Confirmed with Link: Panthers vs Islanders playoffs 2: Electric Boogaloo

What would you have preferred?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
If they start greiss every game, we’ll get swept.

here’s hoping that matheson comes alive (and would help his trade value in the offseason), Yandle too, and bobrovsky learned how to make saves. Don’t assume it’ll be a cake walk, the islanders can turn on at any point, here’s hoping we have some revenge from last time.

Last edited:

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

Makes sense for both, Tampa wants to avoid another upset playing a team that will have just shaken off the rust and the Canes are facing the hottest team in the league

Vilam

#Catlantic
Feb 8, 2012
San Francisco

Play-in doesnt count as a playoff series so they arent in yet. There is no better matchup than the Islanders, imagine playing Carolina or Lumbus, would be a beatdown

It's a series against the same opponent, where one team advances, and the other team's season is done. They can call it whatever they want, but that sure sounds like the playoffs to me.

Reactions: Boothinator

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I didn't know that about Acciari, that's good to know.

If Matheson comes out as Bad Math, it puts a damper on our chances of winning the series. If he comes out as High Math, we should take this series easily. Q has to have some kind of talk with him in camp. He can turn around his career in this series.
Yep. I noticed that Acciari would take noticably more maintenance days; makes sense with his style of play.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
One good thing is in addition to Barkov being healthy, Boyle will be back too.

It's a series against the same opponent, where one team advances, and the other team's season is done. They can call it whatever they want, but that sure sounds like the playoffs to me.
I disagree (maybe I just don't want to bailout Tallon as this is a big break for Florida). If the games don't count as playoff games, to me it just seems an equitable way for 2 teams on the edge to decide who gets in instead of playing out the last 13 games.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
One good thing is in addition to Barkov being healthy, Boyle will be back too.

I disagree (maybe I just don't want to bailout Tallon as this is a big break for Florida). If the games don't count as playoff games, to me it just seems an equitable way for 2 teams on the edge to decide who gets in instead of playing out the last 13 games.
Has anyone confirmed if BOyle is coming back. My prior is that he might not with his cancer history...

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Barkov and Huby needs to show up this time around when it matters.

We have a better offense they defense, goalie matchup is key, if bob shows up this series is ours in 4.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

It's not, it's a play-in. Just like two teams would have in baseball to decide a playoff spot. This is to trim the teams down to 16 for the playoffs.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009

Play-in doesnt count as a playoff series so they arent in yet. There is no better matchup than the Islanders, imagine playing Carolina or Lumbus, would be a beatdown

Well, technically would be playoffs with only 4 seeds then . Doesn't really make sense

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I don't think this play-in will count for stats so technically not a playoff series, but better odds than finishing the season and a chance to get revenge #TrocheckWasTripped
We'll see, Liiga does a best of three play-in for the last 2 spots (#7 vs. #10, #8 vs. #9) and they count the stats from those teams.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
We'll see, Liiga does a best of three play-in for the last 2 spots (#7 vs. #10, #8 vs. #9) and they count the stats from those teams.
Lebruns tweet seems to indicate they wont? Idk we will see I suppose. Like Tampa will play Boston, philly the Caps etc for exhibition purposes to get rid of the rust, I wouldnt expect those to count for anything

Haven't followed any hockey related stuff for a month plus now, anyone know when this would start if it starts?
Mid to late July

Reactions: Kellyr

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Has anyone confirmed if BOyle is coming back. My prior is that he might not with his cancer history...

Why wouldn’t he come back? He was just out due to injury, no? Unless his cancer history makes him more vulnerable to COVID? Not sure though

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Why wouldn’t he come back? He was just out due to injury, no? Unless his cancer history makes him more vulnerable to COVID? Not sure though

I'm in NYC and he was brought up as an example in the Post: https://nypost.com/2020/04/25/nhl-coronavirus-restart-plans-intensify-new-host-cities-emerge/

Brian Boyle, of course, was diagnosed with chronic myeloid leukemia in 2017. He has been in full remission since October 2018 but may face a higher risk than the general playing population. There are other players with auto-immune issues. This is a topic on the PA’s list that must be addressed.

With his son's problems, I could see them being careful

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Lebruns tweet seems to indicate they wont? Idk we will see I suppose. Like Tampa will play Boston, philly the Caps etc for exhibition purposes to get rid of the rust, I wouldnt expect those to count for anything
Yeah, I don't expect them to count it (potential to mess up records, like goalie wins), but just pointing out how it's been done in the past. Liiga obviously isn't continuing and half the teams are probably bankrupt (my team included) by the time this is all done.

I couldn't remember who it was and what year, but there was someone pretty close to the Liiga playoffs scoring lead during the final, despite that player not making it past the first round lol (Liiga has used this playoff format since the 2007-08 season). His team had played the full 3 play-in games and a 7 game series IIRC.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Reading the Islanders board

xrmUt8p.png

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
I expect the quality of hockey in this series to be pretty poor tbh. I'm happy we are getting an extra 3-5 games this season but I'm not holding my breath that this team can come together to do anything meaningful.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
It'll be fun to watch, but it's definitely gonna be watered down.

The last game everyone played was what, 9 weeks ago? You can have a 3 week training camp but it's nowhere near the same as game shape.

What will be amazing though is how many games will be on. I'd expect, if they're only gonna have select locations, games all day. 1pm, 4pm, 7pm, etc.

Reactions: PanthersHockey1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad