Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ Stars - SUSPENDED

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Man, C’mon. Fans won’t show up to watch that team no matter what their record is. It’s a fact at this point.
How can you know that? This team has a 16% playoff conversion rate. Even Jesus Christ would have a hard time watching this.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Man, C’mon. Fans won’t show up to watch that team no matter what their record is. It’s a fact at this point.

LOL as bad as this team has been for so long why would anybody come and watch them? What exactly have the Panthers done on the ice to warrant a full house?

I was listening to Sirius the other day and a Chicago fan called in to say he was getting rid of his seats because the team is bad and not getting better. They’ve won 3 Stanley Cups in the last 10 years and people are ready to bail on season seats because they’ve missed the playoffs 3 years in a row.

So give me a break about how fans won’t show up here when this team hasn’t won a playoff round in 25 years and has been to the playoffs 5 times in 26 seasons. It literally blows my mind when people complain about attendance here when the team has been so bad.

Reactions: I am not exposed

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Email from the Panthers:

[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Territory Members, you are likely seeing headlines regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and we would like to take a moment to update you as it relates to the Florida Panthers Hockey Club and BB&T Center.
We are continuing to monitor the impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) on South Florida. In constant communication with the City of Sunrise, Broward County and the National Hockey League, we are closely following all Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and Florida Department of Health (FDOH) updates and developing information.
Saturday’s New Jersey Devils at Florida Panthers game will go on as scheduled and we intend to take every precaution for a safe environment at BB&T Center for all guests and staff.
As an arena and a company, we always take the health wellness and safety of our guests as a priority. The building is held to very high cleanliness standards and we are actively taking additional precautions and steps to ensure guest wellness.
Additional measures taken by BB&T Center include:
  • Additional hand sanitizing stations located throughout the arena
  • Additional cleaning staff and enhanced staff resources focused on pro-active, anti-bacterial measures for stopping the spread of germs in high-traffic areas during all events
  • Additional deep cleanings of the arena regularly conducted following each event
  • Additional hygiene guidance posted throughout arena common areas
  • Single serve condiments and additional health considerations at concession stands and all food areas
  • A switch to the use of individually packaged plasticware at all food services areas
Hygiene, hand washing and preventative measures are strongly encouraged for all of staff and guests. Those feeling symptomatic are encouraged to stay home. Please follow these additional precautions:
  • Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
  • Utilize hand sanitizing stations located around the arena and area
  • Avoid close contact with people who are sick
  • Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
Thank you for your support of the Florida Panthers and BB&T Center.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Email from the Panthers:

[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Territory Members, you are likely seeing headlines regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and we would like to take a moment to update you as it relates to the Florida Panthers Hockey Club and BB&T Center.
We are continuing to monitor the impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) on South Florida. In constant communication with the City of Sunrise, Broward County and the National Hockey League, we are closely following all Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and Florida Department of Health (FDOH) updates and developing information.
Saturday’s New Jersey Devils at Florida Panthers game will go on as scheduled and we intend to take every precaution for a safe environment at BB&T Center for all guests and staff.
As an arena and a company, we always take the health wellness and safety of our guests as a priority. The building is held to very high cleanliness standards and we are actively taking additional precautions and steps to ensure guest wellness.
Additional measures taken by BB&T Center include:
  • Additional hand sanitizing stations located throughout the arena
  • Additional cleaning staff and enhanced staff resources focused on pro-active, anti-bacterial measures for stopping the spread of germs in high-traffic areas during all events
  • Additional deep cleanings of the arena regularly conducted following each event
  • Additional hygiene guidance posted throughout arena common areas
  • Single serve condiments and additional health considerations at concession stands and all food areas
  • A switch to the use of individually packaged plasticware at all food services areas
Hygiene, hand washing and preventative measures are strongly encouraged for all of staff and guests. Those feeling symptomatic are encouraged to stay home. Please follow these additional precautions:
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

And make sure you go to the Baptist health booth and handle an iPad used by who knows how many people so you can get a cheesy giveaway. LOL

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Email from the Panthers:

[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Washing hands for some people is not a given...Sad but it is like it is

Avoiding close contact to people who are sick is also not working if someone is sitting right by my side. And for myself I wont go to a doctor because I am under the weather...But if they continue shutting down everything down here in Germany I could rather stay at home all week and all weekend long if I cant go out anyway.

And I mean, stopping to touch your eyes, nose, mouth is pretty much not working anyway

Crazy..So it just took a few days to reach all over the US...

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
LOL as bad as this team has been for so long why would anybody come and watch them? What exactly have the Panthers done on the ice to warrant a full house?

I was listening to Sirius the other day and a Chicago fan called in to say he was getting rid of his seats because the team is bad and not getting better. They’ve won 3 Stanley Cups in the last 10 years and people are ready to bail on season seats because they’ve missed the playoffs 3 years in a row.

So give me a break about how fans won’t show up here when this team hasn’t won a playoff round in 25 years and has been to the playoffs 5 times in 26 seasons. It literally blows my mind when people complain about attendance here when the team has been so bad.
Need fans to create an atmosphere. Can’t get those fans until they are a consistent winner. That’s been the story for the better part of the team’s existence. It is what it is at this point. People don’t go to their games.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I know because I've been watching this team for thirty years. I think there's a large enough sample size to draw that conclusion.
Yeah, sure, I mean a large sample of crappy teams that nobody wants to see.
Consistently putting out successful teams and nobody shows up to see them? Nope, there's no large sample of that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad