Panthers vs the Refs

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Ummm.. What?

Has anyone said refs aren't against us? It's been like that forever. Nothing new

Maybe it would change if we became a team to be taken seriously. Taking baby steps into the right direction. Let's not just **** it up with more bad UFA signings

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Someone gif the hits on gudbranson and ekblad along with the trocheck HIgh stick

InsaneBanana

Feb 20, 2015
Cardiff, Wales (UK)
Tonight's game, Boston and Ottawa have combined to commit 0 penalties in their games this week against the Rangers.

Ottawa in Playoffs, or Boston would be huge regarding TV money and fans money. Boston is a bigger TV market than Miami anyway. And Ottawa is in Canada, no further explanation needed.

Pretty obvious the NHL don't think the Panthers could contribute as much money turnover.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Tonight's game, Boston and Ottawa have combined to commit 0 penalties in their games this week against the Rangers.

So, the conspiracy spans the last week? Surely the NHL favors one of Boston or Ottawa, so why did both commit no penalties (even though they did, penalties don't necessarily equal powerplay)? Or do they just hate the Panthers? Do they hate the Rangers, too? Why did Boston get a penalty in OT against Anaheim? I guess they NHL wants Ottawa to make the playoffs? But wait, what about Lucic's goal? I guess they just hate the Rangers -- they hate the biggest market in North America.

Also, if you do believe the NHL actively conspires against (or for) certain teams, why bother rooting for any team? If you know it's rigged surely there are better uses of your time. A conspiracy as flawless as the NHL's surely can never be overcome.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
So, the conspiracy spans the last week? Surely the NHL favors one of Boston or Ottawa, so why did both commit no penalties (even though they did, penalties don't necessarily equal powerplay)? Or do they just hate the Panthers? Do they hate the Rangers, too? Why did Boston get a penalty in OT against Anaheim? I guess they NHL wants Ottawa to make the playoffs? But wait, what about Lucic's goal? I guess they just hate the Rangers -- they hate the biggest market in North America.

Also, if you do believe the NHL actively conspires against (or for) certain teams, why bother rooting for any team? If you know it's rigged surely there are better uses of your time. A conspiracy as flawless as the NHL's surely can never be overcome.

Good post

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006

You're missing the point. It's a bias, not an obvious conspiracy whispered in hushed tones when gallant steps in the room.

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN

Those were the 2 examples I got off the top of my head. And if you don't think the refs were biased tonight, then you must think they are absolutely awful, no? If they are absolutely awful then they shouldn't have a job as an NHL referee, yet these guys never get disciplined

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
They're humans, ofcourse they are biased! Thats why I'm hoping to see Refrobot 9000 officiating next year!

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
My take:

I can't speak for others, but I don't think the logos on the jerseys have anything to do with it. I just think it was a horribly officiated game which cost my team. There's no agenda and the cause wasn't Canadian favoritism. That doesn't matter though. This game was extremely important and the refs ****ed up. They made mistakes and didn't properly do their jobs. Maybe they were out of position or just didn't see it. I don't care what the reason is, they failed to carry out the duties of their job. Hold them accountable just as I would be if I failed doing my job.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003

this is historically the case. the panthers consistently get the short end of the stick with the refs!! what ever the reason, the refs always put us behind the 8 ball!!! i have seen numerous cases of blatant penalties against us that were not called and i have to say that on average we get between 2 -3 missed obvious penalties a game against us, but no where near that that amount of missed penalties on us!! i think it's lack of respect, or bias. but it's real!!!!!!:rant::rant:

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton

It is a good post... but when it constantly happens to us it gets ridicukous... part of the reason tho is we have been historically bad and can't overcome the penalties... but that one year a few years ago the team got written appologies 3? Times from the league was it? Anyway there has to be some way to hold refs responsible for games like this where they put the whistle away for a period, miss blatant 4 minute penalties against other teams then call an incidental stick graze to the top of a helmet which doesn't effect the play whatsoever in overtime in a game with this magnitude... how does that happen? How do flagrant unmissable calls not get called then in the most important time of game u call the smallest thing u see? Makes no snese

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Someone should have an advance stats website for refs and their non/bad calls.

It would be nice to see who's a good ref and who's a bad ref. Also if they have bias against certain teams, etc.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I think when it comes to Reffing, you have to categorize their calls

Good Calls
Bad Calls
Missed Calls
No Call

the First two are self explanatory.
A missed call is where no Referee see it or they weren't looking.

A no call is when the refs are staring at it and they just chose not to see it

break it down that way for both sides and judge from there.

Boston got shafted the other day against Anaheim on the non-goalie interference call that was a No Call

yeah it doesn't help really but it happens to everyone. it's just magnified right now becaue of what is at stake.

Jacob Roberts

Jan 27, 2011
Jinju, S Korea
Those were the 2 examples I got off the top of my head. And if you don't think the refs were biased tonight, then you must think they are absolutely awful, no? If they are absolutely awful then they shouldn't have a job as an NHL referee, yet these guys never get disciplined

How do you know they aren't disclipined? How do you know the league doesn't fine refs, "suspend" them, give them less important games, etc? Just because it isn't reported doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

---------------------------

Every teams fans think that their team gets the short end of the stick. Every team. The Habs fans are prolly focussing on the missed calls they should have got rather than the calls they got away with. W are no different to any team. We get some lucky calls and some missed calls. We just dont notice/easily forget the lucky ones and focus all our energy on the missed ones

---------------------------

Please. I have Gamcenter and have looked at the replay 20 times. Trochek did not "lightly tap" the canadien. He swung his stick, hit him in the head, and the stick even bent around the helmet, like a stick during a slap shot. It wasn't an accident. It was a legitimate call.

In relation to the missed calls it seems unfair to have called that one, but, it was a legit high-stick. We would be filthy if it wasn't called for us.

--------------------------

At the end of the day, the Panthers controlled their own destiny in that game. Hayes chose to smash his stick infront of a ref after abusing him, and the Habs get a PPG. Bolland chose to cross-check a guy in the back, and the Habs got a PPG. Trocheck chose to swing his stick into an oppenents head, Habs got a PPG.

Panthers cost themselves the game. Missed calls or not.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I think when it comes to Reffing, you have to categorize their calls

Good Calls
Bad Calls
Missed Calls
No Call

the First two are self explanatory.
A missed call is where no Referee see it or they weren't looking.

A no call is when the refs are staring at it and they just chose not to see it

break it down that way for both sides and judge from there.

Boston got shafted the other day against Anaheim on the non-goalie interference call that was a No Call

yeah it doesn't help really but it happens to everyone. it's just magnified right now becaue of what is at stake.

Answer me this. The obvious interference call on Bolland a couple of weeks ago, against the Bolts I want to say, where Potvin lost his crap...how do you explain that? The official is starring right at the play, just turns away. How do you explain situations like that. You cant, because officials are not criticized to the extent that they warrant. IMO, officials need to be made available to the media, period. If this league wants us to believe that there is no favoritism by the officials, and that its all officiated right down the middle, then let them be questioned by the media.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
the yandle hit on pirri, kopecky WWE'd by nash, etc

theres a few non-calls against us, but you also have to understand that you have to establish yourself as a star or a successful franchise to get any chance to get a good fanbase and get the calls against you.

florida has a bunch of notorious divers that have dove a lot in the past that might have a bad reputation

you have to show that you're relevant to get the benefit of the doubt, thats all i think

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
the yandle hit on pirri, kopecky WWE'd by nash, etc

theres a few non-calls against us, but you also have to understand that you have to establish yourself as a star or a successful franchise to get any chance to get a good fanbase and get the calls against you.

florida has a bunch of notorious divers that have dove a lot in the past that might have a bad reputation

you have to show that you're relevant to get the benefit of the doubt, thats all i think

You should not have to earn a call. Officials are there to make sure the game is played by the rules of the game, not to give advantages to one team over the other. There is no excuse to not make calls when you are staring right at the play. That shows favoritism, and that should not be allowed.

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
This is nothing new. Other teams have been delivering flying elbows to the head of our players and trucking our goalies with no call from the refs for years now. And heaven forbid there is any kind of scrum after the whistle because 90% of the time the Panthers will get an extra two minutes for no reason at all. The worst part is alot of the time it will happen and the ref will watch it happen from 5 feet away and call nothing, like the slew foot on Gudbranson last week. At least once a week an opponent will attempt to murder Guds but if he checks somebody he gets a game misconduct. Sometimes it feels like the Panthers are in a Harlem Globetrotters game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad