What would you have preferred?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Any word on when training camp starts officially?
My guess is only that when they announce its start, we’ll also find out that Bolts and Bruins have already been practicing for weeks by using innovative deflationary legal appeals they picked up from Belichick and Brady.

Reactions: Cold Cat

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Guess that's fair to the top 4 seeded teams to get games in to shake the rust but also the risk of a star player getting injured after 3+ months off is bigger but every player is at risk after all.

Interesting they will re-seed the teams, takes away some knowing of the path to the Cup. Assumed they would push hard for 7 games for all 4 playoff rounds after losing a good chunk of revenue since March 12th.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I think it depends. Would be super cool (and almost zero chance to happen) playing them in the conference finals...

tenor-1.gif

Reactions: Vilam

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I read Jason Mirtles: How the NHL's summer schedule might become The New Normal.

If you have The Athletic, I would recommend it. Was a real good read. The article was packed with a lot of information . Here's some points from the article:
  • There'll be two exhibition games for every team
  • The latest date the NHL figures for the Stanley Cup to be awarded is four days before Canadian Thanksgiving, October 8th.
  • Training camps would start mid-December for next season, with the season starting on January 1st, an outdoor game.
  • If the NHL did a compressed schedule to try and catch up, they're looking at only shaving a month off next season. So this may be the new normal. Also with a January to August schedule next year, you would be avoiding majority of the NFL season, as well as NBA. The big start to the season in October would be avoided. NHL would now take more of a front seat in the ratings than before.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I read Jason Mirtles: How the NHL's summer schedule might become The New Normal.

If you have The Athletic, I would recommend it. Was a real good read. The article was packed with a lot of information . Here's some points from the article:
  • There'll be two exhibition games for every team
  • The latest date the NHL figures for the Stanley Cup to be awarded is four days before Canadian Thanksgiving, October 8th.
  • Training camps would start mid-December for next season, with the season starting on January 1st, an outdoor game.
  • If the NHL did a compressed schedule to try and catch up, they're looking at only shaving a month off next season. So this may be the new normal. Also with a January to August schedule next year, you would be avoiding majority of the NFL season, as well as NBA. The big start to the season in October would be avoided. NHL would now take more of a front seat in the ratings than before.

I think that’s a great plan. Also, makes the summers much more palatable when there was only baseball on.

IceKitties

Dec 31, 2017
Florida

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
You know, if the Panthers were ever going to win a cup, it would definitely be in an asterisk year. So I'm calling it now, Bob for Conn Smythe.
I agree...unfortunately if we don’t win it right now, I don’t think we ever** will.

** Ever is like a maple leafs “ever”

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC

Not sure what it's worth though to make those kind of previews. It's like making a review of the first game of a season based on what happened the season before.

But anyways...seems like it's going to be our offense against their defense and in a normal context I think that we wouldn't stand a chance. Before the season stopped, we were having some troubles offensively and it was predictable since teams tend to play better D later in the season. And you don't win 6-5 games in playoffs, you win 2-1, 3-2.

BUT, the first round round of these playoffs will sure feels a little bit like a new season and it could be at our advantage if the play is a little bit sloppy at first.

On the other hand, lack of leadership has been an issue with this team and I'm not sure if we can trust them to come as ready as they should be.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Not sure what it's worth though to make those kind of previews. It's like making a review of the first game of a season based on what happened the season before.

But anyways...seems like it's going to be our offense against their defense and in a normal context I think that we wouldn't stand a chance. Before the season stopped, we were having some troubles offensively and it was predictable since teams tend to play better D later in the season. And you don't win 6-5 games in playoffs, you win 2-1, 3-2.

BUT, the first round round of these playoffs will sure feels a little bit like a new season and it could be at our advantage if the play is a little bit sloppy at first.

On the other hand, lack of leadership has been an issue with this team and I'm not sure if we can trust them to come as ready as they should be.

Ya that's the coin flip and general makeup of the series for sure.
We lost all 3 games to them (2 of them were 1 goal games, other was 3-1 L) but both teams weren't lighting it on fire just before the shutdown as you said.
Usually scoring is up at the start of any year so that may help us as well.

I do agree with you, scoring goes down and teams need to win those 3-2, 2-1 type games but if we score first, we usually win and we have the better offense, that's my belief we can win the series. I think it's close to 70% or more every season, whoever scores first typically wins the game so that should be the focus for the Panthers.

Although they may get Pelech back, I think we're getting a healthy Barkov, Weegar and Bob as well.
I'd hope Dadonov was injured as well because he was disappearing big time when Barkov did.
Scoring and special teams vs defense, while goal-tending and fitness may be the x-factor in the end.
Either way, let's get some playoff hockey back and get some revenge on the Islanders.

Reactions: Cold Cat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad