OT: Parabola Memorial B.C. Lions Thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
We are officially retiring the Bob Ackles Memorial B.C. Lions Thread series. This is now the Parabola Memorial B.C. Lions Thread series.

Kevin was a moderator here for many years and an ardent Vancouver Canucks and BC Lions fan. Kevin had a difficult life and faced challenges that most of us simply cannot understand. His final battle ended amid complications from spina bifida and cancer in September of 2015.

Kevin (para), with the Grey Cup.

aJ9Q7W.jpg

Last edited:

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Very noticeable difference in drafting compared to other years. Wally going out and getting the players we need. I'm actually impressed, and I usually never am when it comes to our drafts. Maybe this is a product of Wally going back to the sidelines. Either way it'll be nice to potentially have some draftees that could contribute this season.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Great thread change!

Found out the cfl draft was today from the elevator tv screen lol

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Very noticeable difference in drafting compared to other years. Wally going out and getting the players we need. I'm actually impressed, and I usually never am when it comes to our drafts. Maybe this is a product of Wally going back to the sidelines. Either way it'll be nice to potentially have some draftees that could contribute this season.

Great thread change!

Found out the cfl draft was today from the elevator tv screen lol
Couple years ago one of the Bob Ackles Memorial threads maxed out and someone started a new one under a new name. Para wasn't impressed, neither was I, so I changed it back. I figure it's only fitting that para take Bob's place now.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Cool to see the thread change. That guy had an awful draw of the cards but always seemed to keep his head up.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Only thing I don't like is the logo placement on the jersey. Looks like a tramp stamp.

That's a common criticism that I've seen.

At first I wasn't a fan of the new uniforms, but they're kinda growing on me. I like the homes a lot better than the away uniform.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
The away uniform, and especially the helmet, are garbage.

Love the black helmet though. Was hoping they would have brought back the paw print in some capacity, would have been perfect on the back instead of the stoned lion. They really should have redesigned the logo though in conjunction with this.

Still, very happy with the home uniform.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I wonder if we'll hear anything on QB Vernon Adams at some point soon. The guy can play and will be a star if he comes to the CFL

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
I wonder if we'll hear anything on QB Vernon Adams at some point soon. The guy can play and will be a star if he comes to the CFL
He didn't get signed after trying out in Seattle, so Adams could be the clipboard holder this year for the Leos.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Given the hype, Wally won't even look at him.

He's on our neg list.

He didn't get signed after trying out in Seattle, so Adams could be the clipboard holder this year for the Leos.

Last I heard he has another tryout (Washington I believe?) If he doesn't catch on there it becomes a bigger possibility that he would come up here. Word on the street is he is seen as a bit too small, and while he's similar to Russell Wilson, he's not as feisty and tough as Wilson. Would probably thrive in the CFL.

Kuzmenkshow

Big smile, big hair, big time player
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Couple years ago one of the Bob Ackles Memorial threads maxed out and someone started a new one under a new name. Para wasn't impressed, neither was I, so I changed it back. I figure it's only fitting that para take Bob's place now.

I like that story.

I'm 99% sure that I started the 1st Bob Ackles Memorial Thread after Bob passed away and I think this is a very fitting name change move. Time for a new era, RIP parabola!

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
He's on our neg list.
Last I heard he has another tryout (Washington I believe?) If he doesn't catch on there it becomes a bigger possibility that he would come up here. Word on the street is he is seen as a bit too small, and while he's similar to Russell Wilson, he's not as feisty and tough as Wilson. Would probably thrive in the CFL.

Agreed, I think he would be a great fit in the CFL. He has all the tools.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Not a fan at all!!!

Too dark. The orange is too dark, and there needs to be a white line on the homes to break up the orange and the black. I hate the helmet logo, looks like a chess piece.

The orange is too dark on the away jerseys, it looks red. They look like freaking Stampeders jerseys.

They should have gone into the past a little bit like these:

2009-03-26_162822_BC_Lions.jpg

These look like they tried way to hard to make something "modern" fit. I don't plan on buying one of these any time soon.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
those white jerseys are fugly... Don't mind the darker ones.

I agree with you AoS... They look like the stampeders aways... lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad