Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ Sabres 10-11-19 at 7:00 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Sounds like we are running into a Columbus situation again. Quennville is pissed at their start, not liking our chances tonight

Reactions: joshjull

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Panthers already have their GDT up, so let's start this.

Panthers got only 2 points out of their first 3 games but played against Tampa (x2) and the Canes.

Looks like Dadonov was demoted to the third line and they don't like their defense.

Sabres coach Ralph Krueger: the most interesting man in hockey

And Q bag skated them the other day, so this is sort of like the CBus game were they're going to have a team trying to get the coach off their backs, so they should be motivated.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
1-6-1 in the last 8 vs Florida.

They always give us a fit.

5-3 Florida

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
And Q bag skated them the other day, so this is sort of like the CBus game were they're going to have a team trying to get the coach off their backs, so they should be motivated.
Who bag skates their team the first week of the season?

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I gotta disagree, the Panthers offense is dynamic and very exciting to watch. If they don't have the best top 6 in the league they have to be right up there. Their defense and goaltending has led to a lot of high scoring games the last couple years. Of course, I hope that we destroy them tonight.
I was going to argue it's the system they play more than the personnel, but I completely forgot they hired Q over the offseason. Maybe they'll play a more uptempo game instead of clogging the neutral zone.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Good test for the Eichel line again tonight - if they can be even or win 5-on-5 vs. Barkov, that'll be a win. Honestly, I wonder if Ralph tries to get the LOG line out against Barkov.
VO will have to step up if that's the matchup

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Ullmark playing makes it look like the 'starting' goaltender job is still up for the taking. I liked him last game and hope it continues

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
I dont get to watch tonight, went to LA for the Babymetal show. Hopefully they pull out the win.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Ullmark playing makes it look like the 'starting' goaltender job is still up for the taking. I liked him last game and hope it continues
Team needs to decide Ullmark's longer term value, and he's an arb.-eligible RFA after this season. Hutton likely isn't in their plans beyond the expiration of his contract next season.
I'm not sure the team needs a clear-cut starter unless either or both goalies need that decision, OR, one of the goalies gets hot and the other turns cold and their playoff chances hang in the balance. I expect a split closer to 46/36 than 56/26.

Tonights gonna be one of the toughest tests so far.
There are no easy tests. Once opponents take the Sabres for real, they'll stop throwing their backup goalies in net.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Barkov is a big test for Eichel.

Barkov has regularly taken the Eichel line to the cleaners. Probably his worst match up in the league other than Bergeron.

Rather see Larry’s line try to neutralize them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->