Confirmed with Link: Panthers sign Mark Letestu to a PTO

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
Letestu isn't that bad of a player.

He's more Colton Sceviour than Haley/MacKenzie. Wouldn't mind him sticking around as depth.

Secretly hoping it means we're working on a Bjugstad, McCann, 1st deal for Panarin. ;)

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Letestu isn't that bad of a player.

He's more Colton Sceviour than Haley/MacKenzie. Wouldn't mind him sticking around as depth.

Secretly hoping it means we're working on a Bjugstad, McCann, 1st deal for Panarin. ;)
He was terrible last year. If hes in the lineup for anyone but Dmac or Haley thats bad.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
He was terrible last year. If hes in the lineup for anyone but Dmac or Haley thats bad.

he wasn't "terrible" - just extremely misused. the oilers used him constantly on their 2nd line and gave him tons of PP time. thats not his role or even close to it. put sceviour in that role for an extended time and he'll look like garbage too. (yes I know he put up some points in his cup of coffee with barkov....that's why i said extended)

as a 4th liner he's effective. good at draws, good on the PK. he's better than mack or haley, and honestly, he'd make a better 4th liner than malgin, vatrano, mcginn, etc. if they don't secure a top-9 role. (and i like malgin and vatrano, but they're not good in their own zone)

i love mamin though, and don't want him blocked either. we'll see. letestu is a solid depth guy tho.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Hoffman-Barkov-Dadonov
Huberdeau-Trocheck-Bjugstad
McCann-Borgstrom-Vatrano
McGinn-Letestu-Sceviour
Malgin

Then trade Mac (wont happen)

That's where giving the C to Mackenzie hurts, I can't see them doing what they should to their Captain.

You'll push Mamin+Malgin+x out of the lineup for these vets way past their prime.
It's really important for Florida to have an improved bottom6 to not have to overplay Barkov& Trocheck like they did last year.

Haley- Mackenzie- Letestu in the mix is just asking for trouble.

Last edited:

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I don't mind if Borg goes to Springfield to learn but I really don't want to see Malgin go to Springfield because Letestu makes the squad. If Letestu can beat out Dmac, so be it.

-ghoste

Reactions: Ciccarelli22eh

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
I still think we have too many chefs in the kitchen with guys like Malgin and Mamin and Vatrano. Wouldn't be surprised if Dale pulls off another trade before start of the season.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
The only way Letestu gets signed is if he has a phenomenal camp or there's injuries. I dont see the downside here. If Letestu outplays Mamin or Malgin they deserve to get sent down

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Oh yeah and people who are bitching about the current state of the team and what it's missing, just remember we had Boyes playing on the top line and the likes of SOB trying to to skate with his wooden legs just a few years ago. Puts things nicely in perspective.

Reactions: 16Skippy

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Oh yeah and people who are *****ing about the current state of the team and what it's missing, just remember we had Boyes playing on the top line and the likes of SOB trying to to skate with his wooden legs just a few years ago. Puts things nicely in perspective.

Brad Boyes Brad Boyes, what you're gonna do when he comes looking for you!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad