BRUINS GDT ECSF GAME 3 7:11 PM - Sunrise @ BRUINS - TNT, truTV, MAX, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM - Series tied 1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Do you think the team has to fundamentally change the way they play to deal with the fact that every single playoffs the ice is garbage which fully benefits the dump and chase teams?

I hate having this team show up and pucks exploding off of sticks.

8 shots in two periods. Not a good effort at all and Zacha is regressing more and more each game.

I dont think the ice is the gating factor. Both teams are on it. I think they are spitting the bit.
Got the yips.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
The problem is there won't be because they overachieved so there's false hope

True, I just doubt it's gonna be this way. I never liked Sweeney, but this season nobody can blame him: no assets, no cap space, went all in last season etc.. So I believe there will be some pressure due to a much better cap situation next season.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I guess this is the point in the series where we say it’s not a big deal this team is pissing its pants because apparently they were just so fortunate to even play in the playoffs.

I mean we’ve watched great bruins teams lose to the objectively worse team multiple times but we shouldn’t expect our team to put up a fight
Sadly over the years the history is usually Bruins beat teams they should, Bruins lose to teams they should beat and the Bruins lose when they are underdog. Since 2017, when this new incarnation or management started making the play-offs they have only defeated one team they were ranked lower than and that was the Capitals in '22 I think?

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
I guess this is the point in the series where we say it’s not a big deal this team is pissing its pants because apparently they were just so fortunate to even play in the playoffs.

I mean we’ve watched great bruins teams lose to the objectively worse team multiple times but we shouldn’t expect our team to put up a fight
Yep. The 1992 Bruins were totally outmatched vs the Pens who went in to win the Cup. Totally outmatched and they got swept in that series. But that Bruins team had heart each game. I remember late in game 4 the fans giving them a standing ovation as they appreciated the effort and knew they were trying. Oh and they never had 8 shots in two periods……at home.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Pasta took a beating for this group of losers. I'm sick at home with a 102 temp, bronchitis, sinus infection hoping it's not pneumonia. Was hoping this would lift my spirits. The Bruins look more dead than I feel.
Hope you get well soon. Pasta, imho, has not performed as a top-shelf player in these PO's.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
I want the Bruins to just get in next year. 3rd in the division, wild card, who cares. Just be built to play when it counts in the playoffs. They need about 10 new faces next season to make that happen but I doubt are GM can pull that off….
Yeah they need TOP talent that have grit. Thats going to be hard to find. Rinheart (to tired to spell it right) would be good. Duclair I thought was one of Tampa's most consistent players in the playoffs. They just need more top end talent with grit. Its easy to find lower lines with that.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

troubbble

Apr 25, 2024
The saddest thing about this piss poor effort is seeing the few players who actually seem to want this having to share the ice with teammates who aren’t even trying.

Reactions: RiverbottomChuck

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
I thought Maroon saying that they needed to respond tonight meant something. He’s been as effective as any of the players in the press box tonight.

People will see the shift he carried the puck in and had a bit of a move to maintain possession as playing well, but once again his lack of speed leads to a total uselessness on the forecheck.

He bounced off Tkachuk like he was Gryz.

Even worse than the Bruins inability to transition the puck is the lack of forecheck. Cannot break down the defense and take advantage of Boston ice with zero forecheck. Again. Interference aside, the Bruins need to find a way.

Reactions: Bridges31

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
100%. I didn't even think they'd make the playoffs and they proved me wrong and then some.

This is a significantly overachieving team. This is on the GM for having 9 bottom-6 forwards in the lineup at any given time. They just don't have the offensive talent to match up against a team like this.

I really don't even think it's an effort thing. The Panthers have 8 great forwards, we have 2 1/2.
Sweeney and Neely have built Bruin teams that are well-suited to achieve during the regular season. They haven't been able to excel in the playoffs for years ('19 was a fluke because Washington and Tampa were eliminated for us).

Reactions: Bruinfanatic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad