OT: Parabola Memorial B.C. Lions Thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Not their cleanest game, but a wins a win especially against a good team and high powered offence. Good bounce back.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
If Jennings struggles to move the ball again next week, I would sit him down for a bit and let Lulay have a go. Jennings is really slow with his reads and still tends to lock in on his primary target. It's not the end of the world if he watches for a bit.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
If Jennings struggles to move the ball again next week, I would sit him down for a bit and let Lulay have a go. Jennings is really slow with his reads and still tends to lock in on his primary target. It's not the end of the world if he watches for a bit.

So much this. I've been waiting for Lulay the last couple of weeks. Jennings is clearly the future, but he's still learning. He's getting tunnel vision for Manny in such a bad way. You can see that decision-making process is still developing, and yeah.

Would be really, really cool with starting Lulay next game.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Looks decent...

Are the Lions receivers being covered well? Can't tell by TV....Jennings seems a bit tentative...
So we were sitting down at one end (as you can see from my pic), so at times it was tougher to tell when the action was down at the other end. I'd definitely say the Ottawa pass coverage was good (overall Ottawa probably looked the better of the two teams, though not by a huge margin) and you didn't see any Lion receivers wide open the way Ottawa got them from time to time.

That said, the Lions were just unable to make big plays. Jennings rarely had much time (O-line coverage sketchy in BC? Water is also wet), but even when he did have a moment or two, he seemed hellbent at waiting for someone to open up, and he would hold onto the ball, and give up sacks. I think he only threw the ball away once all game, and he never seemed to try to run for it when pressure mounted, which is a CFL quarterback staple.

So I don't know if receivers weren't getting open, or Jennings just wasn't finding them... but almost every completed pass seemed to be a screen (which was more or less working, to be fair), or a short dump-off underneath. Whereas Harris was capable of gunning it downfield from time to time for Ottawa and making a big play. I got the impression BC should have stuck to the ground game a little more, because it was looking pretty decent.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Also, here are some pictures. They let everyone down onto the field after the game which was neat (my first time on FieldTurf – the stuff in Ottawa is much faker-looking/feeling than I realized). A bunch of the players' mothers were there, and I was able to high-five a couple of Lions as well.

F7718E1E-DD2C-468E-8165-6A8960E23E66_zpsknrulufu.jpg

Play at the far end while there was still some light

AFB1CF33-9F2F-494E-86E8-50E8F88EC7F1_zps0m2shbkf.jpg

Shortly before BC's first touchdown

14E88328-4AC4-46F5-85C3-C2662E427FE5_zpsynh5uapr.jpg

Rainey heading in for the score

90D91140-6B1E-4E9A-9F79-92E7FD7BF0D7_zpsdsox1wbe.jpg

E4D6AFBC-6D9C-4CA4-A5B6-10FF8635BCCA_zpssr5fx1ze.jpg

Victory!

7A494D31-D66F-4C61-87BB-6C847687863B_zpsuflr6jtb.jpg

Fans take the field

51A70680-F906-4F18-B1FD-B0A63270A4A3_zpsszrmiiwl.jpg

Players' mothers (or so I assume) heading down

D1A4A9AD-28BB-4633-B254-A6142706B862_zps2a12q73m.jpg

On-field view

ECCB169C-2E4C-4209-B897-692CD13A76D9_zpsbgj1khb9.jpg

Adrian Clarke

C434232B-782D-45B1-8976-A5E087C2F826_zps5p9qmmxi.jpg

Charles Vaillancourt, who may have been confused by the French-speaking Lions fans that we were

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Just terrific to see Ottawa back in the league and for all the support they're getting...always knew it would be a good football town if they could just find a decent owner....and you have to admit, those new stadiums have really transformed the CFL...great facilities now and a great atmosphere.:handclap:

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Just terrific to see Ottawa back in the league and for all the support they're getting...always knew it would be a good football town if they could just find a decent owner....and you have to admit, those new stadiums have really transformed the CFL...great facilities now and a great atmosphere.:handclap:
You know, the support here has been fantastic, and the stadium – which I mocked at first because from the outside it was so similar to what they already had – is actually pretty awesome (less so the concessions, much of which is still just whatever was already in the hockey arena portion). If the Lions/Whitecaps had something this size with a nice view it would really be top-notch.

I think the Redblacks get a lot of support from the forgotten non-civil servant portion of the city, because Ottawa always felt like a 99.9% hockey town to me, but people have really embraced the Redblacks. Doesn't hurt when the team makes the finals in its second year, either.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
So what's with this Wednesday game stuff.

At least for this week...Toronto is pulling double duty playing us today and then the Battle of Ontario on Labour Day. This week is an oddity given the CFL wanted to have their marquee rivalry matchups but didn't want to give BC yet another bye week.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Levi Adcock sucks. He's been awful in every game he's played this year. But he's Dorazio's boy so Wally brought him in.

I don't get the logic in letting go of our O-line coach from last year (Malone) who had the best offensive line in the league, to bring back Dorazio from Saskatchewan who had the worst offensive line in the league, and on top of that bringing over one of their O-Linemen.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Levi Adcock sucks. He's been awful in every game he's played this year. But he's Dorazio's boy so Wally brought him in.

I don't get the logic in letting go of our O-line coach from last year (Malone) who had the best offensive line in the league, to bring back Dorazio from Saskatchewan who had the worst offensive line in the league, and on top of that bringing over one of their O-Linemen.

To be fair, he really didn't get much of a training camp and is just getting up to speed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad