GDT: Panthers @ Senators - 730pm - TSN5, RDS2. Blacked Panthered Out in Most Regions

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I think they have the assets to do just that, improve where needed, but yea, they are green in a number of positions & we saw last night with young guys that they will make mistakes. And who knows how long these young players will continue to produce & make a difference in games. In three to five yrs they could have a very solid looking lineup IF everything works out in their favour & a number of these prospects pan out. It's the owner, management & coaches that worry me more so than the players at this point with this team & franchise.
The frame work for a very good team is there for sure,and I totally agree with you the management needs to do a far far better job than they have shown previously,to really get the most out of the good young assets we do have

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Ottawa seems to have plenty of depth at most positions, it may not be elite depth but it looks at this point anyway pretty good with the exception of RD. They do have a few left shot D who could play & have played the right side.

IMO they can put together three good lines & two good pairings defensively & it's really only in net whether a couple of those guys pan out or not. I did not include players I thought had no future in Ottawa at this time.

Centre: Duchene, Tierny, White. Pageau, Smith, Chlapik, Brown, Paul, Norris

Left Wing: Dzingel, Tkachuk, Boedker, Paul, Formenton, Tambellini, Balcers

Right Wing: Stone, Ryan, Batherson, Rodewald, Gagne, Nurmi

Left Defence: Chabot, Lajoie, Wolanin, Harpur, Boroweicki, Sieloff, Englund

Right Defence: Ceci, DeMello, Jaros, JBD

Goalies: Anderson, Condon, Hogberg, Gustavsson, Daccord, Hollett, Mandolese

Some day:
Duchene - Brown - Stone
Dzingel - Chlapik - Ryan
Tkachuk - White - Batherson
Formenton - Paul - Gagné/Nurmi

Chabot - JBD
Lajoie - Ceci
Wolanin - Jaros/Harpur - Harpur can also play the right side

Gustavsson - Hogberg/Daccord

If Brown actually pans out to be a #1/2 C, I won't move Duchene to the wing, especially if you have Chlapik as a #2C, which is a good player but not a #2 C

Tkachuk - Brown - Stone
Dzingle - Duchene - Batherson
Formenton - White - Ryan
Paul - Chlapik -

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
If Brown actually pans out to be a #1/2 C, I won't move Duchene to the wing, especially if you have Chlapik as a #2C, which is a good player but not a #2 C

Tkachuk - Brown - Stone
Dzingle - Duchene - Batherson
Formenton - White - Ryan
Paul - Chlapik -
Thats another beauty of Duchene,we could stack a line with him on LW if we really need a goal..And if the center gets kicked you have a great faceoff man already there

Reactions: aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Tierney has slowed down a bit because he isn't playing with Stone anymore.

It's interesting that if we wanted to upgrade a particular position three guys I would probably consider trading are the three guys we got in the EK deal, Tierny, Boedker & DeMello. These three should be able to return a good RD, LW or even decent goalie.

I like Chlapik more than Tierny, I like Formenton more than Boedker & I like JBD more than DeMello who I hope could be ready in a yr or two. I also like Tambellini more than Balcers in Belleville.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
It's interesting that if we wanted to upgrade a particular position three guys I would probably consider trading are the three guys we got in the EK deal, Tierny, Boedker & DeMello. These three should be able to return a good RD, LW or even decent goalie.

I like Chlapik more than Tierny, I like Formenton more than Boedker & I like JBD more than DeMello who I hope could be ready in a yr or two. I also like Tambellini more than Balcers in Belleville.
Yep,good train of thought....There will always be team looking to part out a star to gain elusive depth...

Reactions: Sensung

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

The jokes write themselves.

Last edited:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
If we don't retain both Stone and Duchene, it is going to be difficult to be confident in the future.
Yep,we would like EDM vs 2.0 ...Then when we draft that superstar we will be in a rush to try and sign some players to surround him with in FA which never works

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I think San Jose might be interested. They have a RD who could use a change of scenery
He is just a dream now unfortunately .....SJ is kinda stuck now,they can only trade him in the west if they cant sign him

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
They should trade him to the Sens and give Ottawa another 1st round pick for trading him to the East.

We have the perfect package for him as well in DeMelo Tierney and Balcers

:popcorn:
I have no issues with putting the boots to one Doug Wilson for once

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Buy a panthers jersey and join their board.
Dude, I've been a massive Hoffman fan since we drafted him and he's my favorite player in the league since he broke in. I wear 68 in hockey because of him. I think I'm allowed to cheer for him even against the Sens, and yes I did even enjoy him showing up management a little bit after they gave him away and threw him under the bus. Wins and losses are not what this seasons Senators are about either way, even the GM himself has said it's about growth not wins/losses, so I'll take some excitement from 68 in the interim thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy and Sensung

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Dude, I've been a massive Hoffman fan since we drafted him and he's my favorite player in the league since he broke in. I wear 68 in hockey because of him. I think I'm allowed to cheer for him even against the Sens, and yes I did even enjoy him showing up management a little bit after they gave him away and threw him under the bus. Wins and losses are not what this seasons Senators are about either way, even the GM himself has said it's about growth not wins/losses, so I'll take some excitement from 68 in the interim thanks.
Yes absolutely, if i was Hoff i would have done the same damn thing after i scored against the team who blame me for the dressing room being "broken". Hoff would sure look good in a Sens jersey just about now. wouldn't he?

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
And yet another snowflake on this board that can’t emotionally handle a disagreement with their opinion, let alone formulate a convincing counter argument to win some support. Typical.

I hate to dredge this up but I'd like to point out that what you've said here is very ironic after telling someone else to leave the board and post elsewhere because you didn't like their opinion.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Yes absolutely, if i was Hoff i would have done the same damn thing after i scored against the team who blame me for the dressing room being "broken". Hoff would sure look good in a Sens jersey just about now. wouldn't he?
Totally, don't hold that against him and even Boro himself said after the game that he probably would have done the same thing if he were in Hoff's shoes.

Sure would look good, but Boucher would probably bury him on the 3rd line with two plugs anyways. I think he's in part producing more because he's not being held back by playing with defensive guys like JGP & Pyatt.

Boedker has actually not been that bad imo, but he's clearly not at Hoffman's level.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Totally, don't hold that against him and even Boro himself said after the game that he probably would have done the same thing if he were in Hoff's shoes.

Sure would look good, but Boucher would probably bury him on the 3rd line with two plugs anyways. I think he's in part producing more because he's not being held back by playing with defensive guys like JGP & Pyatt.

Boedker has actually not been that bad imo, but he's clearly not at Hoffman's level.
Yes i agree with you. I liked Hoff a lot too, to be honest with you i was a little bit more upset when they traded Hoff then Karlsson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad