Confirmed with Link: Panthers vs Islanders playoffs 2: Electric Boogaloo

What would you have preferred?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Feels good to make a hockey thread. Another successful season in Florida :sarcasm:

unknown-3.png

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I don't think this play-in will count for stats so technically not a playoff series, but better odds than finishing the season and a chance to get revenge #TrocheckWasTripped

I like the matchup on paper a lot but Florida needs to play a lot better than they did all season. Healthy Barkov, long layoff, flip a coin

Fern111

Dec 20, 2015
Like............... I want to be happy but also going against both the Islanders and Tampa potentially feels Too-Good-To-Be-True so yeah erm, I'm not going to hype myself up too much for this. It's basically going to be a total crapshoot no matter what happens so let's hope we get lucky and the guys stayed in shape.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Thankfully were not a team that starts there "season" slow :laugh:

Reactions: iam76

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
A healthy Barkov could make a world of difference. Cats in 4.

horse bodychecks woman.gif

Barkov vs his ex-GF's parents quarantining him when he hears playoffs is back on.
Was she actually flapping her arms like a bird here and then she even lowers her head.
Barkov gotta do some heavy...heavy lifting for us here.

Can't measure how much better this team performs when he is at his healthiest/best.
If Bob has any hope of altering the first year review here, this is the time.
Glad Weegar has had some time off, feel he needed a couple months to recover from his head injuries.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
View attachment 347259

Barkov vs his ex-GF's parents quarantining him when he hears playoffs is back on.
Was she actually flapping her arms like a bird here and then she even lowers her head.
Barkov gotta do some heavy...heavy lifting for us here.

Can't measure how much better this team performs when he is at his healthiest/best.
If Bob has any hope of altering the first year review here, this is the time.
Glad Weegar has had some time off, feel he needed a couple months to recover from his head injuries.

lmfao that gif

IceKitties

Dec 31, 2017
Florida
LET'S GO BOYS

Kinda wonder if the defensive style of the Isles won't be as prevalent in this series since they've had so much time off to throw off their rhythm.

Also, LOL at Toronto running into Boston again (if they beat Columbus)

Reactions: iam76

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
LET'S GO BOYS

Kinda wonder if the defensive style of the Isles won't be as prevalent in this series since they've had so much time off to throw off their rhythm.

Also, LOL at Toronto running into Boston again (if they beat Columbus)

Isles really had trouble scoring.. Should be interesting...

And Leafs meeting Boston is funny. Just like every hockey fan wanted

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
Honestly, the first round or two is gonna come down to who kept in the best shape.

True,

And I don't think that it's going to give us any advantage.

Lack of leadership has been a big issue for this team. Who's going to get the guys going? Who has kept in touch with the guys during the last 2 months to make sure that everybody would be ready for a come back?

They'll come out of shape and unprepared IMO.

I'm expecting Barkov to be ready though. But it's not going to be enough. NYI in 4 (in a best of 5).

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
It’ll be a new season and Barkov will be scoring, Yandle will be hitting and Bob will be stopping.

(Barky with a new gf, Yandle with the bong, Bob with the contract extension.)

Reactions: MPGA

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
to me this will also be a huge test for coach Q. He'll be going up against Trotz, we'll see who has the better prepared team. I have faith in the stache

Reactions: Cold Cat

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
to me this will also be a huge test for coach Q. He'll be going up against Trotz, we'll see who has the better prepared team. I have faith in the stache

Trotz's magic has kinda worn off since last year. There's only so much he can do with the limited talent on that team, though.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Trotz's magic has kinda worn off since last year. There's only so much he can do with the limited talent on that team, though.

Many this will be like 8-D chess between these two coaches.

I think it comes down to Bob. If 10 million dollar Bob comes out, I'm pumped to see how far we go. We will have a healthy top 4 in Ek-Weegs/Still-Stral. The top pair has been strong when healthy. We need to figure out who is the #6 defenseman dangit; I hope Matheson's wife has been putting him through training each day off ;)

One wild card not brought up: Acciari has been banged up a lot this year (see how many times he has sat out practices), so the time-off should have been good for him.

Papa044

Aug 2, 2005
Miami, FL
Probably best case scenario we could’ve asked for. Panthers should be able to take care of isles. Tampa on the other hand, not so optimistic about that one

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Many this will be like 8-D chess between these two coaches.

I think it comes down to Bob. If 10 million dollar Bob comes out, I'm pumped to see how far we go. We will have a healthy top 4 in Ek-Weegs/Still-Stral. The top pair has been strong when healthy. We need to figure out who is the #6 defenseman dangit; I hope Matheson's wife has been putting him through training each day off ;)

One wild card not brought up: Acciari has been banged up a lot this year (see how many times he has sat out practices), so the time-off should have been good for him.

I didn't know that about Acciari, that's good to know.

If Matheson comes out as Bad Math, it puts a damper on our chances of winning the series. If he comes out as High Math, we should take this series easily. Q has to have some kind of talk with him in camp. He can turn around his career in this series.

Reactions: violaswallet

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015

Play-in doesnt count as a playoff series so they arent in yet. There is no better matchup than the Islanders, imagine playing Carolina or Lumbus, would be a beatdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad