Post-Game Talk: Panthers send Bergeron and krejci to retirement, beat the cocky Bruins and the refs, let's f***ing goooo

How does this game end?

• Panthers win the 2023 Toronto Maple Leaf respect in the handshake line award

Votes: 21 25.0%
  • Bruins take the crown of worst choke from the 2019 Lightning

Votes: 63 75.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Didn’t Tkachuk ask him if his whore hits him like that? If so why would you assume he was talking about Nosek’s wife?

The best thing about the whole thing is Tkachuk calling somebody a whore is awful but Nosek hitting Staal right in the face with an elbow is ok and the lesser of the offenses. We live in bizzaro world .
No, that’s not what my understanding was or what I heard. Google it, watch the video, it’s pretty audible. I’ll drop it, as it was another poster who commented on the incident and thought it was distasteful.

Last edited:

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
This series was such an amazing building block. I thought winning the series against the Caps last year was them taking that next step, but in hindsight, they didn't really take any steps back then. This is a big step.

i think they go together. the win vs the caps simply got the monkey off the org's back. the loss TBL was a bigger piece of the puzzle. that's where, as a player, you have to say to yourself "damn, this is harder than i thought" and have to decide if you're willing to pay the price to win the postseason.

you don't win tough series in the playoffs without first losing painfully.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
As wrong as I think it is to start this series tommorrow I think it should start Thursday or Friday… please can we talk a little Toronto hockey. I just heard a Toronto podcaster and he matched up each of our players. Please if one of our gurus here can give us your take on matchups etc etc.
I think he said is we should handle the physicality the leafs will try to impose and they will try to move Chucky away from the net but he also said that ain’t gonna happen. Same thing we heard Boston has the depth Toronto has the depth. Look throw away the metrics this is going to come down to precise on passes, speed and focus and effort to take those 20 foot shots with regularity. He says Toronto in 6 I say Panthers in 6.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
As wrong as I think it is to start this series tommorrow I think it should start Thursday or Friday… please can we talk a little Toronto hockey. I just heard a Toronto podcaster and he matched up each of our players. Please if one of our gurus here can give us your take on matchups etc etc.
I think he said is we should handle the physicality the leafs will try to impose and they will try to move Chucky away from the net but he also said that ain’t gonna happen. Same thing we heard Boston has the depth Toronto has the depth. Look throw away the metrics this is going to come down to precise on passes, speed and focus and effort to take those 20 foot shots with regularity. He says Toronto in 6 I say Panthers in 6.
If the Leafs wanna win it, they have to do it by game 6.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Guilty. I've talked about trading him for a dman since we have Reinhart and Lundell who can plug in at 2c going forward. I'm glad to be wrong, Bennett needs to stay.

Proud of you !

Been watching that man since his juniors days... If you give him a role and keep him happy, this guy is absolutely the pulse of your team.

Love Sam... Loved him during his draft-year, loved him when we traded for him and love him even more now that he had THAT playoffs with us.

He is also a f***ing gamer ! :P

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
If we're going to talk players who were not liked by fans, I don't think anyone needs to look much further than Bob.

I will post this video One More Time:

I'll eat crow on Bob later... I promise. But just not yet, or not today ! ;)

Another one we could talk about is the OTHER Sam ! Man, did he brought it the last few games... His pairing with Lundell is amazing when you give them a big body that can play !

Can't wait next round to see other heroes !

Reactions: Prominence Problem

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I also predict Panthers in six

The wait is killing me. They should've just scheduled the game for tonight.
I suggest Panther fans chill out tonight. Check out the Rangers win if you want to, but try and take your mind off of things. This is going to be a intense couple of weeks.
I'm going to take my mind out of it and watch baseball tonight.

Reactions: Gizmo Tkachuk

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
I also predict Panthers in six

I suggest Panther fans chill out tonight. Check out the Rangers win if you want to, but try and take your mind off of things. This is going to be a intense couple of weeks.
I'm going to take my mind out of it and watch baseball tonight.
Or the Devils. I definitely have no desire to see NYR continue.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
My thoughts about who I’d rather face in playoffs goes in two directions but both have the same conclusion.

One direction is to want the worse team, which by definition is the loser of the other series. Which obviously ain’t gonna happen, so therefore I don’t really care about who we face.

The other direction is to want the better matchup but that’s risky because lineups and approaches can be adjusted and then you got the worse one again. So I don’t care who we play because we always play the better one anyway.

Reactions: Anod

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
When I think of Bob, you know who I compare him to? Grant Fuhr.

Now Grant had his glove on the right hand, so a little difference there. Grant was really good with his glove. He flashed that thing regularly, but Bob has some electric pads, especially his right pad.
Grant didn't care about his numbers, as long as the team won. I get that same feeling from Bob.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013

Sometimes the narrative here is really off base from the results:

“Ekblad and Forsling were Florida’s best pair earning 60 percent of the expected goals while outscoring Boston 8-2 — with most of the damage being done against The Perfection Line. At five-on-five Florida was outscored 13-5 otherwise.”

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I'm watching the Toronto Blue Jays game, 3-2 toronto, top 6.
The game is in Boston. A place that is sold out a lot of times is almost half empty. It might be because it's a little cool tonight, but the announcers think it's because the city is in mourning.
First time I've ever heard on a Toronto Blue Jays broadcast them talk about the Florida Panthers. :heart:

Reactions: KW

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton

Sometimes the narrative here is really off base from the results:

“Ekblad and Forsling were Florida’s best pair earning 60 percent of the expected goals while outscoring Boston 8-2 — with most of the damage being done against The Perfection Line. At five-on-five Florida was outscored 13-5 otherwise.”
Another snippet
“It’s also worth noting that Aaron Ekblad, on the heels of a putrid regular season that featured him getting harassed by a U.S. Open (golf) champion from a luxury box, had himself an effective series against Boston. He was on the ice for eight Panthers goals and two by the Bruins, and his expected percentage of 55.43 was higher than the rest of his teammates. That’s indicative of the sort of positive change Florida experienced up and down the lineup. If it continues, they’ll continue to win games — though it should no longer be a surprise for anyone”

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Another snippet
“It’s also worth noting that Aaron Ekblad, on the heels of a putrid regular season that featured him getting harassed by a U.S. Open (golf) champion from a luxury box, had himself an effective series against Boston. He was on the ice for eight Panthers goals and two by the Bruins, and his expected percentage of 55.43 was higher than the rest of his teammates. That’s indicative of the sort of positive change Florida experienced up and down the lineup. If it continues, they’ll continue to win games — though it should no longer be a surprise for anyone”
But you defended him throughout what the writer essentially calls a dogshit season

richo

Mar 14, 2011
Bay Area
Proud of you !

Been watching that man since his juniors days... If you give him a role and keep him happy, this guy is absolutely the pulse of your team.

Love Sam... Loved him during his draft-year, loved him when we traded for him and love him even more now that he had THAT playoffs with us.

He is also a f***ing gamer ! :P
I love Bennett. This guy goes 100% all the time. He's the type of player I would always have on my team. He elevates those who play with him. Only downside, refs watch him too closely for penalties. Anything on the edge, they call it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad