Panthers vs the Refs

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I was surprised Guddy didn't get a roughing penalty for that Judo throw on Gallagher. That's as roughing as it gets, haha.

Tro definitely high-sticked but yeah, don't call it against us if you ignored a couple that would have been for us earlier in the game.

-ghoste

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Averaging 2 goals a game will NOT win you a lot of hockey games. Stop blaming the refs for our shortcomings.

We are on pace for 203.36 goals this season. Last year's Stanley Cup Champions scored 206. Our offensive output can definitely win you a lot of hockey games.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Sorry Floridabros we feel your pain. We had the same **** in Detroit lastnight, to the point where Detroit announcers were saying penalties should be called.

I didn't watch your game, was it in reference to the OT PP or just missed calls all game?

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Sorry Floridabros we feel your pain. We had the same **** in Detroit lastnight, to the point where Detroit announcers were saying penalties should be called.

I didn't watch your game, was it in reference to the OT PP or just missed calls all game?

This sums it up.

Let's see.

Panthers:

- Hayes, 2 min Unsportsmanlike Conduct. Correct call.
- Jagr, 2 min Hooking. Correct call.
- Bolland, 2 min Cross-checking. Weak call.
- Trocheck, 2 min High-sticking. Correct call.

Habs:

- Desharnais, 2 min Interference. Didn't see it properly, maybe slight dive by the Panther.

Habs Bonus Round:

- missed interference penalty that lead to Hayes taking his penalty
- missed goalie interference on the 1st goal
- missed embellishment by PAP on the Bolland penalty
- missed high-sticking that cost Ekblad a tooth
- missed flying elbow away from the play that kept Gudbranson down for a few seconds

It's hard to say that the refs are neutral after nights like this.

The most egregious issue was Ekblad getting a tooth knocked out by a high stick late in the third which should have resulted in a 4 minute PP. Minutes later in OT we take a minor for a stick hitting the guy on the back of the helmet. Yes it was a penalty but call the game both ways.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
Nice to hear that Viola is pursuing it. What's not to like about our ownership these days?

Well apparently our owners are actually conspiring to move to Quebec according to a bunch of hockey elitists with no proof of such thing. :sarcasm:

I think Viola will have a bigger impact on this issue than someone like Gallant or Tallon. Good on him.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Alright Viola! I must say, I wasn't really expecting this.

Well apparently our owners are actually conspiring to move to Quebec according to a bunch of hockey elitists with no proof of such thing. :sarcasm:

I think Viola will have a bigger impact on this issue than someone like Gallant or Tallon. Good on him.

Oh yeah. People tend to listen to the guy with the money and power.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Same ref from last night, Pochmara. Interesting to see if he has the balls...

What took Viola so long?

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
It was the right call, everyone is pissed at the missed calls against Florida, most notably the blatant high stick against Ekblad

Right on then, sorry.

There were missed calls both ways. Admittedly, Montreal ended up on the positive side of things with the powerplay in overtime, but it seems like many games this year the opposite happens. These things even out at the end of the year.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
why bother. NHL is showing how little they care about the Panthers by throwing out the same ref tonight. Just start worrying about next season.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Right on then, sorry.

There were missed calls both ways. Admittedly, Montreal ended up on the positive side of things with the powerplay in overtime, but it seems like many games this year the opposite happens. These things even out at the end of the year.

no they don't

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad