Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ Sabres 10-11-19 at 7:00 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
As I’ve been saying, I just want to continue to see consistency at 5v5. The first few games have had some ups and downs but overall solid 5v5 #s. Continue that.

Any life from the Mittelstadt line is a bonus.

StlSwedes

Dec 3, 2009
Florida had a tough start to the season. They play a back to back this weekend and the Sabres game looks to be the one they could 'circle' on their calendar to get a win. So I expect their best. Meaning, we should have a tough game tonight.

That said, both the Sabres and Panthers have had no shortage of goals in their games so far so I hope this one is entertaining too. 4-0-1 sounds almost too good to be true.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Big test tonight against a good team we will be competing for a wildcard spot against all year

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I used to feel pretty indifferent toward the Panthers, but Yandle changed that with his scummy play. Hope we crush 'em.

I don't like that we're again at a point where we have to wonder if it's better to infect multiple lines with bad players or put all the crap (Vesey/Mitts/Sobotka) on one line that gets rolled every time they take the ice.

And I will still never understand how we've decided Mitts should just never play on the wing when it's clear as day he's overmatched as a center.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Bob probably only plays one of the B2B this week. Do they give him a night off tonight and play Montembault, or do they play Bob in the divisional game and Montembault tomorrow (at NYI)?

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I HATE watching the Sabres play the Panthers. They're a very big and physical team, but they're also incredibly boring to watch. No wonder hockey isnt selling well there. A mediocre team that's comparable to watching paint dry; that's not going to fill the seats.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
Hate to be a Debbie Sundowner, but the Panthers always seem to school us as of late, and I have a feeling they’re going to deliver us our first regulation loss.

I’m gonna say 4-2, Cats.

-Barkov x2, Hoffman, Yandle.
-Okposo, Miller.

OT- but does anyone else have an occurrence when typing on an iPhone, that the keyboard mysteriously disappears, and it just so happens that you’re directly over an ad, which of course opens in a separate page?

Are you trying to get me to throw my phone through a window, hfboards? Because that’s how you get me to throw my phone through a window :)

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
No one's figured out what Krueger and the Sabres are doing yet. Opponents are still expecting the Housley Sabres so I think Coach Q will have his team prepared to play the wrong team tonight.......

Reactions: Chainshot

sabregoat

Sep 22, 2005
Hamburg, NY
Hate to be a Debbie Sundowner, but the Panthers always seem to school us as of late, and I have a feeling they’re going to deliver us our first regulation loss.

I’m gonna say 4-2, Cats.

-Okposo, Miller.

OT- but does anyone else have an occurrence when typing on an iPhone, that the keyboard mysteriously disappears, and it just so happens that you’re directly over an ad, which of course opens in a separate page?

Are you trying to get me to throw my phone through a window, hfboards? Because that’s how you get me to throw my phone through a window :)

happens on my IPAD frequently

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm

I’m gonna say 4-2, Cats.

-Okposo, Miller.

Occurrence love that .. Its a planned screw over and ads have taken over site .. Info links? Anyway.. Still preferredto ss insufferable directed content paid fed posters who solod their soul likje sds and notfreenman

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
Occurrence love that .. Its a planned screw over and ads have taken over site .. Info links? Anyway.. Still preferredto ss insufferable directed content paid fed posters who solod their soul likje sds and notfreenman
I have no idea what you just said but I’ll assume you’re on my side with this :laugh:

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
No one's figured out what Krueger and the Sabres are doing yet. Opponents are still expecting the Housley Sabres so I think Coach Q will have his team prepared to play the wrong team tonight.......
Idk, I think columbus showed that throwing a lot of pressure can throw us off, and Montreal kind of played with that in mind

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Good test for the Eichel line again tonight - if they can be even or win 5-on-5 vs. Barkov, that'll be a win. Honestly, I wonder if Ralph tries to get the LOG line out against Barkov.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
I HATE watching the Sabres play the Panthers. They're a very big and physical team, but they're also incredibly boring to watch. No wonder hockey isnt selling well there. A mediocre team that's comparable to watching paint dry; that's not going to fill the seats.
I gotta disagree, the Panthers offense is dynamic and very exciting to watch. If they don't have the best top 6 in the league they have to be right up there. Their defense and goaltending has led to a lot of high scoring games the last couple years. Of course, I hope that we destroy them tonight.

Reactions: Franson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad