Confirmed with Link: Panthers vs Islanders playoffs 2: Electric Boogaloo

What would you have preferred?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017

Starts at 22:45, Tallon's contract is up and they are waiting to see how Florida does before making a decision. Say hi to Eric Joyce again.

How will Q react to it if/when we get rid of his pal? I mean I'm not super-thrilled with him either at this moment but barring a total disaster of a season he's our couch for the next five years and this team really can't take any more drama (although what do I know, they always seem to surprise me... )

What are our other options aside from Tallon and Joyce? Clearly not Pronger since he's gone... Who else?

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
How will Q react to it if/when we get rid of his pal? I mean I'm not super-thrilled with him either at this moment but barring a total disaster of a season he's our couch for the next five years and this team really can't take any more drama (although what do I know, they always seem to surprise me... )

What are our other options aside from Tallon and Joyce? Clearly not Pronger since he's gone... Who else?

Chiarelli, Botterill, Texas West Instruments. How can we go wrong!

Reactions: MPGA

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Shawn Thornton?

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I have really no hopes for this team. As long as Matheson is not scratched we have no chance

Reactions: FrolikFan67

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I mean I think they need to let dads and hoff go either way. Just doing the math on dads, hoff, boyle, Pysyk, and haula (all of our ufa’s), that frees up 15.61 mil. Factor in the increase to darlings buyout, we have 14.51 mil to work with.

we need to resign Weegar who, depending on the term, could be looking at 3.5 to 4+ (I mean if matheson got his contract with barely showing anything I’m sure weegar’s camp wants something reasonable close in aav considering he’s proven more...imo).

that leaves us with 10-11 mil. We need a second line center so we’ll probably resign haula, probably around 3.5-4.5, and say we resign just Dadonov, even if he came in around 6 or 6.5, I think he could get 7 somewhere potentially (term being the more important factor at 31yrs old). Haula and dads combined will eat up the remaining amount.

and that doesn’t include Tippett and Denisenko both coming in and then resigning our rfa’s to slight increases.

if they can move Yandle or matheson with minimal retention or little money coming back then that’ll definitely help. But you won’t be able to change much on D with the money we’d have left.

and this doesn’t even account for the allegations of reducing salary (which I don’t believe...yet)

Why are we getting rid of Weegar....

;)

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012

Do gm’s have performance bonuses too? If not, they should. Ex: 2mil but you get 7mil overall if they make the playoffs, or something like that

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Not sure I’d want that. Guy sells the farm to make playoffs gets his check and bails.
I guess in most cases it wouldn’t be necessary I suppose. Most places where you’re there for 10 years, make the playoffs only twice (possibly 3 if we’re talking the round of 16 this year) and haven’t gotten past the first round, most places would do it the old fashion way and fire the guy. But not us :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad