Pre-Game Talk: Panthers vs Jets Jan 13 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I don't think Buff is the captain sort really. I don't think he's really an "all star game" type of guy either - at least not in the sense of a guy who will go be the life of the party at the ASG. I get the impression that he's the sort of guy who really needs to get to know people before he can loosen up a bit.

Ya, definately not the captain "type". As for the AllStarGame, I just hope he doesn't hurt anyone ;) ..............well, actually I don't care.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I like Postma better too, but there's a reason he is a healthy scratch right now. He's been pretty bad too for the last moth or so. If Buff stays on D, he might not get back in for a while anyway once Trouba is back.

At his worst he (Postma) is better than Harrison.

You are right though. Once Trouba gets back Postma will sit. But Harrison really is bad.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I don't think the Jets can sleep on the Panthers. If the Jets bring the Kings and Ducks efforts I think we should be ok, but any team can beat us if we play like we did against the Coyotes.

Florida has just 1 point less than us in 3 fewer games. They can't be taken lightly.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg

You are right though. Once Trouba gets back Postma will sit. But Harrison really is bad.

Is he? Postma is awful too when he's not playing well. I can't really fault the coaching staff for sitting a guy not playing like an NHL defenseman. Even if it's for another guy you think falls into the same category.

He had a big opportunity to prove himself further and fell flat on his face. Granted he had a ****** partner too, but they both looked alright the first few months of the season. Hopefully he acquits himself better next time he gets in.

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
We win if we maintain a 1 goal lead heading into the third.

We lose if we maintain a multi goal lead heading into the third.

jamiebez

Apr 5, 2005
Ottawa
One home stop in 6 games, out of conference opponent, in between back-to-backs featuring 2 of the top teams in the league and 2 teams we are fighting for a playoff spot with.

If this isn't a trap game, I don't know what is! :amazed::cry:

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Anyone got a gif of that one crushing hit of Buff's last night? You knwo the one...I'd like to see that a few more times. :)

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
One home stop in 6 games, out of conference opponent, in between back-to-backs featuring 2 of the top teams in the league and 2 teams we are fighting for a playoff spot with.

If this isn't a trap game, I don't know what is! :amazed::cry:

See: Coyotes, Arizona; January 08, 2015.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Just another game on this road trip. They won't even unpack the luggage.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville

Becoming more and more obvious that Harrison was just a poor desperation fix. Its not like that was a surprise either, if the guy was a healthy scratch on a bad team like Carolina and he's next to over-the-hill, should we really have expected anything different.

Typical Chevy fix -- get someone off waivers or something for next to nothing.

I'm sure there were plenty of options out there where we could have got a pretty decent defenceman for a 2nd-4th pick, but now that's we've made the trade, it may be years before they are willing to admit to the mistake & before we can extract ourselves from the damage.

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
Becoming more and more obvious that Harrison was just a poor desperation fix. Its not like that was a surprise either, if the guy was a healthy scratch on a bad team like Carolina and he's next to over-the-hill, should we really have expected anything different.

Typical Chevy fix -- get someone off waivers or something for next to nothing.

I'm sure there were plenty of options out there where we could have got a pretty decent defenceman for a 2nd-4th pick, but now that's we've made the trade, it may be years before they are willing to admit to the mistake & before we can extract ourselves from the damage.
I agree with you on that fact (bolded), but disagree on your assessment of Chevy's reaction. We had 4 of our top Dmen out simultaneously, but expected them to start trickling back into the line-up "real soon now". We needed a warm body #7 Dman to fill in for a few games... period... end of story. Harrison fit the bill.

Now that the Dmen are starting to return, we've got a thread about who do we unload on defense? http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1800061 There's no point throwing away a 2nd-4th pick for a short-term rental.

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
Will this game end by midnight? That was insane yesterday. I'm expecting a Jets loss as the Panthers are tough and Jets are still a bit blah even though they got 3 points out of that road-trip.
Given that Sunday's game...
  • was 2 time zones later than Winnipeg
  • start was delayed approx 50 minutes for Teemu's ceremony
  • add another 10 minutes for overtime+shootout
...I expect Tuesday's game to end approximately 3 hours earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad