Pre-Game Talk: Panthers vs Jets Jan 13 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
The Jets seem to have a habit of laying the smack down on the Florida Panthers when they play them at the MTS centre.

However this is a different Panthers team with Luongo in net (hope we get Monty but doubt it) They are a good young team with one of the brightest futures in the league.

It will be a tough game no question but one they can win (need to play a whole lot better though) a couple days rest for our returnees and some more rust shaken off.

I'd sit out Harrison and insert Postma back in and hope that his couple games watching would give him a boost to pick up his play.

Harrison and Stu cannot continue, that pairing scares the bejeezuz out of me. We need Trouba back so bad

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The Jets seem to have a habit of laying the smack down on the Florida Panthers when they play them at the MTS centre.

However this is a different Panthers team with Luongo in net (hope we get Monty but doubt it) They are a good young team with one of the brightest futures in the league.

It will be a tough game no question but one they can win (need to play a whole lot better though) a couple days rest for our returnees and some more rust shaken off.

I'd sit out Harrison and insert Postma back in and hope that his couple games watching would give him a boost to pick up his play.

Harrison and Stu cannot continue, that pairing scares the bejeezuz out of me. We need Trouba back so bad

I'm hoping that Maurice just had a bad idea that the Jets needed those guys to deal with the "heavy" game of the Kings and Ducks, and now realizes it was a big mistake.

Postma would be a better option (with Stuart, preferably).

I seriously think that a Harrison-Stuart pairing might result in an extra 2 goals against per game. They are a complete tire fire.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I'm hoping that Maurice just had a bad idea that the Jets needed those guys to deal with the "heavy" game of the Kings and Ducks, and now realizes it was a big mistake.

I seriously think that a Harrison-Stuart pairing might result in an extra 2 goals against per game. They are a complete tire fire.

Agreed, particularly against Anaheim. Unfortunately he had to shelve his plan against the Kings with about 7 minutes left after the 4th goal, I don't believe either of them hit the ice again. He dug himself a pretty big hole, it remains my biggest concern with PoMo that he stubbornly insists on trotting out guys who clearly aren't up to the task and flogging the rest of the team to dust for the stretch drive.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada

Even more fun when he throws out line #4 with them for a faceoff in our own end.:)

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
There isn't a team in the league that can be taken lightly. Florida might be one point behind us with games in hand but they play in the East, meh.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Trotting out the first line for a defensive zone face off with 10 seconds to go vs San Jose sure worked out well.
;)

...definitely should have had the 4th line center for that draw, and that's no joke.

But watching the 4th line playing with Harrison-Stuart against the top lines of the Kings and Ducks is a special kind of torture...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad