Panthers vs the Refs

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
Right on then, sorry.

There were missed calls both ways. Admittedly, Montreal ended up on the positive side of things with the powerplay in overtime, but it seems like many games this year the opposite happens. These things even out at the end of the year.

Not for the panthers, it seems like we always get the shaft especially against Canadian/Original 6 teams

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Right on then, sorry.

There were missed calls both ways. Admittedly, Montreal ended up on the positive side of things with the powerplay in overtime, but it seems like many games this year the opposite happens. These things even out at the end of the year.

Did you really miss the high stick against Ekblad in front of the ref, where Ekblad list one front tooth? A 4-min non-call?

No things don't even out

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Right on then, sorry.

I seriously, for the sake of sanity, hope you're not serious.

Seriously.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Problem with the even out excuse.... the nights the refs decide to even it out....it means another team gets shafted, and to even that out, another team gets shafted, creating a never ending cycle.

In before cycle ends in Florida getting shafted lol

Jacob Roberts

Jan 27, 2011
Jinju, S Korea
nobody is disputing the trocheck call. we are disputing the obvious missed calls late in the 3rd where the ref swallowed his whistle. at least try not to come off like a complete moron

Plenty of posters dissmissing the High-stick as a "light-tap" or "no-contact".

---------------------------------------

If you guys wanna worry and complain about officiating then thats your choice. But I watch the game for enjoyment of the game and the players. When my team loses, they lose on their own merits. Referees are humans, they won't make every call correctly, but mistakes go both ways. Over the course of the year, 82 games, every team deserves to be where they are - the Panthers deserve to be 10th - and thats because of their ability, nothing to do with the refs. In 5 years are we gonna say "That was the year we should have made the playoffs but the refs screwed us!!"?

I used to always blame a ref when my team lost but that was when i was like 15 years old, I've sorta grown up since then.

Constant whining about refereeing eventually looks petty and embarrassing.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Missed another game, did ya Jake?

It's more embarassing and petty to try and argue what everyone else has seen with their own eyes.

It was Oswald, and he acted alone, only crazy people argue that lol

Jacob Roberts

Jan 27, 2011
Jinju, S Korea
Missed another game, did ya Jake?

It's more embarassing and petty to try and argue what everyone else has seen with their own eyes.

It was Oswald, and he acted alone, only crazy people argue that lol

Not really sure what you are talking about. Ive repeatedly said there were missed calls in the Montreal game. It's just that ultimately our own ill-disclipine cost us the game (3PPG against). Not sure whats hard to understand about that. The Panthers CAN control their disclipine, but the CANNOT control missed calls.

And yes I did watch todays game and again I don't understand what you are getting at. Last time I checked, we won that game, and I'm happy about that. Should I fell differently? Should I be upset that there were some missed calls? Is that what you are getting at?

Are you telling me I should only happy if the Panthers win AND every call is correct. WOW! How can you ever be satisfied after a game? How do you get enjoyment out of this sport? Why do you bother?

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Not really sure what you are talking about. Ive repeatedly said there were missed calls in the Montreal game. It's just that ultimately our own ill-disclipine cost us the game (3PPG against). Not sure whats hard to understand about that. The Panthers CAN control their disclipine, but the CANNOT control missed calls.

And yes I did watch todays game and again I don't understand what you are getting at. Last time I checked, we won that game, and I'm happy about that. Should I fell differently? Should I be upset that there were some missed calls? Is that what you are getting at?

Are you telling me I should only happy if the Panthers win AND every call is correct. WOW! How can you ever be satisfied after a game? How do you get enjoyment out of this sport? Why do you bother?

You should be happy that we won, as I am and everyone else is.

If you don't care about how unfairly we are treated on a constant basis, whatever. To belittle anyone else for caring only speaks negatively for your character, not mine or anyone else's.

I enjoy giving a damn.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I am going to watch the MTL game today (taped, was out Saturday). I have the day off so by the sounds of it I might be making a stiff drink or two to help with my for-coming anger.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
Plenty of posters dissmissing the High-stick as a "light-tap" or "no-contact".

---------------------------------------

If you guys wanna worry and complain about officiating then thats your choice. But I watch the game for enjoyment of the game and the players. When my team loses, they lose on their own merits. Referees are humans, they won't make every call correctly, but mistakes go both ways. Over the course of the year, 82 games, every team deserves to be where they are - the Panthers deserve to be 10th - and thats because of their ability, nothing to do with the refs. In 5 years are we gonna say "That was the year we should have made the playoffs but the refs screwed us!!"?

I used to always blame a ref when my team lost but that was when i was like 15 years old, I've sorta grown up since then.

Constant whining about refereeing eventually looks petty and embarrassing.

The refs job is to officiate both teams and call penalties when they apply. Far too often these refs try to be the deciding factor of the game. It's our right as a fan to complain and call out officiating when its this bad. So much so Vinny, you know the owner, has gotten involved. You are no more grown up than any of us here complaining about the officiating, that has nothing to do with it.

I understand refs are humans and will err, but hat does not excuse the ignoring of safety to a player, especially when he looses a tooth or gets elbowed in the head. That's a pretty big deal.

Jacob Roberts

Jan 27, 2011
Jinju, S Korea
The refs job is to officiate both teams and call penalties when they apply. Far too often these refs try to be the deciding factor of the game. It's our right as a fan to complain and call out officiating when its this bad. So much so Vinny, you know the owner, has gotten involved. You are no more grown up than any of us here complaining about the officiating, that has nothing to do with it.

I understand refs are humans and will err, but hat does not excuse the ignoring of safety to a player, especially when he looses a tooth or gets elbowed in the head. That's a pretty big deal.

I'm certainly not gonna argue about ingnoring safety, especially wilful ingorance. Completely unacceptable. Doubly tough if a player misses time on an illegal play that isnt called. Man is that frustrating. At least plays like that can be reviewed after a game by player safety and punishment handed down after the fact.

I guess i'm talking more globally when it comes to emotions about refs and their impacts over the course of a game and season.

Ultimately, I look at the Panthers as being controllers of their own destiny. Not being held back by anyone but themselves. It gives you a feeling of freedom when you look at things like that, I suggest a few people on these boards give it a try :)

I'll stop though, let you guys have your fun and stop being a party-pooper.

I will say lastly that the thread about the Ottawa game on the main board is quite interesting. I DO NOT AGREE WITH THE COMMENTS LYING WITHIN SAID THREAD But it does highlight how each team, and also neutral observers, have completely different views on the same game in regards to officiating. Some people thought that this call was correct, that call incorrect, the reffs leaned this way or that way. Some people saw missed calls against us that we didnt see. For every argument raised, there is a counter argument. The point is that everyone has opinions about refs, so who exactly is right???? And ultimately who cares since the result has already been decided and isnt gonna change. Sometimes it's best to just let it go......

Promise i'll stop now :)

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
The difference btw last night and when it counts, the heartbeat count doesn't raise while the refs give us the bendover.
Officially 2009 all over again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad