Confirmed with Link: Panthers sign Dave Bolland (5x5.5)

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Bolland is a good player, its just that he has had his fair share of injuries, and that his contract is excessive.

It is what it is. I'll be supporting him, and hope he does well.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Is Ekblad included in 5? If not his contract will take about $3 million (if he plays ).

JOL

It's 925 k base though (which I counted). If you are referring to bonuses your bonus total can be up to 7.5% higher than the cap, with the penalty counting next year, which wouldn't matter with so much salary coming off the books after this season. I still think they'll be fine though.

Olsen, Guds, Pirri, and Hayes should all be cheap. Kulikov will be interesting.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
It's 925 k base though (which I counted). If you are referring to bonuses your bonus total can be up to 7.5% higher than the cap, with the penalty counting next year, which wouldn't matter with so much salary coming off the books after this season. I still think they'll be fine though.

Olsen, Guds, Pirri, and Hayes should all be cheap. Kulikov will be interesting.

I'm assuming max ELC for Ekblad so that is 3.

Pirri should be 3-3.5
Hayes probably 2
Olsen and Guds should be 1.5-2.

Possibly K Hayes as well so add 2-2.5 in cap hit (ELC). Kuli will be the wildcard but I see something like 4-4.5 cap hit for him.

We also will have one or more of Flash/Kopy/Upshall being traded and an addition or two left.

I'd say we'll be looking at 63-66 mill in payroll this year.

Erased

Jun 18, 2014

Pirri should be 3-3.5
Hayes probably 2

Possibly K Hayes as well so add 2-2.5 in cap hit (ELC). Kuli will be the wildcard but I see something like 4-4.5 cap hit for him.

We also will have one or more of Flash/Kopy/Upshall being traded and an addition or two left.

There is no way Jayes is paid more than Guds. I see Jayes around 1.5-2 and Guds around 2.5-3(kulikovs bridge was 2.5). Kulikov is 2 years away from UFA so either it will be a one year deal at around 4-5 or theyll try to lock him up mid-long term for between 3.5 and 4.5.

I think the max bonuses paid by a team for an ELC is 2.85 so Ekblad as a 1OA will likely take up 3.5ish.

It may also take some extra bonuses to swing Kayes away from Calgary.

We'll also have only 11 players on the roster after next year and will need to have room to re-sign Huberdeau Bjugstad and whoever else we'll need to fill out the roster.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL

Pirri should be 3-3.5
Hayes probably 2

what in the world has Pirri done at the NHL level to get $3+ mil? i expect him to sign for $1-1.5 at best and be happy that it's a 1-way deal.

Same with Hayes.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

Pirri should be 3-3.5
Hayes probably 2

You have Pirri at 3.5 and J Hayes at 2? Wut.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Yeah, there's absolutely no way Pirri is getting anything close to 3.5. He should be getting around 1.5-1.8 and Hayes should be 1-1.25.

Gudbranson will probably be around 2-2.5 and Kulikov could get anywhere from 3-4.

Erased

Jun 18, 2014
Yeah, there's absolutely no way Pirri is getting anything close to 3.5. He should be getting around 1.5-1.8 and Hayes should be 1-1.25.

Gudbranson will probably be around 2-2.5 and Kulikov could get anywhere from 3-4.

I can see Tallon overpaying Kulikov to make it a one year "prove it" deal before he hits free agency.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
mackinnon and yakupov are both .925, 2.850 with bonuses. ekblad will get the same.

kulikov will probably get 4-5yrs, 4.25-4.8 per.

i assume pirri gets 2yrs. first year 2way, 2nd year 1way. because after this year flash, upshall, kopecky, and bergenheim's (hopefully hes extended) contract will all be up, its a little crowded right now.

gudbranson will get a 2yr bridge im guessing, maybe around 2.5per like kulikov got.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
wow its crazy how everyone *****ing last year about the team looking disinterested and no heart or compete level then ***** that tallon brings in guys like bolland and values character too much... and no way pirri gets around 3... prob 1.5 and be happy to get top 6 minutes and pp time to probe he deserves more

Tyler Biggs*

Bolland shows he is nothing more then another GREEDY sports star. Hope he hears it from Leaf nation when he comes back.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

Pirri should be 3-3.5
Hayes probably 2

Holy overpayments. There's no way those players get that much, except for Guds.

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
My guess on the RFAcontracts

Ekblad 0,925M
Olsen 1M
Guds 2,5M
Kulikov 4M (might end up as a bridge deal aswell on something around 3,5M
Hayes 1M
Pirri 1,5M

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Bolland shows he is nothing more then another GREEDY sports star. Hope he hears it from Leaf nation when he comes back.

The "sports experts" up here in Canadaaaa think otherwise and Leafs are in trouble. Waste your energy on booing our 3rd line centre while Bjugstad and Barkov CARVE..... YOU...... UP!

Jan 19, 2006

If Leafs fans are booing, it means Bolland is being effective. Noone bothers booing an opposing player who stinks or is not playing due to injury.

The louder and more frequent the booing from the Leafs is, the happier Panthers fans will be.

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
The "sports experts" up here in Canadaaaa think otherwise and Leafs are in trouble. Waste your energy on booing our 3rd line centre while Bjugstad and Barkov CARVE..... YOU...... UP!

Lol, sports experts? Do you mean those guys on TV or something?
Leafs fan here in peace. I was honestly livid when they were willing to offer $5m a season for him. Just about everyone else on the Leafs board felt the same.

Bolland had a great start to the season. Since he's canadian, of course Don Cherry was all over him with the highlights during coach's corner. People who just watch for that soak that junk up. Then he got that freak injury, came back, and showed he had problems turning left while skating (not sure if he could even do it at all). So now we're at the point where it's "Okay Dave. We understand you're coming off a serious injury, how about signing a short 1 year deal to show you can regain form, and we'll throw the money at you when extension time comes around?"

IMO, that would've been the best idea. Sign him for 1 year at say $4.25, throw in some bonuses, and if he shows he's fine, enjoy your lucrative extension!

Instead, he takes the highest offer and jumps ship. That doesn't sit well with me. I think he knows something, and was just going to stay tight lipped about it.

The guy has only played one season of injury-free hockey, and is coming off a major injury.

It would've been nice to keep him around for another year at an affordable price to see where he's at, but he had other plans I guess. I hope he doesn't end up being a huge bust for you guys, but I don't think he's worth anywhere near $5.5 even without that tendon injury.

Last edited by a moderator:

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Lol, sports experts? Do you mean those guys on TV or something?
Leafs fan here in peace. I was honestly livid when they were willing to offer $5m a season for him. Just about everyone else on the Leafs board felt the same.

Bolland had a great start to the season. Since he's canadian, of course Don Cherry was all over him with the highlights during coach's corner. People who just watch for that soak that junk up. Then he got that freak injury, came back, and showed he had problems turning left while skating (not sure if he could even do it at all). So now we're at the point where it's "Okay Dave. We understand you're coming off a serious injury, how about signing a short 1 year deal to show you can regain form, and we'll throw the money at you when extension time comes around?"

IMO, that would've been the best idea. Sign him for 1 year at say $4.25, throw in some bonuses, and if he shows he's fine, enjoy your lucrative extension!

Instead, he takes the highest offer and jumps ship. That doesn't sit well with me. I think he knows something, and was just going to stay tight lipped about it.

The guy has only played one season of injury-free hockey, and is coming off a major injury.

It would've been nice to keep him around for another year at an affordable price to see where he's at, but he had other plans I guess. I hope he doesn't end up being a huge bust for you guys, but I don't think he's worth anywhere near $5.5 even without that tendon injury.

Welcome to the NHL, not NHL 14.

You can't just pick and choose the amounts and years you sign players for. Why wouldn't he take the best offer?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad