OT: Parabola Memorial B.C. Lions Thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Nice to get some value for him, but he's a guy I'm pretty high on.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
After all the hype over the last couple weeks, it was interesting to see us trade him so quickly. But ally came right and said they weren't gonna get a deal done, and he got very good value for him. If we didn't have Jennings and were starved for a young QB to groom it would be a different story.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
After all the hype over the last couple weeks, it was interesting to see us trade him so quickly. But ally came right and said they weren't gonna get a deal done, and he got very good value for him. If we didn't have Jennings and were starved for a young QB to groom it would be a different story.

Adams strikes me as a guy who is a little too cocky and might cause problems down the road. Im not sure Wally really wanted to deal with another Casey Printers. Alarm bells probably went off in Wally's head as soon as Adams agent wanted 1+1 or more than CFL backup money.

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
Adams strikes me as a guy who is a little too cocky and might cause problems down the road. Im not sure Wally really wanted to deal with another Casey Printers. Alarm bells probably went off in Wally's head as soon as Adams agent wanted 1+1 or more than CFL backup money.
Printers at least had one fantastic year he could point to as a reason for demanding more money. Adams has one year of major college experience under his belt.

Not a bad return for a guy who was on the negotiation list for all of two days.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Printers at least had one fantastic year he could point to as a reason for demanding more money. Adams has one year of major college experience under his belt.

Not a bad return for a guy who was on the negotiation list for all of two days.

Agreed. Even if he turns out to be a star, and people complain in hindsight, I like the move.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
As critical as I've been of Wally, and he deserves a lot of blame for the state of this franchise, (seriously, who in their right mind brings back Dan Dorazio and re-promotes Khari Jones to OC?), I can't really blame him with sticking with a former MOP and a sophomore QB who has brought the most excitement to the team in years.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
So Adams signed a 3-year deal with Montreal. That's quite the departure from the 1+1 he was demanding from BC. Don't know what the money is though.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Time to pull this up, pre-season games just around the corner.

Anyone go to the FanFest in Kamloops?

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Time to pull this up, pre-season games just around the corner.

Anyone go to the FanFest in Kamloops?

Yup. Just heading back to Vancouver now. Had a blast though the heat was brutal.

Jennings looked great. I'm quite excited about how our offense will look with a full year of him at the helm.

Our running game concerned me a little bit as nobody really stood out to me.

Receivers look strong. I was impressed by Blaszko who kind of reminds me a little bit of Jason Claremont.

Offensive line looks better than it has in a while. And our defense looked strong, especially our DB's who seemed on point.

Overall it should be a good season.

The Afterparty last night was fun too.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Did Leone face any serious challengers in camp, or is he going to be the kicker again?

He'll be the kicker. The Lions brought in a guy from SFU who looks decent, but you can tell barring Leone's leg falling off that the job is his. Anthony Fera was released a couple days ago.

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
He'll be the kicker. The Lions brought in a guy from SFU who looks decent, but you can tell barring Leone's leg falling off that the job is his. Anthony Fera was released a couple days ago.
Rats.

Leone is a very good punter but I just don't trust him to hit key kicks.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Lavelle Hawkins is announcing his retirement today. He looked good in camp, but apparently didn't feel the spark to continue.

This should open up a spot for someone like Kendrick Ings or Geraldo Boldejwin to make the team and grab that final starter spot.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Lavelle Hawkins is announcing his retirement today. He looked good in camp, but apparently didn't feel the spark to continue.

This should open up a spot for someone like Kendrick Ings or Geraldo Boldejwin to make the team and grab that final starter spot.

Well that sucks. I was looking forward to having an NFL experienced receiver on the team.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Well that sucks. I was looking forward to having an NFL experienced receiver on the team.

NFL experience counts for little in the CFL. He looked good, but he also wasn't going to be our top option. I think Nick Moore would be ahead of him on the pecking order too.

Sucks to lose him, but I'm excited at the possibility of uncovering a gem. Ings looks very good, Boldewjin looks very good, and I'd like to see Blaszko given some reps.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
NFL experience counts for little in the CFL. He looked good, but he also wasn't going to be our top option. I think Nick Moore would be ahead of him on the pecking order too.

Sucks to lose him, but I'm excited at the possibility of uncovering a gem. Ings looks very good, Boldewjin looks very good, and I'd like to see Blaszko given some reps.

Technical ability counts, though. If he learned his routes and adapted to the CFL game, you have a pretty damn high technical ability receiver who's able to make catches that most CFL receivers can't make. Oh well though. I like giving other guys chances to shine, and I'm excited to see either of the two you mention.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Technical ability counts, though. If he learned his routes and adapted to the CFL game, you have a pretty damn high technical ability receiver who's able to make catches that most CFL receivers can't make. Oh well though. I like giving other guys chances to shine, and I'm excited to see either of the two you mention.

Totally depends on the player. Hawkins is nothing special. Just like last year, the Lions and the media were going crazy getting former NFL WR Austin Collie.. I came in here the day of the signing saying he was going to flame out. You could tell watching him in the NFL, he was done.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I'm excited for Boldewjin (based on what I've heard and read). I think he could have had an impact with or without Hawkins.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'm excited for Boldewjin (based on what I've heard and read). I think he could have had an impact with or without Hawkins.

I didn't realize he was the same guy from the Falcons & Boise a couple years back. He was extremely raw but with really good potential, from what I remember. Seemed to be a guy who had those soft tissue injuries though, hamstrings etc. Don't know if he will be consistent enough to help, both from an injury and and a receiving standpoint. Interesting skillset though.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Looking forward tonight! Actually watched some of the Bombers/Als game the other night, just missing football so much.

Interested to see some of the new guys in action.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Looking forward tonight! Actually watched some of the Bombers/Als game the other night, just missing football so much.

Interested to see some of the new guys in action.

Team feels fresh and new. We finally don't have to watch Dean Valli on our O-line! I can breathe a sigh of relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad