Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Terrible jerseys. Possibly a NHL preview of adidas in 2017.

There's some great college templates they could have used:
cconcept.jpg

10-ucla-s-l-midnight_pg_600.jpg

And that's actually an adidas jersey

And finally:

USATSI_7525291-620x769.jpg

Last edited:

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I saw the rest of the jerseys, why are we the only o ES to make significant changes?? Everyone else looks the same!

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Need to see them in person really to make my final opinion. My initial hope was they were going to do something similar to Oklahoma State, which they pretty much did:
lead630-9efba474f8fa02fa622c962630fb39c2.jpg

Just wish the piping on the shoulders was simpler.

That UCLA template would have been great too, but with an orange jersey and the lines on the shoulder done in a black/white/black combination.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
I will say I do miss the silver helmets of old. I agree with those who like the home jerseys though. Looks nice. I don't know if it is the lighting in the picture or what, but the away whites look more red than orange. Very Calgary.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I find it really bizarre that outside the lettering, there is no white on the homes and not black on the aways. Really makes the colours bleed together, that's is a beginner mistake in jersey design.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
They still just don't feel like Lions jerseys. C- for me. Have to see them live, I guess. But they likely won't get me $200 for one of these for a while.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
I have thought about them some more. The darks I love. The whites I'm meh on. They look old school though. I like that. And I like the lack of white on the orange ones. What I really like is the new helmet logos. It looks very 80's

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I have thought about them some more. The darks I love. The whites I'm meh on. They look old school though. I like that. And I like the lack of white on the orange ones. What I really like is the new helmet logos. It looks very 80's

I am literally the exact opposite of you. I hate the lack of white on the home jerseys, I think they tried too hard to look "modern", and the helmet logo is fug-LY!

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
I'm OK with the new uni's... but as with any new jersey in any sport, they need to be seen in action (TV or live) before any final verdict can be given.

What I don't get is that the Lions came out with one of the sexiest jerseys in all of sports a few yeas ago with their third uni's but abandoned it altogether.

bclionsblackjersey.jpg

Rocko604

Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I'm OK with the new uni's... but as with any new jersey in any sport, they need to be seen in action (TV or live) before any final verdict can be given.

What I don't get is that the Lions came out with one of the sexiest jerseys in all of sports a few yeas ago with their third uni's but abandoned it altogether.

bclionsblackjersey.jpg

Wally hated them apparently.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Why am I not surprised?

Actually, the fact he got a first round pick in return is surprising.

Adams wanted a 1 + 1 deal (rather than the standard 2 + 1 that we give rookies), and he wanted a lot more money than rookies get.

It sucks that we got rid of him, but I can see why. Jennings is the future here, Lulay is the mentor, and I wouldn't count out Keith Price who we picked up a month ago either.

Rocko604

Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Adams wanted a 1 + 1 deal (rather than the standard 2 + 1 that we give rookies), and he wanted a lot more money than rookies get.

It sucks that we got rid of him, but I can see why. Jennings is the future here, Lulay is the mentor, and I wouldn't count out Keith Price who we picked up a month ago either.

I don't think it sucks all that much really. With Price, we have a very good QB stable. And with Price, he's a solid #3 that will let Jennings and Lulay battle for 1 and 2. Adams would have thrown a wrench into that, with us likely getting rid of Price for probably nothing. This at least gives us the opportunity to pick someone from Laval like Montreal does every year. :laugh:

And the other thing I'm not surprised about is Jim Popp throwing a bunch of money, yet again, on an unproven college hype story.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Great deal considering the Als might be the worst team in the east and CFL next season

This feels like night and day improvement from a few years ago when we were trading 1st round pick for Kevin Glenn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad