GDT: Panthers @ Senators - 730pm - TSN5, RDS2. Blacked Panthered Out in Most Regions

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
I hate to dredge this up but I'd like to point out that what you've said here is very ironic after telling someone else to leave the board and post elsewhere because you didn't like their opinion.

And yet I explained my point in clear English. When loyalty to a player supercedes loyalty to a team, then why claim to prioritize the team when being happy when said player salts away the victory for his new team. Do you see my point?

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
And yet I explained my point in clear English. When loyalty to a player supercedes loyalty to a team, then why claim to prioritize the team when being happy when said player salts away the victory for his new team. Do you see my point?
Any other year, or in the playoffs, absolutely winning for the team comes first. In a season only about growth and the playoffs not being realistic, who cares?

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Dude, I've been a massive Hoffman fan since we drafted him and he's my favorite player in the league since he broke in. I wear 68 in hockey because of him. I think I'm allowed to cheer for him even against the Sens, and yes I did even enjoy him showing up management a little bit after they gave him away and threw him under the bus. Wins and losses are not what this seasons Senators are about either way, even the GM himself has said it's about growth not wins/losses, so I'll take some excitement from 68 in the interim thanks.

I’m not debating or criticizing your love for Hoffman. That’s your right as a hockey fan. The trade to ship him out was garbage on paper. Which would logically make you even angrier. That’s how I felt when we traded Spezza. Irrespective of his trade request. And Fisher before him. But I’ve never taken it to the extent of practically cheering when they score against the Sens later on, because for me the team comes first. Hard as it is. I agree, we aren’t “trying” to compete this year, but like it or not we have a promising group that’s showing some of that potential right now as we speak. And like it or not, winning games does bode well to a strong culture down the road. You don’t wanna go down the Edmonton route of a black hole where losing is acceptable and just rely on next year. You end up treading water. We also can’t afford to not compete to some degree given the fact it hinders our chances of re signing Duchene and Stone, which at this point looks promising, and I’d rather not be jeopardized because it truly believe that would set us back a very long way. Bottom line if you claim to be a fan of a given team, cheering when their scored against is pretty ignorant. But that said there’s nothing wrong with prioritizing a certain player, but at that point it’s only logical to cheer for the team he now plays on. I don’t attack anyone who jumped ship because Karlsson was their main/only reason of following the Sens.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa

That's fair but telling people to go away because they see things differently than you isnt a good look, is all I was saying.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
That's fair but telling people to go away because they see things differently than you isnt a good look, is all I was saying.

He can do whatever he wants. No one can stop him. He can tell me to eat shit. That’s his right. Doesn’t mean I’ll do it. I won’t be angry either, I’ll actually expect that kind or reaction to be honest.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Up until the game in Colorado.

First 9 games (with Stone) 10 points
Last 12 games (no Stone) 7 points

See I thought that they played together the game that Tkachuk got hurt , and Boucher liked what he'd seen, then, When Tkachuk came back, White played there. Now it seems he may be going back to that. If my recollection is correct..; since Stone always played with Stone pre Tkachuk getting hurt; Tierney did not .

Mark Stone TOI
with without
60:36230:57
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Tierney has more TOI with Ryan, Dzingel, and Boedker than Stone

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Tierny has been fantastic at getting points this year without doing much, I personally haven't been very impressed with his game, not that that means anything.

I'm not a big fan of him, as a #3 he is perfectly fine. anything other than that over a full season I wouldn't have much faith.

This team has a lot of inflated stats on it at the moment, Tierny is the biggest benefactor of that IMO.

While I agree there isnt much flash to his game but he makes the right play just about every time on both sides of the puck. Sometimes quiet point producers are a great thing to have because they get the guys going that like to flash and dangle. He is a good complementary piece for an offensive player while being responsible defensively. He has looked his best with Stone because they both play a similar game, its intelligent and based on hockey sense. Alot of small give and goes that get open ice, I really hope that Boucher keeps them together. He is also only 24 years old, born in 1994 he is a young player, mature beyond his years. I think that has alot to do with playing in London then a veteran team in San Jose.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes