ordinary right now, nothing special neither defensively nor offensively.
Mikkola with a great presence and evolution of the frist 6 games, a delight to see.
Bals patience and skill could make him lose his spot once Ek and Montour are back, big fan of his play and confidence.
Kuli goes from hero to zero within fractions of a second. But both Mahura and Kuli will most likely play over Bals since they have more experience and PoMo will trust them more. OEL, Bals and Kuli are all comfortable playing RD.

My preferred lineup when healthy:

Forsling - Ek
Mikkola - Montour
OEL - Balinskis/Mahura/Kulikov/ (Reilly?)

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Mahura looks very ordinary right now, nothing special neither defensively nor offensively.
Mikkola with a great presence and evolution of the frist 6 games, a delight to see.
Bals patience and skill could make him lose his spot once Ek and Montour are back, big fan of his play and confidence.
Kuli goes from hero to zero within fractions of a second. But both Mahura and Kuli will most likely play over Bals since they have more experience and PoMo will trust them more. OEL, Bals and Kuli are all comfortable playing RD.

Forsling - Ek
Mikkola - Montour

Kuli's fancy stats from last season were pretty awful (high % of high danger and rebound goals against) so I wasn't really surprised how bad he could be.

I have a feeling that OEL is decent for regular season duties but he might be a bit cooked for playoff hockey even though he shouldn't be as a 32yo.

Reactions: batting1k

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Kuli's fancy stats from last season were pretty awful (high % of high danger and rebound goals against) so I wasn't really surprised how bad he could be.

I have a feeling that OEL is decent for regular season duties but he might be a bit cooked for playoff hockey even though he shouldn't be as a 32yo.
Both should be ok on 3rd pairing duty, even with their shortcomings. But maybe Mahura and Balinskis will steal their spots when the physical play intensifies

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013

Forsling - Ek
Mikkola - Montour

Forsling - Ek
Mikkola - Montour
M. Staal - Kiselevich

• Haha
Reactions: austropanther
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad