Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ Stars - SUSPENDED

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Yeah, sure, I mean a large sample of crappy teams that nobody wants to see.
Consistently putting out successful teams and nobody shows up to see them? Nope, there's no large sample of that.
People don’t show up to the games. People don’t care about the gong show that got it to that point.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Well, that's an underwhelming end to the season. My best guess is they're going to roll with teams currently in a playoff spot and start the playoffs when league play resumes.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Well, that's an underwhelming end to the season. My best guess is they're going to roll with teams currently in a playoff spot and start the playoffs when league play resumes.
That's one option, the other being discussed is an expanded 20 or 22 team playoff (which would include Florida). But I think the most likely thing is the 2020 season is over and we start fresh in October.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
That's one option, the other being discussed is an expanded 20 or 22 team playoff (which would include Florida). But I think the most likely thing is the 2020 season is over and we start fresh in October.
I think it would be smart for the league to include teams who are essentially in the hunt to compete in playoffs. That way the whining and moaning would be minimal. And you think the season is over for us or every team in 2020? So no playoffs for anyone?

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I think it would be smart for the league to include teams who are essentially in the hunt to compete in playoffs. That way the whining and moaning would be minimal. And you think the season is over for us or every team in 2020? So no playoffs for anyone?

My guess is Season over no PO or how could you decide now who should be in the PO and who not, special in the West where Wildcard Teams have the same Amount of Points.
When they are not allowed to play, then i guess they also forbidden Practice. What would have the same risk and that is Offseason.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
My guess is Season over no PO or how could you decide now who should be in the PO and who not, special in the West where Wildcard Teams have the same Amount of Points.
When they are not allowed to play, then i guess they also forbidden Practice. What would have the same risk and that is Offseason.
I just can’t see the nhl saying alright boys you played 70 games no one made it congratulations. They should just do a bigger version of playoffs. Then everyone is happy.

Reactions: Boothinator

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I would say season over for everyone, I think this is gonna get bad. If it's not, obviously a 22 team playoff is more fair but rink availability may make this impossible.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
you're all wrong. world is ending, no more seasons ever and we will officially go down as the worst team in NHL history past, present, and future.

Oh and Yandle doesn't get to be the all-time iron man, so there is some solace in that

Reactions: panthersdu67

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I just can’t see the nhl saying alright boys you played 70 games no one made it congratulations. They should just do a bigger version of playoffs. Then everyone is happy.
Yeah, I agree, I don’t think they’ve tossed in the white towel quite yet. If (could be a pretty large if) this things starts to wind down so that about 30 days would do it, they’ll probably come up with an abbreviated proposal.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Maybe an extended wild card period for those deemed in the hunt, and then playoffs.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
TSN did mention today that after a break, if the season resumes, possibly there would still be a full playoff, with the shortened regular season next year.

It's all speculation at this point though.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I would vote for finishing the year late and shortening next season...

We were on the brink of our annual run to finish 9th in the conference :laugh:

In all seriousness, I wouldn't want all the work everyone involved with the league put into the season to be a waste. This is really incredible, if you would've told me after our last win that the entire season would be suspended and we wouldn't know when the Cats would play another game I would've called you insane - but I also haven't really been following this coronavirus story as much as some others.

As frustrating as this season has been, I'm going to miss Florida Panther hockey real bad if we truly are done until October...

Reactions: klabob

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I would vote for finishing the year late and shortening next season...

We were on the brink of our annual run to finish 9th in the conference :laugh:

In all seriousness, I wouldn't want all the work everyone involved with the league put into the season to be a waste. This is really incredible, if you would've told me after our last win that the entire season would be suspended and we wouldn't know when the Cats would play another game I would've called you insane - but I also haven't really been following this coronavirus story as much as some others.

As frustrating as this season has been, I'm going to miss Florida Panther hockey real bad if we truly are done until October...

That would be place Sports over Human or personal healthyness. I personal wouldnt go that far, that would demolish human Life and human been as itself.

We have a least 3 Weeks more to play after the Break then we are end of April begining May Season ends then Middle of July. Draft and FA Time will be then in August or straight after the Season. Offseason would be then August-October small rest or start later on then Beginning would be at November.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany

When Teams who are in the PO current have a bad start and a L5-10 Looseing streak missing the PO, is this fair this. No matter how you decide to count this Season, afterwards some teams will be unhappy otheronce will be happy. But you can await that everything runs regular after 30 Days off.

If you end now after 70 Games with no Cup the best Teams will complain. If you play on and teams who would current in the PO and drop out then will be complain.

And a Bigger PO version means a real long Season and the TV Time could overlap with Olympic Games and you get no Airtime vs. Olympic Games.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
This is going to suck. There's no way around it. The least sucky scenario IMO is if they were safe to play some games after a month, somehow. The problem specifically for us is how does this affect the future of this franchise. We know how important making the playoffs this season was. Now everything's up in the air, to a much lesser extent the specific players and their futures with this franchise.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
This is going to suck. There's no way around it. The least sucky scenario IMO is if they were safe to play some games after a month, somehow. The problem specifically for us is how does this affect the future of this franchise. We know how important making the playoffs this season was. Now everything's up in the air, to a much lesser extent the specific players and their futures with this franchise.

My prediction is at least one of Barky or Huby peaces out via UFA, triggering yet another rebuild. They just haven’t seen enough success in South Florida to continue toiling away their careers.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Yeah but how about the other teams? Bruins, Blues, Vegas, Tampa? Philly is finally having a good run...their fans must be pretty upset.

If the season returns, maybe Barky will be healed in his joints and Hubie will be healed in his head. And how about Tro? It must be a weird dream for him...”hey guys, you’ll never believe this, I dreamt that I was traded to the Divers...”

Reactions: Kellyr and Cold Cat

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3