Pre-Game Talk: Panthers vs Leafs | Jan. 30/14 | 7pm ET, SNET-O

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Last time we played, we were a hurting mess.

As our friend Thomast will be lurking here as Barkov will be playing, I want to see how he looks in this test to give him a proper assessement.

Florida is 5-4-1 in their last 10. Very respectable.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
next four games: Florida, Ottawa, Florida, Tampa

need to bank some points

this is probably as easy of a stretch as we're gonna get until the final 4 games of the season.

in march we play away games against the ducks, sharks and kings over 4 nights (mon, tues, thurs)

Derrty

Cat
Apr 24, 2012
Leafs are going to beat Florida as long as Bernier starts. This season is going to prove how great of a goaltender he is. I truly believe that he will be considered as great at Rask and price as early as next season.

Good Luck convincing anyone outside of Toronto; regardless of how well he performs.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Leafs are going to beat Florida as long as Bernier starts. This season is going to prove how great of a goaltender he is. I truly believe that he will be considered as great at Rask and price as early as next season.

Of course Bernier will start. I can't see them using the Backup until after the Olympic break.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
You know that Bernier is on pace to make ~60 starts this season right? He's our MVP so far this season.

Our defense breaks down more than a teenage girl who found out Justin Bieber was jailed.

Rask plays in front of an elite defense and comes up huge for them maybe 1 or 2 times a game. Bernier plays in front of a **** defense and has to be on his toes at all points of the game because you have no idea when and where the next barrage of shots will come from.

Bernier needs to be signed to a long term deal ASAP. If we wait too long, he'll be making Carey Price money (deservedly but we have a chance to get him for cheaper after this season).

Last edited by a moderator:

Bluejaysfan*

Good Luck convincing anyone outside of Toronto; regardless of how well he performs.

Meh who cares, all it means is that he can be signed for cheaper than what price and Rask got. And people will recognize Bernier as elite after this season if the Leafs can win a round at the least or beat Boston with him playing.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
because we're on the road?
we're facing the same teams... [well swap Ottawa for Vancouver]

Well yeah... You're making it sound like that's odd. 18-10-1 at home, 10-11-5 on the road plus we face Vancouver who we haven't been in what? 10 years?

Not to mention, Stamkos is expected back next week.

Last edited:

Bluejaysfan*

You know that Bernier is on pace to make ~60 starts this season right? He's our MVP so far this season.

Our defense breaks down more than a teenage girl who found out Justin Bieber was jailed.

Rask plays in front of an elite defense and comes up huge for them maybe 1 or 2 times a game. Bernier plays in front of a **** defense and has to be on his toes at all points of the game because you have no idea when and where the next barrage of shots will come from.

Bernier needs to be signed to a long term deal ASAP. If we wait too long, he'll be making Carey Price money (deservedly but we have a chance to get him for cheaper after this season).

Assuming he plays well in the playoffs, I would have no problems giving him an 8 year deal worth $40 million with an $5million AAV. Biggest thing the Leafs need to do is signing him as soon as they can before he lets the entire hockey world know how great he is.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Assuming he plays well in the playoffs, I would have no problems giving him an 8 year deal worth $40 million with an $5million AAV. Biggest thing the Leafs need to do is signing him as soon as they can before he lets the entire hockey world know how great he is.

I think that's what the Leafs are waiting for... see how he does in the playoffs. If he's playing just as well as he is now, they will lock him up as soon as they can.

Leafs need to find ways to save some cap space...paying him 6.5M down the road instead of 5M after this year is a huge difference.

Have to take some risks if you want a great contract. Look at JvR's deal with Philly...he's signed to a great contract...most 3rd liners will be making more money than him by the time his contract ends.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
If we win in regulation and Ottawa wins in regulation, then we are within 3 points.

Hopefully Boston gives Montreal a beating as well

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Gardiner just tweeted this. :laugh:

BfLFNueIEAAMh90.jpg

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Belza's bikes! We are ready for Becel ride for life this summer.

But my question is Who's the guy on the treadmill in the back?

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Well yeah... You're making it sound like that's odd. 18-10-1 at home, 10-11-5 on the road plus we face Vancouver who we haven't been in what? 10 years?

Not to mention, Stamkos is expected back next week.

Seems some doubt has been placed on that in the last 24 hours or so. Its going to be very tight for him to even go to Sochi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad