Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ Stars - SUSPENDED

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I'd be happy with at least 1 point in Dallas. They've been losing a lot lately and will likely come out flying, Cats need to at least squeeze a point out of the game.

Reactions: harv33173

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
GR doing a live chat on The Athletic. I'll try and provide the more interesting tidbits on this post

- Bob: Likely groin injury due to the type of drills he's taking. Should be good to go soon. No idea about what will happen in the future regarding him. Agrees that the D does look better when playing in front of Dreidger

- Hoffman: Dale said they've had the conversations and both parties are interested in a return.

- $10 million slash rumor: May happen organically due to the number of young players fighting for spots next season on ELCs. Don't look much into it beyond that.

- Barkov: He definitely seemed to hurt his knee back on Feb 1st against Habs. Could still be bothering him, but Sasha swears he's fine.

- Offseason changes: If we miss playoffs, he's speculating there will be changes. Still long way from being over (his words)

- Coronavirus concerns: Regardless of Broward being in state of emergency, its preemptive and nothing has been discussed yet about affecting games at Sunrise as of now.

- Stillman Status: Unknown. Didn't practice yesterday, might not be on trip.

- Prospects: Still high on Borgstrom, might be up next season depending on factors. Hepo has had a hard time adjusting this year. Denisenko could be up next year. Tippett definitely will start with the team barring injuries.

- Dreidger: He is the starter right now *as long as he keeps winning*. Q likes him.

- Interesting note regarding next season: GR believes there will be changes next season regardless if playoffs happen or not. If we make it to the finals, then maybe less changes. Expect a slightly different look next year.

- Matheson/Yandle being moved: Thinks Matheson's defensive game has been improved lately and has been working hard at it. No response on Yandle.

- Trocheck: Minnesota was sniffing, but unknown if anything got past initial stages for a deal.

Final EDIT: That's pretty much it. Have to get back to work now lol

Last edited:

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
- Matheson/Yandle being moved: Thinks his defensive game has been improved lately and has been working hard at it. No response on Yandle.
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

giphy.gif

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
- Interesting note regarding next season: GR believes there will be changes next season regardless if playoffs happen or not. If we make it to the finals, then maybe less changes. Expect a slightly different look next year.
Hopefully that starts in the AHL, Kinnear/Joyce have made it a black hole for young talent. I fully expect Pronger to be more or less GM next year though.

- Matheson/Yandle being moved: Thinks Matheson's defensive game has been improved lately and has been working hard at it. No response on Yandle.

Yeah I think Yandle is as good as gone. I don't think Q has ever trusted him outside the first few games of the season.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
There's no way you don't move Yandle if you can move him. He's been dreadful. I don't think anyone on Earth will be surprised when they politely ask him if he'd be open to waiving his NMC and then start desperately phoning teams to try to find anyone who will take him.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Would be nice if our 1st line showed up.

I wanna see Saarela get some more PP time. He's looking like Dadonov, back when Dadonov was good.

The final tweet I put on the original post for some reason didn't copy. Paraphrasing, Judge said Saarela has the best wrist shot he's ever seen.

GR doing a live chat on The Athletic. I'll try and provide the more interesting tidbits on this post

- Bob: Likely groin injury due to the type of drills he's taking. Should be good to go soon. No idea about what will happen in the future regarding him. Agrees that the D does look better when playing in front of Dreidger

- Hoffman: Dale said they've had the conversations and both parties are interested in a return.

- $10 million slash rumor: May happen organically due to the number of young players fighting for spots next season on ELCs. Don't look much into it beyond that.

- Barkov: He definitely seemed to hurt his knee back on Feb 1st against Habs. Could still be bothering him, but Sasha swears he's fine.

- Offseason changes: If we miss playoffs, he's speculating there will be changes. Still long way from being over (his words)

- Coronavirus concerns: Regardless of Broward being in state of emergency, its preemptive and nothing has been discussed yet about affecting games at Sunrise as of now.

- Prospects: Still high on Borgstrom, might be up next season depending on factors. Hepo has had a hard time adjusting this year. Denisenko could be up next year. Tippett definitely will start with the team barring injuries.

- Dreidger: He is the starter right now *as long as he keeps winning*. Q likes him.

- Trocheck: Minnesota was sniffing, but unknown if anything got past initial stages for a deal.

I totally forgot this was happening, and just caught enough to get the last question in about Lu's speech being directed at his former teammates.

GR said they were surprised that he took the time to turn around and direct a speech towards them. Thinks of it as a positive.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Also from the tweets before last game @ St Louis, I would expect Boyle to make his return tomorrow night @ Dallas.

Also, he didn't think Boyle will be in the lineup tomorrow, because Q doesn't want to mess with a winning lineup.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
The 10 million dollar slash is worrying me a little, but it is kind of true that we will have Tippett and maybe Borg taking two roster spots so I guess it’s not the end all be all. On top of that we will have cash at the deadline if we’re in it, so probably not a huge deal.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
The 10 million dollar slash is worrying me a little, but it is kind of true that we will have Tippett and maybe Borg taking two roster spots so I guess it’s not the end all be all. On top of that we will have cash at the deadline if we’re in it, so probably not a huge deal.

Not bringing back one of Hoff/Dads, Boyle and possibly Haula is almost $10mil right there.

Borg replaces Haula. Tippett replaces a wing.

Hopefully Weegar doesn't ask too much, and Pysyk if they want to bring him back as a bottom 6 forward.

Reactions: blinky67

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Yeah I think Yandle is as good as gone. I don't think Q has ever trusted him outside the first few games of the season.
There's no way you don't move Yandle if you can move him. He's been dreadful. I don't think anyone on Earth will be surprised when they politely ask him if he'd be open to waiving his NMC and then start desperately phoning teams to try to find anyone who will take him.

I already have a deal in place with Arizona. Yandle for Stepan who fills the #2C role next year. He's also playing for a new deal so we should expect him to rebound.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00