GDT: Panthers @ Senators - 730pm - TSN5, RDS2. Blacked Panthered Out in Most Regions

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
After Duchene we are kinda weak down the middle of the ice up front...On the defense we lack that Methot style defender in the top 4

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
After Duchene we are kinda weak down the middle of the ice up front...On the defense we lack that Methot style defender in the top 4
Our Centre depth is super weird. No high end 2C but a bunch of capable guys like Tierney, Pageau, White, and sometimes Smith. If Duchene stays and Brown turns out we'll be set, if not we gotta add from the outside. And ya, we desperately need another top 4 D or two.

Reactions: topshelf15

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I'm not worried about the center ice position if we manage to re-sign Duchene. Once we have the #1 guy we can slot in the rest of the guys behind him (especially if they end up playing with Stone who can carry his own line). Every single one of Brown, White, Tierney, Pageau and Chlapik can (at least) play spot duty on the 2nd line. It would be more of a "committee" approach at C, but considering the other holes on this roster it would be the last thing I'd look at fixing.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I'm not worried about the center ice position if we manage to re-sign Duchene. Once we have the #1 guy we can slot in the rest of the guys behind him (especially if they end up playing with Stone who can carry his own line). Every single one of Brown, White, Tierney, Pageau and Chlapik can (at least) play spot duty on the 2nd line. It would be more of a "committee" approach at C, but considering the other holes on this roster it would be the last thing I'd look at fixing.
Defense is the number one issue,along with getting a backup goalie...But center ice could also use some work

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
In his defense, he did say he likely would have done the same had he been in Hoffman's shoes even though he was pissed about it.

Gotta say, that was pretty enjoyable seeing Hoffman seal the deal like that. I was hoping they would pan the camera to Dorion for his reaction.

Buy a panthers jersey and join their board.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Buy a panthers jersey and join their board.

People have every right to continue to cheer for (and support) players that are no longer on the Senators. Hoffman was a key cog here for a long time, it's only logical that some of us became fans of his and are still fans, regardless of the team he plays for. I'll continue to cheer for Zibanejad without feeling the need to buy a Rangers jersey.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
And yet another snowflake on this board that can’t emotionally handle a disagreement with their opinion, let alone formulate a convincing counter argument to win some support. Typical.
Ya, because I'm too shy to disagree with other posters and debate the merits of their statements.

Super accurate assessment. Pretty much par for the course for your contributions to the board.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Ottawa seems to have plenty of depth at most positions, it may not be elite depth but it looks at this point anyway pretty good with the exception of RD. They do have a few left shot D who could play & have played the right side.

IMO they can put together three good lines & two good pairings defensively & it's really only in net whether a couple of those guys pan out or not. I did not include players I thought had no future in Ottawa at this time.

Centre: Duchene, Tierny, White. Pageau, Smith, Chlapik, Brown, Paul, Norris

Left Wing: Dzingel, Tkachuk, Boedker, Paul, Formenton, Tambellini, Balcers

Right Wing: Stone, Ryan, Batherson, Rodewald, Gagne, Nurmi

Left Defence: Chabot, Lajoie, Wolanin, Harpur, Boroweicki, Sieloff, Englund

Right Defence: Ceci, DeMello, Jaros, JBD

Goalies: Anderson, Condon, Hogberg, Gustavsson, Daccord, Hollett, Mandolese

Some day:
Duchene - Brown - Stone
Dzingel - Chlapik - Ryan
Tkachuk - White - Batherson
Formenton - Paul - Gagné/Nurmi

Chabot - JBD
Lajoie - Ceci
Wolanin - Jaros/Harpur - Harpur can also play the right side

Gustavsson - Hogberg/Daccord

Reactions: Clayonator

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
People have every right to continue to cheer for (and support) players that are no longer on the Senators. Hoffman was a key cog here for a long time, it's only logical that some of us became fans of his and are still fans, regardless of the team he plays for. I'll continue to cheer for Zibanejad without feeling the need to buy a Rangers jersey.

Not the issue. You’re missing the point. It’s the fact that said goal put the Sens away. Claiming to be Happy to see that while still claiming be a Sens fan? If you’re allegiances clearly lie with that of an individual player over his former team maybe it’s time to stop lying to oneself.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton

Only question on a serious note would be.. why are you a Zibanejad's fan?

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Ya, because I'm too shy to disagree with other posters and debate the merits of their statements.

Super accurate assessment. Pretty much par for the course for your contributions to the board.

I’m shaking....

Also, you clearly forgot the part where I said “convincing”. Anyone can disagree just for the sake of it.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
With the way Duchene and Stone are playing they could both easily get 10 mill contracts on the open market.

There are always teams desperate enough. Not to mention the cap will be going up.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Ottawa seems to have plenty of depth at most positions, it may not be elite depth but it looks at this point anyway pretty good with the exception of RD. They do have a few left shot D who could play & have played the right side.

IMO they can put together three good lines & two good pairings defensively & it's really only in net whether a couple of those guys pan out or not. I did not include players I thought had no future in Ottawa at this time.

Centre: Duchene, Tierny, White. Pageau, Smith, Chlapik, Brown, Paul, Norris

Left Wing: Dzingel, Tkachuk, Boedker, Paul, Formenton, Tambellini, Balcers

Right Wing: Stone, Ryan, Batherson, Rodewald, Gagne, Nurmi

Left Defence: Chabot, Lajoie, Wolanin, Harpur, Boroweicki, Sieloff, Englund

Right Defence: Ceci, DeMello, Jaros, JBD

Goalies: Anderson, Condon, Hogberg, Gustavsson, Daccord, Hollett, Mandolese

Some day:
Duchene - Brown - Stone
Dzingel - Chlapik - Ryan
Tkachuk - White - Batherson
Formenton - Paul - Gagné/Nurmi

Chabot - JBD
Lajoie - Ceci
Wolanin - Jaros/Harpur - Harpur can also play the right side

Gustavsson - Hogberg/Daccord
The defense on the left is decently deep but its green,the right is very shallow and green...Up front RW and Center need work....Its not bad mind you but there is for sure some work and additions that will have to be done

Reactions: aragorn

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
With the way Duchene and Stone are playing they could both easily get 10 mill contracts on the open market.

There are always teams desperate enough. Not to mention the cap will be going up.
That's why you sign your players before arbitration.

Way to go Dorion and Melnyk.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The defense on the left is decently deep but its green,the right is very shallow and green...Up front RW and Center need work....Its not bad mind you but there is for sure some work and additions that will have to be done
I think they have the assets to do just that, improve where needed, but yea, they are green in a number of positions & we saw last night with young guys that they will make mistakes. And who knows how long these young players will continue to produce & make a difference in games. In three to five yrs they could have a very solid looking lineup IF everything works out in their favour & a number of these prospects pan out. It's the owner, management & coaches that worry me more so than the players at this point with this team & franchise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad