Panthers @ WJC

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Can somebody upload the video from TSN called "WJC: Coming out party" focusing on Kosov and put it on YouTube ?

I can't watch it and I would love to hear what McKenzie has to say about one of our prospects !

Thanks in advance

SufferingCatFan

Apr 6, 2008
fort lauderdale
The problem with Grimaldi is that he's vocal, and due to his religious beliefs, it's evident that he finds it as a "moral" duty/obligation or totally correct to voice his opinions and judgements. He has a preaching mentality.

I think anyone who just constantly flaunts some sort of fanaticism is really annoying, anything in extreme is not good, and he's already turned heads with it as proof.

But whatever, as long as he can be the next St.Louis for our team I couldn't care less..

From a hockey perspective, Rocco's preaching ways only matter, to the extent, that it leads Rocco to become a distraction in the locker room. I have read nothing about Rocco being a negative influence on the team so am inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
Can somebody upload the video from TSN called "WJC: Coming out party" focusing on Kosov and put it on YouTube ?

I can't watch it and I would love to hear what McKenzie has to say about one of our prospects !

Thanks in advance

Bobby Mac basically said what J17 said. He's not very gifted offensively, but he's a great skater for someone his size. Also just said that he's a prototypical 3rd or 4th line NHL player.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Does that matter? Goals are goals.

He's a good powerforward with a nose for the net. We really need that type of player.

Of course it matters. Feel free to create unrealistic expectations for yourself and others. If he single handily beat 5 German players on each goal you'd make note of that. Isn't it only fair to make note of weak goals as well as those that are impressive?

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Kosov is a prospect worth following because of his superb size and grittiness combined with his skating, skills, and hockey sense. He's obviously not ever going to be one of the most skilled players on the ice, but he's very projectable and you can definitely see his chances for the NHL are very good(should he come over, which I think he will or else we likely wouldn't have drafted him). He protects and handles the puck much better than your typical 4th liner, and could possibly complement a couple of skill players very well.

Rocco irks people because of his evangelism, not his religion. It's the preaching mentality as someone else said. I'm probably one of the few in the middle, I don't really care, I only care if it becomes a distraction in the Panthers' locker room. But as someone else said, I think as he gets older and more exposed to the world, he'll mellow out a little. Not that I think it's a bad thing to be an extremely devout Christian, so am I but it's the way you express your beliefs outwardly and interact with others.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Interesting side note, USA d-man Shayne Gostisbehere is from in Margate, FL (not far from the Panthers practice facility) & grew up a Florida Panthers fan. He was also selected using the 3rd round pick the Panthers sent to Philly as part of the Versteeg deal so that kid will be linked to the Panthers for a long time to come.

Grimaldi just got an assist added to the goal by Gostisbehere so he's got a pt now at least in this game but he's looked pretty good throughout this 2nd period.

Yep, he has his grandparents to thank for becoming a fan.

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=637635
Born the same year that the Florida Panthers came into existence, Gostisbehere regularly attended NHL games with his grandparents, who were Panthers charter season ticket holders and came back year after year. Enthralled by the speed and excitement of the sport, the youngster immediately took to the sport.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Of course it matters. Feel free to create unrealistic expectations for yourself and others. If he single handily beat 5 German players on each goal you'd make note of that. Isn't it only fair to make note of weak goals as well as those that are impressive?

I couldn't disagree more. I don't even know where to start.:shakehead

"Unrealistic expectations", what are you talking about? He DID score a natural hattrick, and its one game.

Only players scoring spectacular goals have NHL upside?

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Kosov's 1st goal WAS a nice shot, although there's no way in hell the goalie should have let it in. It was heavy and accurate.

Watching the US-Canada game, I didn't even realize that coming in, Trocheck hd a 69% faceoff per. He's having a good game too. Huberdeau too, his assist to RNH on the 1st goal was awesome. Grimaldi has been OK, he seems to be trying to do too much by himself in this tourney, it's not working.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Kosov's 1st goal WAS a nice shot, although there's no way in hell the goalie should have let it in. It was heavy and accurate.

Watching the US-Canada game, I didn't even realize that coming in, Trocheck hd a 69% faceoff per. He's having a good game too. Huberdeau too, his assist to RNH on the 1st goal was awesome. Grimaldi has been OK, he seems to be trying to do too much by himself in this tourney, it's not working.

Trocheck was solid except for the crosscheck on Hubs at the end.

Expected more out of Grimaldi. A positive about him is he's a competitor and a worker. Wouldn't be surprised if he has a great game against the Slovaks tomorrow.

Hubs was smooth as usual. Fed Schieffle a couple times and proceeded to get robbed each time.

Really like that Drouin kid. Would be awesome if we can draft him somehow. Pair him with Hubs in the future.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

Expected more out of Grimaldi. A positive about him is he's a competitor and a worker. Wouldn't be surprised if he has a great game against the Slovaks tomorrow.

Hubs was smooth as usual. Fed Schieffle a couple times and proceeded to get robbed each time.

I have no problem with Trocheck's crosscheck, Huby was whacking at Gibson, Trocheck did what I hoped he'd do. It shouldn't be bad just because he did it to our prized prospect. Huby did what he should have done too. It was good hockey.

Grimaldi has to simplify his game. If he can't make it work against Slovakia...

He seems to be thinking he's Crosby. I like his feistiness but he has to work smarter, not harder.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

Really like that Drouin kid. Would be awesome if we can draft him somehow. Pair him with Hubs in the future.

I wouldn't bet on drafting Drouin unless we get a top 5-7 pick. But that definitely would be awesome. Huby-Bjugstad-Drouin :win:

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009

It wasn't a big deal.

It was really funny to see Huberdeau and Trocheck talking from one penaltybox to the other. Smiling and laughing.. future teammates!

If there is a full lockout, I'll be ecstatic if we can get a top8-9 pick. We should get a great prospect in the top10. Let's hope we can have some luck this time.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
It wasn't a big deal.

It was really funny to see Huberdeau and Trocheck talking from one penaltybox to the other. Smiling and laughing.. future teammates!

If there is a full lockout, I'll be ecstatic if we can get a top8-9 pick. We should get a great prospect in the top10. Let's hope we can have some luck this time.

Not sure if they were friendly smiles haha. They were going back and forth all game, I thought for sure they would be penalized for roughing at one point with these refs but they weren't. Who knows though, maybe they have no ill will towards eachother. Huby seems good at making enemies on the ice.

If there's a year lockout, I'm guessing #8 is the highest we could pick, and that's being the most optimistic. We'll probably get a pick around 10-12, which is fine, I'll be ecstatic with Shinkaruk, Erne, Lazar, or Domi. Nichuschkin is a great talent, I just wish he wasn't Russian.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Hubs is unbelievable playmaker. I hope we find him someone he can feed the puck to. Maybe Bjustad could be that

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Not sure if they were friendly smiles haha. They were going back and forth all game, I thought for sure they would be penalized for roughing at one point with these refs but they weren't. Who knows though, maybe they have no ill will towards eachother. Huby seems good at making enemies on the ice.

If there's a year lockout, I'm guessing #8 is the highest we could pick, and that's being the most optimistic. We'll probably get a pick around 10-12, which is fine, I'll be ecstatic with Shinkaruk, Erne, Lazar, or Domi. Nichuschkin is a great talent, I just wish he wasn't Russian.

If it's a lockout year draft, we can pick anywhere, assuming the system remains the same.

I would love to get Lindholm, but that would require alot of luck. The other names you have mentioned appeal very much too.

Nichuskin has the physical abilities of a monster. That size and skating ability is redonk good. Whether he has the intelligence to become a great player, i don't know.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Nichuskin has the physical abilities of a monster. That size and skating ability is redonk good. Whether he has the intelligence to become a great player, i don't know.

He had one insane rush vs. the Germans.

Hoping for MacKinnon of course, but if we draft a little later a sniper like Shinkaruk would be awesome.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
He had one insane rush vs. the Germans.

Hoping for MacKinnon of course, but if we draft a little later a sniper like Shinkaruk would be awesome.

There are 4/5 Forwards who i think are all relatively close. I wonder how much seperatation there is between MacKinnon and Barkov, Drouin, Lindholm and Monahan on NHL scouts lists.

Nichuskin is a wildcard. Will be ranked everywhere i imagine by different people.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Haven't had time to watch the games for various reasons, so I personally can't say anything about Barkov's play during the WJC's, but based on points he hasn't been himself. Some finnish posters speculated that he's really tired after being overplayed by the Tappara coaches, and IIRC he had like 1+0 in the last 6 games before the WJC.

If DT somehow managed to draft Barkov, I would dare to say it would have a bigger impact on the team's future succees than when he drafted Huber.

Thou we would have a Lindros v.2.0 then, since Barkov has said he hopes to play for a team with a rich history. :sarcasm:

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I have no problem with Trocheck's crosscheck, Huby was whacking at Gibson, Trocheck did what I hoped he'd do. It shouldn't be bad just because he did it to our prized prospect. Huby did what he should have done too. It was good hockey.

Grimaldi has to simplify his game. If he can't make it work against Slovakia...

He seems to be thinking he's Crosby. I like his feistiness but he has to work smarter, not harder.

Go into that locker room and try telling a player to work smarter, not harder.

But, I understand what you mean. He needs to be better.

FytinSioux

Blackhawksssssss
Nov 30, 2009
ND
Rocco is frustrating to watch this tourney so far. He's either trying to do too much or there are some serious chemistry issues. I sometimes wonder if coaching is an issue. Seems weird that so many guys are underperforming. I have watched all the Sioux games this year and haven't seen him play this bad in any of em. Lots of turnovers which is pretty uncharacteristic of him.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Rocco is frustrating to watch this tourney so far. He's either trying to do too much or there are some serious chemistry issues. I sometimes wonder if coaching is an issue. Seems weird that so many guys are underperforming. I have watched all the Sioux games this year and haven't seen him play this bad in any of em. Lots of turnovers which is pretty uncharacteristic of him.
I think it's definitely a chemistry issue. He doesn't know his teammates and they don't know him. They don't have much time to get it together.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida

The whole team looked bad in the last two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad