USA- Vincent Trocheck, Rocco Grimaldi
Russia- Yaroslav Kosov
Sweden- Bengtsson

Am I missing someone?

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Rocco Grimaldi after 5-1 loss to Finland in an excibition game. Most people think Grimaldi was the best player for USA in this game. What did Rocco think about it? Well

"I was the worst player on the ice today," Grimaldi said on Twitter. "I did absolutely nothing, and that is unacceptable. That CAN NOT and WILL NOT happen again."

Can't wait to see this kid with the big club.

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
Rocco Grimaldi after 5-1 loss to Finland in an excibition game. Most people think Grimaldi was the best player for USA in this game. What did Rocco think about it? Well

"I was the worst player on the ice today," Grimaldi said on Twitter. "I did absolutely nothing, and that is unacceptable. That CAN NOT and WILL NOT happen again."

Can't wait to see this kid with the big club.

He was easily the best forward IMO.. Had 1 goal, even though it didn't count cause there is no replay/video review, and could've had another if it wasn't for a great save.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
You forgot MacKinnon;)

And Grimaldi has some of the sickest wheels I've seen. Seriously, he is so incredibly fast. He was very hard on himself after the game, calling himself that he was the worst player on the ice and that it was totally unexceptable. Even though most thought he was USAs best forward that game.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Grimaldi really irks me as a character.

Of course, you can certainly see a drive and determination there that is neccessairy for a successful hockey career, and the thoughts of a post-graduate unemployed english bum probably do not mean much to him.

Fun player to watch.

5 teams can medal here. Canada is the favourite, but not really so dominant that they are clear favourites. USA doesn't really impress me skill wise, but the speed, defense and Goaltending make them a solid outfit. Finland have a very nice blend throughout the roster. How the smaller lines handle the pressure we shall see. Sweden i am unsure what to expect of. Russia definitely the most mysterious team ; lethal offense and goaltending but questionable defense.

Czechs have good Forwards but really poor defense so i don't expect muchf rom them. Germany and Latvia have good teams relative to past age groups, and can be competitive at the bottom. Switzerland aren't bad. Slovakia have a horrible age group here. They aren't much better than Latvia or the Germans IMO.

Will be nice to watch these at regular times for once.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Grimaldi really irks me as a character.

Of course, you can certainly see a drive and determination there that is neccessairy for a successful hockey career, and the thoughts of a post-graduate unemployed english bum probably do not mean much to him.

Fun player to watch.

5 teams can medal here. Canada is the favourite, but not really so dominant that they are clear favourites. USA doesn't really impress me skill wise, but the speed, defense and Goaltending make them a solid outfit. Finland have a very nice blend throughout the roster. How the smaller lines handle the pressure we shall see. Sweden i am unsure what to expect of. Russia definitely the most mysterious team ; lethal offense and goaltending but questionable defense.

Czechs have good Forwards but really poor defense so i don't expect muchf rom them. Germany and Latvia have good teams relative to past age groups, and can be competitive at the bottom. Switzerland aren't bad. Slovakia have a horrible age group here. They aren't much better than Latvia or the Germans IMO.

Will be nice to watch these at regular times for once.

What about his character irks you?

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Too bad Aittokallio can't play this time, really liked the last year's drinking game that the finnish posters had. :laugh:

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Two periods played and Huberdeau got 1g+2a vs Germany. Great start, such amazing vision and passing.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
People over in the WJC thread are marveling at the play of Hubs and RNH. Saying things like they're the best players on the ice and on another level.

:)

Yeah, saw the hole game. They had amazing chemistry.

It's hard not to give RNH the MVP award for that game, but still I thought Huberdeau was more noticeable. Hubs was buzzing all game, and sick passes and some sweet moves, and could easily added a couple of more points.

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
From his tie, to his judgemental religious views expressed at times. The tweet also annoys me, but i can't exactly explain why via text.

Doesn't mean anything in the context of how we root for him however, so pointless i guess.

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Logged in for the first time in what must be a year to express my gratitude that I'm not the only one that isn't on the Grimaldi circlejerk. He comes off to me as an annoying little puke.

That being said I genuinely hope he pans out and becomes a solid NHL caliber winger but holy smokes is he annoying.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Annoyed by his tie?

He is referring to the tie he wore on draft day which had a Christian theme printed on it.

In interviews with the various clubs, Grimaldi said he was also asked about his Christian Faith, which is a big part of his life. Dressed in a black shirt and suit, the most colorful part of his outfit at the draft was his tie, which featured a cross and the words of the Gospel of John 3:16, “For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.â€

Grimaldi said that some clubs asked if his dedication to his faith would affect his ability to fit in with other players.

“They really asked me if it was going to be a hindrance for me or get in the way of me and my teammates because some of my teammates might make mistakes, or not mistakes, but things I don’t really agree with and go out. I’m not a drinker, and I don’t go out and do that stuff, so they felt maybe I am going to judge them for that, which, you know, I would never judge someone for the things they do,†he said. “We are brothers when we are on the ice and off the ice as well.â€

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/pu...uests-you-put-your-boobs-away?urn=nhl,wp13663

Borderline **** apologist since, you know, guys might not be able to control their urges if a girl is scantily clad.

Kid's a sexually repressed chauvinist.

I did find that twitter rant a little ridiculous coming from an 18 year old kid who hasn't exactly stepped out into the real world yet. I just felt like saying: " Rocco, you don't have to worry about me man, I'm good. A little boobies now and then won't bring the hell-fire."
But hey, maybe he will tone it down a bit with age and experience. I really don't care what he believes as long as he brings it all on the ice and is a good teammate in the locker room.

CoolburnIsGone

End of the 1st period in the US-Germany game with the Americans winning 3-0. Not too much from Grimaldi on the score sheet yet. He had a couple of nice plays though so far.

Trocheck though almost scored a shortie with about 1 min left in the period. Stole the puck and almost had a breakaway but the German defender made it difficult on him and Trocheck couldnt quite get a shot off.

CoolburnIsGone

Interesting side note, USA d-man Shayne Gostisbehere is from in Margate, FL (not far from the Panthers practice facility) & grew up a Florida Panthers fan. He was also selected using the 3rd round pick the Panthers sent to Philly as part of the Versteeg deal so that kid will be linked to the Panthers for a long time to come.

Grimaldi just got an assist added to the goal by Gostisbehere so he's got a pt now at least in this game but he's looked pretty good throughout this 2nd period.

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
Pretty thick-headed of all those Rocco haters.. The kid is a hard working, honest kid, who gives 100%.. Really embarrassing to dislike somebody for having morales. Seriously, a joke.

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
Pretty thick-headed of all those Rocco haters.. The kid is a hard working, honest kid, who gives 100%.. Really embarrassing to dislike somebody for having morales. Seriously, a joke.

I'm totally fine with his morales, but when someone uses their morales as an excuse for being a judgmental and puritanical little snot it kind of grates on my nerves regardless of how hardworking or honest they are. The morales are not the issue here.

And bible-thumpers just freak me out. You call it morales and religion, I call it a cult.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad