Confirmed with Link: Panthers "Reverse Retro" jersey for 2020-21

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Em89nZWWMAAu__p
I'll take the W, it's not the new leaping Panther logo. I do get where the big white stripe comes from, but it would have been (probably) much nicer if the bottom white was red and bottom red golden.

Reactions: UKPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Really slick looking. Not the best of the retros but definitely in the top few.

Some of them are horrible but I think ours looks really good.

FLA is one of the top 5 ones imo, of course we're a little bias.
The best one is the CAR/HFD one, always loved that logo.
Like the OTT, SJ and WSH ones as well.

Look at the PIT, STL, ANA and TOR ones. Horrible.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
FLA is one of the top 5 ones imo, of course we're a little bias.
The best one is the CAR/HFD one, always loved that logo.
Like the OTT, SJ and WSH ones as well.

Look at the PIT, STL, ANA and TOR ones. Horrible.
I like the "in your face" silliness of the Ducks jersey. If you want ugly, look at Dallas and Detroit, they missed so badly.

Reactions: Pigge and Vilam

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I actually like these even more than our old original blues. The original reds were my favorites (and whites) but the blues never hit the same with me. I think these are a much cleaner and sleeker version of those.

I originally didn’t like the white stripe at the bottom in the mock-ups, but seeing it in person I think the white goes well with the other colors (maybe a tad too thick but overall I like the addition) and I like the current gold over the yellow gold, which I’m a little surprised about, I thought I would’ve preferred the yellow striping more.

overall I think these are a fantastic new modern take on our old blue jerseys. I absolutely want one.

Are they only selling these in authentic version? I only see the authentic $210 version available

wampa13jku

Jun 29, 2019
Davie, FL
As a Panthers jersey collector, I'm in of course.

Glad they went with the OG Panther instead of the new minimalistic one. Only thing that bothers me here is the "96" on the neck cause we didn't have the blue until 98-99. Those details is what make jersey collecting fun, HUGE missed opportunity to make this the leaping Panther with the broken stick and the 98 on the collar, more accurate for my picky ass taste.

Also, funny if they would have dropped a Reverse Retro of the JetBlue to piss everyone off haha. (I own one and love it, don't really care about the hate on that thing)

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
As a Panthers jersey collector, I'm in of course.

Glad they went with the OG Panther instead of the new minimalistic one. Only thing that bothers me here is the "96" on the neck cause we didn't have the blue until 98-99. Those details is what make jersey collecting fun, HUGE missed opportunity to make this the leaping Panther with the broken stick and the 98 on the collar, more accurate for my picky ass taste.

Also, funny if they would have dropped a Reverse Retro of the JetBlue to piss everyone off haha. (I own one and love it, don't really care about the hate on that thing)
It's a reverse of the 96 jerseys, not a tweaking of our 98. That's why the collar says 96.

Reactions: Vilam

wampa13jku

Jun 29, 2019
Davie, FL
It's a reverse of the 96 jerseys, not a tweaking of our 98. That's why the collar says 96.

Yeah I get the whole reverse coloring thing but I see blue, I see 98 same with 96, I see red/white. We still need a blue third and this is not it, should have done this one Red and tweak it to resemble those 96 ones and wait to unveil an official blue third later. This to me seems more like one of those fashion jerseys we had before with Reebok, Starter etc.

Anyway, the casual fan cant care less about those things so that's who Adidas aims to please, still happy we finally got a different jersey, I'm gonna buy for my collection for sure.

VerhaegheAintAverage

I'm gonna need Verhaeghe to do Verhaeghe things.
Jul 23, 2009
UK
Would have been 10/10 if they didn't include the white.

This. I like it anyway because I love the logos and it's just close enough to the classic navy 3rd, which is my favourite.

Sadly, not at that money. If I thought I'd fit into a youth XL I'd get one, but I suspect the sleeves will be too short :(

Reactions: MPGA and RogerRoger

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Can anyone with graphics skills try what the jersey would looked like if the white part was the same navy blue is other parts of the jersey or champagne on the jersey

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I actually like these even more than our old original blues. The original reds were my favorites (and whites) but the blues never hit the same with me. I think these are a much cleaner and sleeker version of those.

I originally didn’t like the white stripe at the bottom in the mock-ups, but seeing it in person I think the white goes well with the other colors (maybe a tad too thick but overall I like the addition) and I like the current gold over the yellow gold, which I’m a little surprised about, I thought I would’ve preferred the yellow striping more.

overall I think these are a fantastic new modern take on our old blue jerseys. I absolutely want one.

Are they only selling these in authentic version? I only see the authentic $210 version available
I agree, the navy blues were never my favorite. I’m impressed with how much better the new gold looks next to the blue than the original shade. The white stripes are a little too wide, but not terrible. But best of all, they didn’t slap that updated Leaping Panther on it. I think this is the best navy blue version yet.

Vilam

#Catlantic
Feb 8, 2012
San Francisco
Jersey looks fantastic. I like the splash of white on the sleeves. Think I would have preferred the logo with the broken stick, but I'm just glad it's the OG leaping panther and not the recently revised one. I'll definitely be ordering one.

It doesn't sate my desire for a true red throwback, but I'm certainly happy with what they did here.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Can anyone with graphics skills try what the jersey would looked like if the white part was the same navy blue is other parts of the jersey or champagne on the jersey

Hacked this together lol

Attachments

• 14RLA_FPA_G7ELAEP_525_GF2275_BARKOV_16_MF_1__37226.1605569468.jpg
    14RLA_FPA_G7ELAEP_525_GF2275_BARKOV_16_MF_1__37226.1605569468.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 12

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
You did a good job! I think I like the white even more, it looks a little boring without it. The white really pops and goes well with the reds, blues, and gold tone. Maybe it could’ve been thinner but that’s my only potential critique.
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they tried with thinner white.
It might be one of those thing tank works great with the pants and all.

Reactions: FrolikFan67

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad