Recalled/Assigned: Panthers recall d-man MacKenzie Weegar from Springfield

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I'll take even a 2nd rounder for Bjugs, the guy is a non-factor on the ice. Dim Jim could follow up with another bust after Guds.

But yeah, good to see how Weegar performs in the show after almost being forgotten to the AHL.

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
Remember when Hubs and Barky came back and he scored some points?
Remember when Barkov and Huberdeau came back and we won six out of seven?

And then secured one victory over the next nine games?

Anyway, I'm not sure of your point. In any case, I'm excited about Weegar. Been flying under the radar the past few years but has been putting up decent totals in the A and should be ready for some full time top-6 duty next season along with McCoshen. They should be able to blunt the sting of inevitably losing either Pysyk or Petrovic in the expansion draft.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017

Then why call him up?

WTF? I mean if we were still in the race, you could maybe argue Kindl is more experienced or whatever... but why not play Weegar now? This seems like the perfect opportunity to give him some games - if he plays well, awesome, if he costs us a game, we improve our draft positon - either way it's valuable experience for him and a chance to see what we have in him for the team.

Unless they're counting on a sudden drastic improvement in our play and a new twelve game winning streak :shakehead

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Remember when Barkov and Huberdeau came back and we won six out of seven?

And then secured one victory over the next nine games?

Anyway, I'm not sure of your point. In any case, I'm excited about Weegar. Been flying under the radar the past few years but has been putting up decent totals in the A and should be ready for some full time top-6 duty next season along with McCoshen. They should be able to blunt the sting of inevitably losing either Pysyk or Petrovic in the expansion draft.

No it was just at that time, people were proclaiming how dumb everyone one was to doubt Nick. Now he has top 6 wingers and its the same story.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
LOL if that is the case.

Row: "Weegar, you earned the right to be scratched in the NHL, well done son".

If they want a warm body in the press box just call up a career AHL guy.

Let Weegar continue to play than scratch him up here.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
LOL if that is the case.

Row: "Weegar, you earned the right to be scratched in the NHL, well done son".

If they want a warm body in the press box just call up a career AHL guy.

Let Weegar continue to play than scratch him up here.
Well, case Malgin shouldn't leave us that surprised. Management seems to have a thing for sitting young players that need playing time at the popcorn section.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Well, case Malgin shouldn't leave us that surprised. Management seems to have a thing for sitting young players that need playing time at the popcorn section.

Lineup decisions are mostly on Rowe, so don't think it's management sitting Weegar. Not sure why this keeps coming up

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Lineup decisions are mostly on Rowe, so don't think it's management sitting Weegar. Not sure why this keeps coming up
"It's a group decision", right?

Why would "management" (Rowe isn't a part of that anymore?) call up Weegar, if they already know Rowe isn't going to play him? What a breakdown in communication if that's true and they didn't ask Rowe first if he's planning to play the call-up guy or not.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
"It's a group decision", right?

Why would "management" (Rowe isn't a part of that anymore?) call up Weegar, if they already know Rowe isn't going to play him? What a breakdown in communication if that's true and they didn't ask Rowe first if he's planning to play the call-up guy or not.

No, and we already knew Rowe isn't really part of management. He was turning over those responsibilities and flat out said he would be focusing only on coaching the team when Gallant was fired. This isn't new. Tallon himself has said that lineup decisions are ultimately up to Rowe...trust me, if management was the one making lineup decisions, Thornton wouldn't be playing.

Group decision, in the sense that they talk about these things collectively. But again, if Rowe wants to play one player over another then that's his decision. Theres no break down in communication and there's no story to be made out of this in my opinion.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
No, and we already knew Rowe isn't really part of management. He was turning over those responsibilities and flat out said he would be focusing only on coaching the team when Gallant was fired. This isn't new. Tallon himself has said that lineup decisions are ultimately up to Rowe...trust me, if management was the one making lineup decisions, Thornton wouldn't be playing.

Group decision, in the sense that they talk about these things collectively. But again, if Rowe wants to play one player over another then that's his decision. Theres no break down in communication and there's no story to be made out of this in my opinion.
It's still a stupid decision to call Weegar up if they didn't ask Rowe first that if he's going to play or not. Or they did ask him and did it anyway. Why not call up some career AHLer if you just want a healthy body that's not going to play over the mighty Kindl?

Way to reward players by letting them sit in the pressbox and hurt your AHL team in the process.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
It's still a stupid decision to call Weegar up if they didn't ask Rowe first that if he's going to play or not. Or they did ask him and did it anyway. Why not call up some career AHLer if you just want a healthy body that's not going to play over the mighty Kindl?

Way to reward players by letting them sit in the pressbox and hurt your AHL team in the process.

Yep, the T-Birds are the only positive thing going on for the Org at the moment. Lets take their best defenseman and not play him.

Swede93

Sep 14, 2009

Then what was the issue with Gallant wanting to ice a tougher lineup and making his own decisions on the lineup?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad