Post-Game Talk: Panthers Show The Strength Of Family: 5-1 Victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
They really had a problem with Lavi's 1-3-1 scheme, clogging up that neutral zone. I know they are super skilled, and think they can always walk around someone, and skate the puck in, but they can dump and chase too. They have the size and speed for it to work.

I dont understand why we have to overload our PP. We dont need every star on the 1st unit. And Ekblad QB'ng the PP is useless. He should be on one of the wings because of his slapper, just like TB with Stamkos, Ovie with Washington, etc. The PP and defensive pairings are really the only thing that Bruno does wrong. I think we'd be so much stronger on the blueline, if Chiarot was with Weegar or Ekblad, and Forsling was with the other. Give us that LD/RD duo in the top four, and spread the wealth a bit. But no, the Ekblad/Weegar duo had to get back together immediately, even though Weegar had great success with Forsling, when Ek was out.
Completely agree, the D pairings should spread the wealth like you said. It’s weird because Bruno is super willing to spread the wrath on offense… and it’s working… so why not on D too?

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Completely agree, the D pairings should spread the wealth like you said. It’s weird because Bruno is super willing to spread the wrath on offense… and it’s working… so why not on D too?

Chiarot - Ekblad
Forsling - Weegar
Montour - Gudas

Just makes so much more sense to me. LD/RD on the top two pairings, and Weegar seemed to play better when he was RD, when Ekblad was out.

Reactions: MaWa

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Chiarot - Ekblad
Forsling - Weegar
Montour - Gudas

Just makes so much more sense to me. LD/RD on the top two pairings, and Weegar seemed to play better when he was RD, when Ekblad was out.

Maybe Montour doesn’t want to play RD or something? There must be some reason Bruno never tried this.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
A much needed win. Big relief. They still have some things to work on IMO. It's a good sign that they still won the game. Hopefully they'll continue to improve. Because I know it's a few players that are capable of playing much better. This is the time to do it.

Reactions: Boothinator

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
Give me Mamin-Accari-Hornquist on the 4th line.
I think the 4th line last night was in the goldilocks zone. The perfect balance of violence and possession. Youre vastly underappreciating luostorainen if you think he should be benched for mamin

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Give me Mamin-Accari-Hornquist on the 4th line.

I think the 4th line last night was in the goldilocks zone. The perfect balance of violence and possession. Youre vastly underappreciating luostorainen if you think he should be benched for mamin

I think it's safe to say that we won't see Lomberg in the lineup tomorrow.

Reactions: austropanther

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
I think it's safe to say that we won't see Lomberg in the lineup tomorrow.
Lombo is done for this series except if somebody goes down with injury. Not his fault, he was not bad. But the other players are bigger, more experienced and better on the boards - exactly what we need right now.

His speed will be needed against other opponents than WSH

Reactions: Boothinator

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Lombo is done for this series except if somebody goes down with injury. Not his fault, he was not bad. But the other players are bigger, more experienced and better on the boards - exactly what we need right now.

His speed will be needed against other opponents than WSH
Say this series gets the 3-1. Wonder if we'll see Jumbo get a game in?

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Say this series gets the 3-1. Wonder if we'll see Jumbo get a game in?
Interesting take. I'd say yes, especially against WSH, more than the other EC teams. His game fits better. And who could be more pumped and be a better moral booster than him?

But it would also depend on how we lost games 3 and 4. If we performed well and were just unlucky or Bob screwed us, I'd not change the lineup necessarily.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Interesting take. I'd say yes, especially against WSH, more than the other EC teams. His game fits better. And who could be more pumped and be a better moral booster than him?

But it would also depend on how we lost games 3 and 4. If we performed well and were just unlucky or Bob screwed us, I'd not change the lineup necessarily.
:laugh: no I mean if the Panthers Get up 3 to 1.
I don't think is realistic that they'll be down 3-1.

Fern111

Dec 20, 2015
:laugh: no I mean if the Panthers Get up 3 to 1.
I don't think is realistic that they'll be down 3-1.
This is the Panthers, until they do it I'm going to be of the opinion that it's unrealistic that they get up 3-1 at any point in a series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad