Pre-Game Talk: Panthers vs Jets Jan 13 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
The Jets spent the night in California and won't arrive back home until this afternoon ( who made this schedule BTW) Florida flew in last night after beating Edmonton and are waiting here for us. They've been on a western Canada road swing. How funny is that we will be the team adjusting to the frigid weather?

So Hutch vs Monty?

Did everyone get out of Cali unscathed? (healthwise)

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
Yeah I'm kind of worried after witnessing all those grimacing faces on the bench, really hope someone didn't get injured. Panthers are doing pretty well for themselves and are on a winning streak right now.

Derfel*

I think Kane came back a game too early - needed to rest/recover from that injury longer. I wouldn't be surprised if you see him skip another few games soon due to "previous injury"...

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
are they practicing today? or a day off? have to figure either today or Wednesday is a day off to meet the new CBA

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Toby looks like he's holding up better than Kane and Bogosian on the early return front. Hope they're okay for tomorrow.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Watched the Panthers play the Oil yesterday.

They're a very beatable team. Luongo is very good so we need to hope we get Monty, although unlikely. Watch out for Bjugstad.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
This is a game we should have but we are just as good on the road as at home so I have kind of given up predicting what we should and shouldn't win now :laugh:.

"IF we get 3 points in the next 3 games then we will have achieved "6 in 5" over the stretch of LA/Ducks road B2B then Florida at home the Dallas/Chic road B2B. That would be a very nice accomplishment over that tough stretch of 5 games in 7 nights

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
think its time we give Buff the "C"

I don't think Buff is the captain sort really. I don't think he's really an "all star game" type of guy either - at least not in the sense of a guy who will go be the life of the party at the ASG. I get the impression that he's the sort of guy who really needs to get to know people before he can loosen up a bit.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
I think Kane came back a game too early - needed to rest/recover from that injury longer. I wouldn't be surprised if you see him skip another few games soon due to "previous injury"...

Great theory but Kane was out with an injured foot/ankle, and during the game yeseterday it looked like his arm/wrist that was bugging him. So it can't be the same injury he just missed time with.

Derfel*

Watched the Panthers play the Oil yesterday.

They're a very beatable team. Luongo is very good so we need to hope we get Monty, although unlikely. Watch out for Bjugstad.

Yeah, I don't see Montoya playing against the Jets.

Derfel*

Great theory but Kane was out with an injured foot/ankle, and during the game yeseterday it looked like his arm/wrist that was bugging him. So it can't be the same injury he just missed time with.

Could be the injury from last season maybe. But I just got the feeling he isn't 100%... not even 90% or 80%... so it was a risk playing him this weekend.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Is postma going to play over harrison? There's a reason he was a healthy scratch with carolina.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Will this game end by midnight? That was insane yesterday. I'm expecting a Jets loss as the Panthers are tough and Jets are still a bit blah even though they got 3 points out of that road-trip.

PS. Fell asleep at 3-1 and woke up for the shootout so I can't blame any particular goalie. OK I could but it wouldn't be fair.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Is postma going to play over harrison? There's a reason he was a healthy scratch with carolina.

I like Postma better too, but there's a reason he is a healthy scratch right now. He's been pretty bad too for the last moth or so. If Buff stays on D, he might not get back in for a while anyway once Trouba is back.

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
It's amazing how much my expectations have changed. If you had told me at the beginning of the season the Jets would pick up 3 of 4 points in LA and Anaheim on B2B nights... and I would be PO'ed at how it could have and should have been 4... I would have called you a liar.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Concerned about the game if only because the Jets don't seem to put away teams they are clearly better than: see: Arizona (who I also get to see this Sunday).

Putting my record on the line. It's really trending the wrong way....started 4-0-0 went to 4-0-2 and now sits at 4-2-2. On the bright side, Romang isn't in the building, so maybe that will be enough. :p:

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I don't think the Jets can sleep on the Panthers. If the Jets bring the Kings and Ducks efforts I think we should be ok, but any team can beat us if we play like we did against the Coyotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad