Friedman: Panthers trying to trade Keith Yandle

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
yandle makes less in real $ than his cap hit, which probably makes jacobs tingly in
weird places. but even dumping moore+, it seems unlikely. b's will roll with the young
kids on the left side and see how it goes.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
I mean, I guess it goes with the off season motif of smaller market teams trying to dump salary. Yandle is an odd one, because for what he brings, he's in line with what his peers are making. It's the years left and age that make it a tougher buy. That said, I start the bidding at a first, then whoever is the highest bid after that. First and a near ready defence prospect maybe?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
yandle makes less in real $ than his cap hit, which probably makes jacobs tingly in
weird places. but even dumping moore+, it seems unlikely. b's will roll with the young
kids on the left side and see how it goes.
We’ve been hoping Loui Erickson making way less in real dollars than his cap hit (1 million owed, while counting 6 on the cap for this season) would help get him traded too. Maybe FLA can get Yandle to retire, and move him to a management job?

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
For his point totals and pp ability, yes his cap hit isn’t bad, it’s the fact he’s not a good defender that hurts the team though and that’s why they would like to move him. Along with the fact he still makes 6.35per for another 3yrs and would like those dollars available for other players they may target in the future.

I highly doubt they’re legitimately threatening to end his streak. But more so hoping that adding more bodies like this and showing that they’re going in a different direction with Ekblad on the top pp unit and even other players on the 2PP unit, more like “we know you have that streak, but we can’t necessarily guarantee you’ll play every game, we have younger guys we’d like to try and I cant guarantee when or how much ice time you’ll get”. More or less something along those lines. And hopefully if the streak is that important, he’ll be willing to waive to go somewhere that wants him more

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
I bet Yandle played half the season injured. Insisted on playing through it to protect his streak against the advice of the team. Sucked and they felt it burned the team.

They feel like he jeopardized the team for the sake of his streak, so now they don't mind using his streak against him.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Something around Goligoski or Kessel for Yandle makes sense. Doan just became apart of Yotes mgmt and loves Yandle.

Goligoski for Yandle+2nd or retention? Goligoski is owed 4M this year and is then off the books. Looks like Yandle is owed 2.75M assuming his signing bonus has been paid, then 5.25M and 5.2M.

Or Kessel straight up for Yandle.

Reactions: Dread Clawz

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Something around Goligoski or Kessel for Yandle makes sense. Doan just became apart of Yotes mgmt and loves Yandle.

Goligoski for Yandle+2nd or retention? Goligoski is owed 4M this year and is then off the books. Looks like Yandle is owed 2.75M assuming his signing bonus has been paid, then 5.25M and 5.2M.

Or Kessel straight up for Yandle.
Kessel for Yandle is the fairest trade I can think of! Florida gets out of a year and can use Kessel on 2PP. I think someone earlier proposed something like
Random player +Kessel for Yandle and Connolly which I think is fair!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad